Default New potential CSS guest

Hello everyone. First off, this is my first post on this board so it's customary to tell a little about yourself. I'm Tim, aka Cigar Dude, and my wife and I love the Caribbean. We've cruised several times and stayed at an all inclusive in Cancun. I have a cigar blog where I talk about my "worldly travels" and of course, cigars; www.tinytimblog.blogspot.com (if you're interested)

Our friend, and travel agent, recently stayed at Sans Souci and thought we'd like it. After looking at the site pics I'd have to agree with her! Right now we're looking at dates for next September, but we want to use the deep discounts available through October of this year, so we'll probably have something booked very soon!

While I'm sure there are too many things to list that you love about Sans Souci I'd appreciate hearing some of the things you love about the place.

Plus, if anyone has been to CSS and is an avid cigar smoker I'd like to know where legitimate Cuban cigars are available. I am well familiar with the La Casa Del Habano, and there isn't one close by, but there may be other shops that are known to sell legitimate cigars. I'd appreciate any info.

After cruising for the third year in a row this year Connie really wants to go to CSS next year. It's practically a done deal, but please tell me what you love about the place.

Thanks!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Tim,

I wish I could be of help with Sans Souci, but we will be going for the first time Nov 21 - 28, so by that time, the discounts will be over. We are in the same boat, wanting to book another trip before the discounts are over, but we won't have experienced a Couples resort by then.

I, too, am a cigar enthusiast, so I would love to know if there is anything in the Ocho Rios area where there are known legitimate sources. I know the nearest LCDH is in Negril. I was at another resort (S) in Jamaica this past January and purchased in the resort gift shop. I brought the labels home to inspect. Even though the price was around what would be expected, the labels proved non-legitimate. I have done a little more homework since then, so hopefully I will be way more informed when I go this time.

Hopefully, somebody can chime in with good news.

By the way, I love your blog :-)

We'll probably book CSS so be sure to post your review when you return.

With all the fakes in the Caribbean I'm gun shy about buying down there, but I'm always looking!
    Cigar Dude

We will be sure to post a review and if you are interested, we will post pictures at the photo sharing site that we use. I just saw some new pictures that DocHoliday posted of Sans Souci in another thread. I am REALLY excited to go now. These pictures showed more of the places at the resort that you normally don't see pictures of. Awesome pics, and I thank him for sharing!

I hear you about all the fakes. At least the fake Monte #2 that I had down there was tasty. It can never hurt to keep looking.

Just one thought before I check out your blog: You're talking about booking now to take advantage of the deep discounts, but Couples also runs FILA (Fall in Love Again - fall being a double-entendre also meaning the season) specials that can and may be better suited, since you're going in the off-season.

I have no doubt that you'll adore CSS, and I've known many couples who have been converts from cruising, but it's up to you as far as the "gamble." I haven't honestly looked at the prices for a bit of time or the perks, but I do get the weekly Wednesday special email, and it may be worthwhile to sit for a bit and see if any of those apply to you. It seems to me, and please others correct me if I'm wrong, but the October "deadline" applies much more to in-season or high-season than fall or off-season prices.

Ok I got on your blog, cigar dude and discovered you live by me and my hubby! We live in Evans, GA and I work two days a week in Columbia, SC. I will make you a deal.....if you will help me select some fabulous cigars for my hubby (he loves them but is in the early stages of finding his favorites), I will tell you all the great things about CSS (we are going for the 2nd time in Dec.).....

Quote Originally Posted by bobndeanne View Post
    Ok I got on your blog, cigar dude and discovered you live by me and my hubby! We live in Evans, GA and I work two days a week in Columbia, SC. I will make you a deal.....if you will help me select some fabulous cigars for my hubby (he loves them but is in the early stages of finding his favorites), I will tell you all the great things about CSS (we are going for the 2nd time in Dec.).....
    LOL! Ok, but that's a little like telling someone which car to buy! There are so many different cigars. Tell me (if you know) what type cigars he likes. By that I mean (again, if you know) does he like strong, medium, or mild cigars? If he's new to them I can suggest some that he can try. That's the only way he'll know if he likes them anyway. Everyone has different tastes.

I'll help any way I can!
    Cigar Dude

He said he likes medium...so if you don't mind recommending a couple, we have a cigar place here that is really good. He needs a couple for tomorrow night. We are doing a mini couples party at our friends house, they leave Sunday for CN.

OK, here's few that your local shop should have:

CAO Criollo
    CAO Brazilia

Don Pepin Garcia Blue label

Perdomo Lot 23

Oliva "O" maduro

These are all pretty much medium bodied and not extremely expensive. These are all good to me and most cigar smokers would like them, so take this advice for what it cost you!
    Cigar Dude

Default Just returned from San Souci

Hello! My husband and I just returned from San Souci, actually we got married there. We loved it!!!!! Cant wait to go back. It was everything we had hoped for and so so so so much more. The staff was was amazing. We had a blast with the staff. The food was out of this world. The property was a nothing less than a tropical paradise. My advice to you is go.....you will love it and I promise you, you wont be disappointed at all!!!!

CHarper,

Glad you loved Sans Suci. Would you mind sending me some pics of your experience there? Send them to ticotych@hotmail.com

Thanks.
    Cigar Dude