Default Couples is the Best

Just thought that everybody would like to know this. We just got back last night from a certain "other" resort that is located in Barbados. All that I have to say upon returning is that Couples rocks!! I won't be going to another one of "those" places anytime soon!!

Be interested in hearing more about this, was the difference due to the island and people or the hotel chain? We are heading to CTI for our first couples trip but have been to the other hotels you refer

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    Just thought that everybody would like to know this. We just got back last night from a certain "other" resort that is located in Barbados. All that I have to say upon returning is that Couples rocks!! I won't be going to another one of "those" places anytime soon!!
    Totally agree - having been to other resorts with our children, our loyalty has been to COUPLES since 1980 and celebrating our 34th honeymoon and wedding anniversary in September!

One love!

My wife and I visited the former Couples Barbados about a month after the other company took over. We had a really good experience. The people, both on and off the resort were very pleasant and helpful.

Since we had booked the resort when it was couples, we received all the inclusions that would normally be available. Honestly, we found it to be very comparable to our previous Couples experiences. Couples had spent a lot of time and money working on the property and it showed.

However, I must admit to feeling a bit uneasy when the camouflaged clad police officer walked through the beach area carrying an M-16. But he was gone after a few minutes.

I too had the same experience at that other resort in Barbados, while we loved the island and the staff, the team leaders that were from the other resorts were breathing down the staffs neck and you could tell the staff was very uncomfortable. I would say the food was average and I could not believe that on the island where one of the best rums in the world is made they had some rum from Guyana.We had a few things that went wrong and were never really addressed after speaking to the front desk and a team leader. I too will not be returning to one of those resorts. Can't wait to come home.

The front line employees such as bartenders and servers were actually wonderful warm people. We just thought there were several issues about the resort that were poorly managed. We also had a couple of issues that we tried to address and found the general manager to be a total jerk. Truthfully there were 3 bartenders that I wish that I could have moved to my usual CN. In response to Lancs Lass, there is just a vibe that at Couples that I did not feel here. The guests did not even seem to make friends with each other like they have on each of my trips to Couples. Just go have fun and hopefully you will leave feeling as most of us on this MB do about Couples when you return.

Couples is best for any event whether it is a marriage,birthday party or any other thing.
    falls creek apartments

You could not give me a stay at that "other" resort on any Island. Especially now that a certain person is affiliated with them. It just makes it that much less appealing.

We love CN but do visit other resorts each year and return to Couples in August each year. The Couples brand just has a welcoming soothing feeling when you arrive. We have found that same feeling in a couple other places but it seems we always return to CN.