Default 74 More Sleeps Till CSS and it cannot come soon enough!

I'm one of those strange people who don't mind snow or winter all that much but I have to admit, I've about had it this year. Living in the Chicago area I'm used to having snow and cold but the cold this year just doesn't seem to want to let up. We've started referring to 30' as downright balmy! I know I'm complaining which does no use, but I am ready for CSS now!!! I know there are others who have had it much worse than those of us in Chicago but my cabin fever is starting to peak. Get me outta here!!!! Okay....I feel better now. Thank you for letting me rant. I'm sure there are many of you that can provide much worse cold and snow stories. Jamaica soon come.

Well........I can only imagine how dealing with the cold can take such a miserable effect on someone. I'm from southern CA....it's about 58 here with the sun bright and the skies blue as the ocean. 24 more days until the Mrs and I are in CN....can't complain too much being from SOCAL

I'm with you. I didn't mind snow, in fact I used to love the snow, but this winter (I'm in west Michigan) has been brutal, and they're forecasting another system Tuesday into Wednesday.. Make it stop!! We have over 4 feet of snow lining our driveway already... 130 days until we're home in CN.

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post
    I'm one of those strange people who don't mind snow or winter all that much but I have to admit, I've about had it this year. Living in the Chicago area I'm used to having snow and cold but the cold this year just doesn't seem to want to let up. We've started referring to 30' as downright balmy! I know I'm complaining which does no use, but I am ready for CSS now!!! I know there are others who have had it much worse than those of us in Chicago but my cabin fever is starting to peak. Get me outta here!!!! Okay....I feel better now. Thank you for letting me rant. I'm sure there are many of you that can provide much worse cold and snow stories. Jamaica soon come.
    The wife and I are from Eastern Ontario Canada and as I am writing this the weather is -10 celcius(for us Canadians) which in turn is 12 farenheit also system coming in Wednesday bringing more snow......we have 44 days( next month) till CSS....already took out the suitcases.....

I don't mind winter either but when it is below zero and in the single digits all the time it gets old. We are in upstate New York in the snow belt. Gust north of us their snow totals are over 200 inches. 70 days 14 hours till we get home to CSS.

Ditto from Central Ohio. Don't know how people in Chicago can stand it and hats off to our more northern brethren. We are lucky though and only have 15 days 22 hours until we should be on the beach at Couples Negril. Doing our pre-check in today and was just hitting the boards first. Is Good Mon!

Totally agree! ENOUGH ALREADY!! We are in Calgary, Alberta(Canada) and its ~ -20C (-5F) all week here and we are SO ready for CSS!! 81 more days!!

25 days until these frigid toes get to wiggle in that warm soft sand.

Soon come.

Life is good

We have 74 days until we are at CSS. St. Louis is expecting more snow today. I keep listening to the Island Song by the Zac Brown Band to keep me focused on the vacation and not the weather.

Jhenderson and carrkm we will all be at CSS at the same time! Perhaps our paths will cross. Just drove to work this morning in a snowstorm and they're predicting another one this weekend. I had the The Joint playing (Sirius XM radio reggae station) and tried to channel warm thoughts of sun and sand. I'm going to sit at my desk today and listen to some Zac Brown, Jimmy Buffet, Kenny Chesney and of course Bob Marley to help get through this. Thanks to all of you for your stories. Its always nice to know you are not alone in your misery.

Still have a ways to go...but July in Jamaica is better than July in Missouri! I don't want to wish my life away, but really looking forward to 10 days on SSB!

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post
    Jhenderson and carrkm we will all be at CSS at the same time! Perhaps our paths will cross. Just drove to work this morning in a snowstorm and they're predicting another one this weekend. I had the The Joint playing (Sirius XM radio reggae station) and tried to channel warm thoughts of sun and sand. I'm going to sit at my desk today and listen to some Zac Brown, Jimmy Buffet, Kenny Chesney and of course Bob Marley to help get through this. Thanks to all of you for your stories. Its always nice to know you are not alone in your misery.
    I love The Joint on Sirius XM! We will be at CSS in about 75 days. Cannot wait! My husband keeps saying next we need to go on his birthday in February instead of May. I think I agree!

Awesome 31 days for us CSA

This has been the winter without end in Wisconsin...and I usually love the snow and the cold! But here we go again...temperatures of negative 30 with the wind chill tomorrow. Thankfully, the kids will still be in school...negative 30 is not cold enough to cancel Wisconsin schools! But as a teacher...that means the dreaded indoor recess!!! Can't wait for CSS in 60 days! Warm weather and a break from kids! Don't get me wrong...I love my job...but we all need a break from our jobs at times!