Default How come CSS does not offer Catamaran Sunset Cruise ?

How come CSS does not offer Catamaran Sunset Cruise ?

Hi,
    My understanding is that it is because the water is too shallow for the Catamaran to come into the resort. I would love to see that made available via a van over to CTI. If so, there may need to be a small transportation fee to cover the extra cost of the van. But CSS does offer the Dunn's River. They use to offer a horseback excursion through a plantation which was enjoyable and a wonderful delight. But at the end of the day, let's face it, Couples is the most all-inclusive, so have no complaints.

The catamaran cannot come into CSS because if the reef.

Hi Sara,

From what I've been told...
    1) Because of the reefs along the main beach of CSS there isn't anywhere to bring a catamaran near enough to that resort.
    2) CSS is not planning to provide transportation to a location where couples could board/exit a catamaran.
    3) They believe that those who would like to do a catamaran cruise can purchase it as an excursion.
    It's the only Couples Resort that doesn't offer this excursion as part of its all-inclusive package. I'm hopeful that maybe someday this will change. While this doesn't make things better...hopefully this it answers your question.

I read on another thread that when you go on the cat cruise through tower isle, you actually get on a bus and they shuttle you to a local dock. You then board the cat from that dock. Can anyone who has been to tower isle confirm this? If this is the case, then there should be no reason the shuttle can't pickup sans souci people too.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    I read on another thread that when you go on the cat cruise through tower isle, you actually get on a bus and they shuttle you to a local dock. You then board the cat from that dock. Can anyone who has been to tower isle confirm this? If this is the case, then there should be no reason the shuttle can't pickup sans souci people too.
    No that is not correct. Cat picks you up off the beach at CTI

When we were there in July, they boarded at the end of the pier. I understand that at one time when the winds continued to be high, they did a shuttle for the catamaran to load at another destination.

As for shuttle over from CSS, the catamaran is usually booked solid with a wait list just from guests at CTI.

As for being the only resort that doesn't offer a Cat Cruise, it is also the only resort with a mineral pool and all suites. It is also the only resort with a full pool at the AN beach. They are the only resort to shuttle from one location to the other. CSS has a duty free jewelry store, CTI does not. Win some and lose some. You have to decide what is important to you for your vacation.
    Vicky

Thanks to everyone for your responses!

Good call Vicky. I did like the jewelry store at CSS. I bought my wife a surprise set of Caribbean topaz earrings from there. So I am glad CSS had the jewelry store instead of the cat cruise. Sand gravity got the best of us, so we probably would not have done the cruise anyway. We are doing a split stay this April between CN and CSS, so we will get to enjoy that cruise, AND the mineral pool/all suites/full AN pool/duty free jewelry store!! (we never took advantage of the shuttles between locations, so that doesn't make any difference for us)

On a similar note, does anyone know if CN has a jewelry store, or a place to buy cigars like CSS does?
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

CN, the last time we were there they had a small store that sold jewelry (nothing like The Jewel Box at CSS). They sell cigars at CN also...but again not like CSS. That's one of the nice things about Couples Resorts...there are no 2 exactly alike and so each has it's own unique beauty.

You read correct and @Artie may just be referring to his personal experience when there. As I have posted in another thread, our personal experience has been that a shuttle was used to where the cat was docked. In my opinion, they really should allow CSS clientele the same amenities as the CTI clientele in this regard...

Quote Originally Posted by Splash Monkey View Post
    I still do not understand why CSS is excluded from the catamaran. Both times (2 different visits) we were fortunate enough to go to CTI we went on the catamaran cruise and BOTH times we were not picked up at CTI but were shuttled to the dock where the catamaran was. Quite frankly, the dock did not seem to be all that distant from CSS and should be no reason they could not run a shuttle from CSS to the cat dock. We managed to convince 2 other couples to join us at CSS and I'm just hoping they are not too dissappointed about being left out of this particular activity.

We were at CTI in October and the catamaran boarded from the pier as well.

Amy

On one of our previous trios to CSS (8 times returnees), the resort offered a special introductory sunset cruise to returning guests that departed from a resort around the corner facing Sunset Beach. It was a wonderful experience with complimentary drinks, appetizers, great music and wonderful crew - voyage headed east past CTI and further on before heading to Ocho Rios and back while enjoying the sunset.
    I am not aware that it was ever offered again - subjectively I think CSS was trying this on a trial basis and I can only surmise that the price point based on exclusive use was not realistic for the resort to carry. FYI only!

We were there last March at CSS and did a trading day to CTI, on our shuttle was a couple who were going to do the Catamaran, they told us they paid 65.00 a person And they had to supply there own transportation back to CSS, they said they booked at the desk at CSS. Not sure if this helps, but that's what we were told.