Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martini Bar

Default Martini Bar

Still wondering where it is EXACTLY and the EXACT date it will be serving drinks. Will there be tables, chairs, bar stools, facing the ocean?

What resort?
    Irie Mon

You might need to say WHERE and WHEN you are going.

Last year the Martini Bar at CTI was on the roof above the main building, there is a staircase next to the doors into the buffet restaurant and signs were posted saying what nights/times it was offered. We went at least twice--there was a little hors d'oeuvre setup, a dedicated bartender and a menu of special flavored martinis like chocolate mudslide, cosmopolitans, etc. (If you are not a martini fan, just grab a drink from the main bar on your way up.) There were chairs one night (I think there was a Newlywed game up there afterwards) and not the other. There were small tables to set down your drink and nice views.

I read somewhere that there is a new-ish martini bar at CSS too, but haven't been to it yet.

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to visiting the martini bar on our trip next month. Any suggestions on the best martins to try at CSA?

Quote Originally Posted by soglad View Post
    Still wondering where it is EXACTLY and the EXACT date it will be serving drinks. Will there be tables, chairs, bar stools, facing the ocean?
    If CSA, it is upstairs in the Palms and Lemongrass Restaurant building. Palms is downstairs Lemon upstairs. No, it doesn't face the ocean..You go right up the stairs and sit at the bar....it is warm up there just FYI (open air restaurant).

My bad...I meant the new martini bar at CSS.

Also, arriving on Feb. 26th.

This is the first I have heard of a New bar at CSS. Details please!!! (Arrive Mar 13)

Just back from CSS. The martini bar is on the patio area just down the stairs from the Balloon Bar. Very nice with a wide drink selection. Personally, I'm a purist and like dry gin martini's, but they have a lot of flavors. I believe you can see the ocean from there.

Yes, it's located on the lower terrace, in front of E-Block, below the Balloon Bar's location. This is an older photo, and this area's terrace has been redone with larger, nonslip, slate/grayish tiles. And yes, as you can see, it has a marvellous view of the ocean:

http://www.funbeaches.com/Couples_Sans_Souci/top.jpg
    Last edited by GardenGal; February 4th, 2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Just noticed wrong Block mentioned. Thanx to poster below.

The building you see in GardenGal's picture is actually E block, not C (just so people aren't confused !! )

Thanks for the photo. We've been to CSS 9 times and neither one of us can picture where that patio is. Shame on us. Guess we'll have to check it out in person in three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    Just back from CSS. The martini bar is on the patio area just down the stairs from the Balloon Bar. Very nice with a wide drink selection. Personally, I'm a purist and like dry gin martini's, but they have a lot of flavors. I believe you can see the ocean from there.
    OK, now I am confused. Did they remove the pool on this level?? BTW, I am with you on the Dry Gin Martini!!!
    <Edit>
    Confusion cleared! Now I know the level you are talking about. Can't wait to try my first one as the sun is setting!! 36 days and counting!!
    Last edited by Artie; February 5th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

If you leave the Balloon Bar & head down the short staircase toward E block, stop at the bottom of that staircase. Turn right, towards the ocean, & head down that way. The walkway looks like this:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/36eb75ca.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...1/6f1ea47d.jpg

Then you head down the stairs to the left, just at the bottom edge of my pics. That's where the terrace is located. E block is practically right there, on your left-ish, as you're facing the ocean.

The lobby pool is on the same level as the Balloon Bar.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/efaa6173.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackiemrp/2656654793/

Jackie

Thanks for clarifying. Can't wait to try our first, very dry gin martini there in a few weeks!

Martini bar at CSS
    Name:  css martini.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  175.3 KB

Excellent ... great news. One of the things we love at CSA is the Martini bar upstairs (they do know how to make a great martini). We will be at CSS beginning April 23rd -- looking forward to this positive change/addition to CSS. The location is such an ideal spot to enjoy the view. Thanks for the update and sharing.

What are the hours for the Martini Bar? Can't wait to try it out in July!!!!:-) Cpanddp thanks for posting the picture!

WooHoo! I see my Bombay Blue Sapphire!!! Cannot wait. Nothing like an ice cold martini to start the evening. Anyone know if they have blue cheese stuffed olives?!?
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Ditto on the Blue Bay Sapphire. Wouldn't count on specialty olives, but who knows? Maybe bring your own if you love them that much.
    The new bar should be a nice experience and a nice addition to CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by soglad View Post
    Soglad - was your question a joke? EXACTLY and EXACT.....
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

Love it! Huge plus for CSS. Now please add them also yo CN and CTI. Pleeeeeease!

Would love if someone going soon would take a picture of the martini menu! Thanks in advance!

Can't wait to try it out. Looks so pretty. A Jamaican sunset with a Martini sounds straight out of a Bond movie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast