Default Dress Code at Tower Isle

Would a jacket and tie worn with nice bermuda style shorts, closed toe shoes and knee high stockings be appropriate for dinner. I really like the Island Formal look but just wanted to make sure it was acceptable.

No need for the jacket or tie - not sure if you can get away with short and high socks - dress code states collared shirt and long pants. This only applies to Eight Rivers, what you describe would be fine (although not necessary for the other restaurants.
    Last edited by AAS; February 3rd, 2014 at 10:58 AM.

Amy

If on the island you can leave all those garments in your room only wear your Birthday suit with possibly the tie!

Haha !!

You're kidding, right?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You can wear that anywhere but 8 rivers that is strictly long pants for men and dresses for woman and no open toe shoes for men. Woman can wear sandels

I think that it would be a bit OTT - but i am sure that it would give others a nice laugh.

Perry- At Eight Rivers Restaurant you will need to wear long pants. If you show up in shorts, you will not be seated for dinner. The shorts can be worn at the other restaurants at Tower Isle.

I would hope that discretion would prevail...to me, the Island Formal look you describe completely meets the intent if not the letter of the dress code. You would be the sharpest dressed man at the resort.

The dress code will vary for each restaurant. If you look on the Tower Isle Restaurants & Bars page, then click on the Info and Hours link beside each restaurant, it will give the dress code for each restaurant. See the link below.

http://couples.com/tower-isle/restaurants-bars.php

What you describe would look out of place at any restaurant on the resort. I give you a lot of credit for being smart enough to ask this question ahead of time so that you are not embarrassed when you get to the resort. Don't be afraid to ask questions on this forum.

No jacket and tie required at CTI. You will need long pants with the closed toe shoes for 8 Rivers.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    If on the island you can leave all those garments in your room only wear your Birthday suit with possibly the tie!
    Why do I have the sudden urge, the next time the wife and I go to CTI, to pack a bow tie (not a clip-on, either) to wear out on the Isle?

Maybe bring a little class to the joint...
    :-)

This, ladies and gents, is what we on the Internet call "trolling".

Sadly, it wasn't even a good attempt. I would place a hefty bet a moderator reviewing IPs would find it belongs to someone who's been here a while.

Wow, I thought I was asking a simple question. Really disappointed in some of the replies (odd, embarrassed, trolling). FYI, Here is the look I was trying to describe. Kind of sorry I asked.
    http://cf.juggle-images.com/fit/whit...-bermuda-4.jpg

I think it is a fair question Perry. And I think it is a good look. Ignore the negativity.

perry west, I took it as a serious question and have seen that look, for business people especially on several other islands, never on Jamaica or at a Couples Resort. It looks classy to me, but alas as others did point out, the way the dress code is worded, no it would not be appropriate for the "fancy restaurant" as they definitely say long pants. Depending on time of year you are going, you might even be uncomfortable with the jacket and tie, but I would say, go for it in any of the other restaurants in the evening. You may be the best dressed male there, but I have seen other gentlemen in the classic white suits, or pastel colored that you used to see in the movies, and they looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by perry west View Post
    Wow, I thought I was asking a simple question. Really disappointed in some of the replies (odd, embarrassed, trolling). FYI, Here is the look I was trying to describe. Kind of sorry I asked.
    You will feel overdressed at the resort plus you will be warm. Aside from that, you'll still need long pants for 8 Rivers.

Oh, you were serious. Well, if you wear what you describe, you will be the only one in a jacket, the only one in a tie and the only one in knee socks.
    Last edited by Wally; February 4th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    Why do I have the sudden urge, the next time the wife and I go to CTI, to pack a bow tie (not a clip-on, either) to wear out on the Isle?

Maybe bring a little class to the joint...
    :-)
    warren I'm with you cause we all know, "Bow ties are cool"!

Hey go for it. You will never see those people again. AT Jamaica you can wear all kind of crazy things you don't have nerve enough back home.

Ah. Your description didn't do it justice. Although very respectable, it's not common attire for most. Regardless, it is a tad bit overdressed for Couples, and I think you'd feel out of place.

I, for one, think the idea is awesome. Who cares what others think, you should wear what makes you feel best. Its unique and an homage to days past.

I don't think it will work for 8 rivers though, simply because as good as your intentions are, if they make an exception for one they will have to for all. I wouldn't let that dissuade me from wearing it to other restaurants though. Might even be a chance to meet some folks who are curious or appreciative of the look.

Quote Originally Posted by perry west View Post
    I'm disappointed in the question, but retract my troll assumption.

You can wear that anywhere but 8 Rivers.