Default CN - If you had a beach wedding, do you wish you would have used the gazebo?

For those who have been married or had a vow renewal at CN, were you happy with what you chose? Either the gazebo or the beach? How many have used the beach and regretted it? How many used the beach and thought it was better than the gazebo?

To me, it seems like a big variable that is beyond control on the beach is the "background." You could have a boat or jet ski blast buy during your ceremony. Or you could also have swimmers in the water, some with suits, maybe some without....

I think the beach has the potential to be the more scenic venue, but also carries a greater risk of the unexpected.

I agree, I decided to do my wedding in the garden for that exact reason. Plus, my guest can wear their shoes.

We got married at csa and up in the corner of my favorite photo is a parasail. I love it! To be honest we never heard the jet ski or boat that went by. I was "in the moment" You could hear the waves too on our video but don't remember hearing them during the ceremony. We are renewing our vows in April and contemplating the garden just for something different.
    Don't let the beach at cn scare you off, it's really pretty (not as pretty as csa imo) . I wouldn't have changed a thing!
    Last edited by softail19; February 4th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.

We got married on the beach and I wouldn't change a thing! It was FABULOUS!!! I was staring so deeply into my husband's baby blues that I didn't hear anything other than the minister and Jeff. We have fabulous pictures from the ceremony from friends as well as the photographer. Don't be concerned. Have your ceremony where you want it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We were married on the beach at CSA, and like others have said, I didn't notice a thing going on around, but was "in the moment" I listened to words intently from hubby to be and the minister so I could always remember what they said. Apparently, afterwards we were told some guy was out of line trying to cross the beach when the security guard stopped him. Our guests were not to happy with this rude mans behavior and wanted to say or do something to him after the fact! Quite frankly, neither one of us even realized it was happening, but unfortunately our guests and family did. All I have to say, is people, please show a little respect/courtesy when crossing the beach for a wedding, you are walking the beach anyways, so what is a few more steps to walk up and around it? People have planned many months and spent a lot of $$ to have their dream wedding in paradise, don't ruin it by being an a#*hole!

We got married on the beach... The only thing that bothered me is the fact that I was melting in my gown!

Thanks for this question, it has been helpful. We are doing a Vow Renewal at CN in June and we are planning on the beach.

We got married on the beach at CN and it was amazing, I loved it (today is my 4 year anniversary and we will be back for our 5th!) I found people respectful of weddings and there were a few boats in the back ground of our pictures but I didn't think it made them any less beautiful! Name:  wedding2014.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  37.2 KB

Beautiful Dress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WillandAmy View Post
    We got married on the beach at CN and it was amazing, I loved it (today is my 4 year anniversary and we will be back for our 5th!) I found people respectful of weddings and there were a few boats in the back ground of our pictures but I didn't think it made them any less beautiful! Name:  wedding2014.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  37.2 KB

We got married at CN on the beach nearly 4 years ago and loved it! We had our cake and champagne in the gazebo afterward. They have now added the arbor for the beach ceremony that provides a little shade. The sun was shining so brightly at 10:00AM on 6/23/10 that my poor husband's eyes were watering during the ceremony to the point that I thought he was crying, LOL! There were people around but I didn't notice them at all either. Most of your beach photos will be taken after the ceremony and the photographer is very good about being aware of those in the background.

Don't worry about it...you will LOVE whatever you choose. Couples will make certain that your wedding is exactly what you want it to be!
    Leslie & Mike
    CN - 2010 (Married @ CN 6-23-10)
    CSS - 2011, 2012
    CSS & CN 2013

We were married at the beach at CN. Wouldn't change a thing!! We had 25 guests that came, so the gazebo wasn't an option but we had our cocktail party over there. My husband and I were so wrapped up in each other it really didn't matter what was going on around us.. but it was a concern I had when I found out the nudie beach was right there. There is also a volleyball 'court' right there too... They stopped the game during the ceremony to watch us. No biggie! We didn't have anyone in the background of our professional pictures. No one was be loud or obnoxious. Everyone was very nice about it (also a perk of being at an adults only resort). There were a few 'backsides' that ended up in some of the pictures our family took from when people decided to get in the ocean, but whatever, at that point you are so high on love you won't care. Makes for good memories and lots of laughs!