Default Smoking policy at CSA??!

We were they May 2013 and you could still smoke in your room and at the bars . Can anybody please tell where my husband is allowed to smoke ?

Quote Originally Posted by lrhalley View Post
    We were they May 2013 and you could still smoke in your room and at the bars . Can anybody please tell where my husband is allowed to smoke ?

I am there now. You can smoke on your balcony and in any open air space. They also seem to allow smoking outside the Feathers/ Patrios restaurant in the lobby area. There is still a ashtray there and people smoke there everyday. They really enforce no smoking while sitting at any of the bars. But you can stand outside or sit outside to smoke while at the bars.

Read the official policy rather than getting 2947 random responses from people who have or have not red it.. Much simpler. Basically NO smoking in any covered area, including your room, restaurants, bars, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Read the official policy rather than getting 2947 random responses from people who have or have not red it.. Much simpler. Basically NO smoking in any covered area, including your room, restaurants, bars, etc.
    (s

Suzi- If you use search Randyman said the policy for their resorts was: no smoking in room, bars, restaurants but they would allow smoking on the balcony AND open air areas. There were no smoking signs at the bars on the beach and swim up bar. Our porter and the gentlemen that did our check-in also repeated this to us. We were just there in December and that WAS THE POLICY at CSA.

We just got back from CSA. People could smoke on their balconies and in the open areas (beach, walkways, etc.). All of the bars have small "no smoking" signs posted. There was an ashtray on the table on our balcony, so it was pretty clear that it would be OK to smoke on our balcony. We did find plenty of cigarette butts on the beach and watched several people snuff out cigarettes in the sand. Not cool.

Hey Bob and Judy - we do smoke and snuff out cigarettes out in the sand - but we do pick them all up when we leave! Do wish we could get over this habit though!
    Dave and Cheryl (Hastings, ON)

What about the outside terrace at Sea Grapes? It is not covered?

Zara - we saw people smoking on the terrace at Sea Grape; just not at the seated area around the prep station.

Dave and Cheryl - That's nice of you to pick up the butts. Unfortunately, I saw many people snuff out the butts in the sand and then just leave the butts there. There were butts everywhere in the sand.

You can.........my husband said that after Jamaica and after Superbowl he would try to quit. Since Monday, 2/3 he had not had a cigarette. He only uses the e cig very sparingly, because he said he didn't want to get hooked on it. This is also wonderful for me, because I have asthma and my IG antibodies (the ones that fight infections) don't work which requires every 4 weeks getting an IV infusion of antibodies which takes 3 hours. Believe me, his second hand smoke was awful. He feels smokers are being discriminated against, but doesn't see that non-smokers are subjected to it when we don't want it. I quit in 1996 because of the asthma. But if my husband can quit, and it's still very early in the process, you can too. Try it and good luck Smokers: please don't yell at me. I'm just stating our situation. Ya Mon.......
    Quote Originally Posted by schnegg View Post
    Hey Bob and Judy - we do smoke and snuff out cigarettes out in the sand - but we do pick them all up when we leave! Do wish we could get over this habit though!

I happy to announce that my husband and I have been smoke free for 15 days and counting. Just went cold turkey one day. It's been really rough since I have smoked for over 35 years but I'm doing it. The best part, we haven't killed each other yet! :-)
    CTI- December 2010
    CN- December 2013

Think of all the money you'll save, besides your health!. Maybe put all that cig money in a jar for your next couples vaca! Keep it up, you'll feel so much better.As a former smoker, (almost 10 years) I can attest to that

FerChits that's AWESOME!! Congrats to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Think of all the money you'll save, besides your health!. Maybe put all that cig money in a jar for your next couples vaca! Keep it up, you'll feel so much better.As a former smoker, (almost 10 years) I can attest to that
    That is a great idea softail. 1 carton a week at $50 bucks a carton is $2600 bucks a year! That is enough for a whole week in Jamaica!!

(estimates are based on lowest room category available. Not valid during peak season, or with any other discounts or promotions. Price does not include the cost of airfare. Offer subject to change without notice)
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014