Thread: CTI vs. SSB

Default CTI vs. SSB

Me and the hubby visited CTI last year (1st AU experience) and absolutely loved the 7 days we spent there in June. We decided to try CSS this year and was wondering if some of you who have done both AN areas can answer a few questions?
    1. How big is the crowd at each location?
    2. CTI has a quiet side and the pool side. Does SSB have a more private area like CTI?
    3. How does the food and drinks compare?
    4. Does the wind blow really hard at SSB like it does at times at CTI thus causing sand in your crack issues?
    5. About how many chairs are typically on the beach for tanning?
    6. Are the people at SSB as fun and friendly as the ones at CTI? Just kidding, know the answer to that one.
    7. Can you tell me one advantage of SSB over CTI other than how the rough seas can prevent the boat from getting to the island?

thanks for your responses.
    4 months 5 days and 22 hours

Me and the hubby visited CTI last year (1st AU experience) and absolutely loved the 7 days we spent there in June. We decided to try CSS this year and was wondering if some of you who have done both AN areas can answer a few questions?
    1. How big is the crowd at each location? ---It can vary day to day or week to week.
    2. CTI has a quiet side and the pool side. Does SSB have a more private area like CTI? ---SSB is spacious with plenty of room to be by yourselves.
    3. How does the food and drinks compare? ---I believe SSB has a larger selection, I thought the food was better at SSB only because it had more items to choose from.
    4. Does the wind blow really hard at SSB like it does at times at CTI thus causing sand in your crack issues? ---The beach is in a cove so it is somewhat protected from the wind.
    5. About how many chairs are typically on the beach for tanning? --- There was plenty, if not just ask.
    6. Are the people at SSB as fun and friendly as the ones at CTI? Just kidding, know the answer to that one.
    7. Can you tell me one advantage of SSB over CTI other than how the rough seas can prevent the boat from getting to the island? ---Nope! We love the island!

2) There is the pool area and the large beach area. You can get well away from the pool and be fairly secluded if you want.

3) SSB vs the island? SSB has a better setup for lunch. The bars are about the same.

4) Just remember that the island would be closed at that time...

5) A lot.

7) So other that the biggie? Well, the island is sort of small, the tower smells and there is nowhere to really go swimming. Plus SSB is open at night so you can relax in the hot tub and look at the stars.

1. How big is the crowd at each location? - It changes day to day just like CTI. Some days at CTI the island was quiet and some days it was packed. Same with SSB. The difference is that when it is busier at SSB, there's more room to spread out. You're not confined to an island.
    2. CTI has a quiet side and the pool side. Does SSB have a more private area like CTI? - As I mentioned in #1 there's a lot of room. The 'quiet area' at SSB is on the beach. You can be as far away from the pool as you want to be and be completely left alone.
    3. How does the food and drinks compare? - When I was at CTI ('09 & '10), they didn't have food on the island, we had to bring it over. The food at SSB was great. So, SSB wins the food battle for
    4. Does the wind blow really hard at SSB like it does at times at CTI thus causing sand in your crack issues? - You're well protected from the wind since you are in the cove.
    5. About how many chairs are typically on the beach for tanning? - There are plenty of chairs for tanning by the pool and on the beach. Not an issue.
    6. Are the people at SSB as fun and friendly as the ones at CTI? Just kidding, know the answer to that one. - Yes, the people are fun and friendly, just like at CTI. I think that the difference in vibe is because of the close proximity on the island. You are almost forced to interact and get to know everyone. You can do that exact same thing at SSB, but you have more options to be left alone. There were days when there were dozens of couples in the pool and we had a big game of pool volleyball going. I think that CTI's demo might be just a tad bit younger, perhaps because of the slight cost difference between the two resorts, but we still had a blast and made some great friends.
    7. Can you tell me one advantage of SSB over CTI other than how the rough seas can prevent the boat from getting to the island? - I would say accessibility. There's no need to wait for the boat. There's nobody kicking you out at 5:00. If you need to run to your room, or if you want to to go try another restaurant for lunch, you can.

We've been to CTI twice ('09 & '10) and CSS/SSB once ('13). Our next trip will be to CSS with a day visit to CTI.
    KBD

Kristin and Brian