Default Can I trust Air Jamaica for April 2010?

I have been posting a lot lately solely on airfare issues. I already booked my room for April but having been trying to wait for the right price to book my airfare. I was originally waiting for US Air to lower their prices since they are very high right now for April. My work schedule only allows me to travel Saturday to Saturday and I do not want to make any stops on the way. I am flying out of Phila. I usually check the US Air website every day to see if the prices change but today when I checked, the direct flight home was gone and the flight with one stop is even more expensive than what the direct flight was. I have no idea what is going on because the direct flight was not even half full yet. Anyway, Air Jamaica is offering a great price for 2 tickets Saturday to Saturday with no stops. I just don't know if it is safe to take a chance with them. What do you guys think? Are you still flying with Air Jamaica? Also, I can't seem to find the spot on the website where you could see how full the flight is.

Hi, C

We just traveled Air Jamaica in September-we fly out of Baltimore and we haven't had any problems with them,this was our second trip aboard their airline. The only snag was early in the trip when they cancelled our flight leaving Thursday to Friday but that gave us an extra day so we were delighted. If you want direct, cheap, and easy I would recommend them. We are in the process of booking for next year already.

Default Air Jamaica

I've always taken Air Jamaica out of BWI and never had a problem though they were not in negotiations to sell the airline as they are now. We booked our Nov 09 flts leaving the day before Thanksgiving so I hope nothing changes between now and then.

Default Absolutely

We have flown from both Baltimore and Philly and have had no problems.

I am worried about this as well. I have purchased tickets for July '10. We were supposed to fly with them Sept. 17-20, 2009. We were contacted by the airline about six weeks prior and told they were no longer flying Sept 20th. They were not able to fly us back until three days later (Sept 23rd)! This was not an option due to professional and family obligations and actually needed to cancel our trip... It sort of works out because we were supposed to stay at another resort and have since found Couples- so we win in the end.
    I am worried about what will happen wit the airline. I have purchased outside travel insurance in case they close their doors- we would be covered with our Travel Guard Insurance. (which we always purchase anyway)

I don't know how their service is out of Philly, but I do know we booked them out of Chicago a few years ago and a few months before the trip our non-stop flights changed to layovers. Then they were cancelled (or one leg was, I can't remember). We changed to American.

A couple years ago we went to Jamaica with another couple. They wanted non-stop so booked Air Jamaica. Same deal, except theirs was changed the day before - time and non-stop changed to layover. On the return trip they didn't get home for a full day after delays and cancellations.

With that said, I know a lot of people on this board use them religiously and have had good experiences. No one is going to be able to guarantee your flights won't change between booking and travel, unfortunately.

I am really stressed over this stupid AJ stuff. Can anyone offer me any reassurance?

Check out up to date information at the "Jamaican Gleaner". We've always flown AJ from Baltimore, but after seeing a seat duct taped together & the same seat still taped up ten days later, we decided enough is enough! We've been in the same position but finally booked another flight due to the uncertainty. Hate changing planes, but at least we have reservations now for this Dec, and March. Yup-air prices are going up!

we've flown AJ out of Philly several times in April, the flight to JA has always left on time, if not early, can't say that for the trip home, have been delayed up to 5 hours
    I think they have the best travel times,it's almost like getting 2 bonus days on your trip... We've arrived at Couples while they are still serving lunch, and going home, were able to have lunch before boarding the goodby bus

The Fare for April isn't too bad right now, last year I held my breath, watched the sales, didn't buy our tickets until february and paid under $600. for 2

If you are thinking about AJ, watch their specials, learn the patterns, and you should be able to get a really good fare.
    Yammy
    CTI/April Amigos

I thought that the outbound flight out of Phila on Saturday was cancelled, did they reinstate it for April or next year?

Default March 2010 on AJ

I'm counting on them getting us out of Philly to MoBay on 3/12/10 (Friday) and back to Philly on 3/20/10 (Saturday) I just booked last week for $735 (for us both) including all taxes and fees - the week before it was $1,015 - Glad I waited!!!!

Airtran starts non stop service from BWI to Mobay in Feb 2010

I'm still watching the airfares. as of today when I checked, they are still booking for Saturday 4/17 Over the past few years, the Saturday flight from Phl has been at least 80% full, so I can't see them dropping it.
    Yammy
    CTI/April Amigos