Default How do you stay Sane?

My wife and I have 50 days remaining before heading to CSS. We honeymooned in 1997 at now CTI and have been wanting to go back to couples for years now. With work, kids, activities, ups and downs of life we finally booked back in August to attend in March (21-28). The issue I have is that we live in Eastern Ontario Canada and it has been freezing and snow mounting. Work has been crazy (70 hours a week for myself ) and my wife has been busy with work and driving the boys to hockey and other activitis and hitting the bed at 10pm everynight. We are going in-sane knowing that paradise is just around the corner but how do we/you stay sane with everything life throws to you? Pictures don't do it anymore?

My honey would probably say I'm not sane !

Just knowing that there IS a vacation coming keeps us going.

Hang in there. Soon come.

Life is good

We put magnetic numbers up on our refrigerator door starting with 99 days. First thing every morning when you change your number countdown it will put a smile on your face! Best $1.99 we ever spent.

Try thinking about all those poor folks who have countdowns longer than yours (like us who are sitting on 682 days).
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I find myself working out to get in better shape and drinking a bit more! Every year!

Sometimes I feel like I'm not going to make it either!! 101 days...

42 days for us

Lee-Ann ~n~ Paul your double digit dance. Is just around the corner!!

Needbluewater... Just imagine the countdown cortal has been going through! If they had a countdown clock starting from their visit in 1997 the clock would have started with 6200 days on it!!! Now I understand they didn't book this trip clear back then, but just imagine!!

79 days 14 hours 31 minutes!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Send your wife a photo or video of Couples every day. There are so many on line you won't have trouble finding them. It will make you both feel better. This winter has been exceptional! If we weren't going to couples in March I don't know how I'd make it.

1. Listen to some Bob Marley in the car, to and from work
    2. Get some Red Stripe for at home
    3. Find some frozen Patties at your local grocery store
    4. Go to YouTube and find videos of CSS
    5.Get out the suitcases
    If all this fails...Xanax!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Lee-Ann ~n~ Paul your double digit dance. Is just around the corner!!

Needbluewater... Just imagine the countdown cortal has been going through! If they had a countdown clock starting from their visit in 1997 the clock would have started with 6200 days on it!!! Now I understand they didn't book this trip clear back then, but just imagine!!

79 days 14 hours 31 minutes!!
    Hooray, double digit dance happens TOMORROW!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Needbluewater... Just imagine the countdown cortal has been going through! If they had a countdown clock starting from their visit in 1997 the clock would have started with 6200 days on it!!! Now I understand they didn't book this trip clear back then, but just imagine!!!
    See, there is ALWAYS a silver lining...lol
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I love this thread. DeepBlueWater, thought we planned ahead with just under a year to go !!! magnetic numbers on the fridge, cool idea... However the winner of the best way to stay sane so far for me goes to ginjoe.... genius !!

37 days, Never been to Jamaica lots of other beautiful places though so very excited. and I loved Bardar comment I keep working out also, and drinking a little more LOL. Everyone have a wonderful time when you go.

EMBRACE THE INSANITY!!! Forget trying to do things to ease the pain. There is no cure. Multiple countdowns don't work. A screen shot of your Couples beach as your background doesn't work. Listening to reggae music does not work. 10 Bob Marley shots doesn't work.
    The only way to ease the pain is to first admit it, you are a Couples addict. Second is to stand up and confess your insanity, (follow the link below)

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Support-Group

Come join the many who have stepped up and embraced the addiction. Preach to everyone how wonderful Couples is, and how it has changed your life for the better. Let them believe that you are actually insane and need help. Little do others know the amazing experience it is to be a full fledged Couples "junkie".
    There is no cure for the insanity. Embrace it, live it, love it!!!
    Once you go, you know...