Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default T-Shirt Disappointment

My wardrobe seems to consist mostly of T-shits from Couples and one other resort brand. We love and are excited when we are wear the Couples T-shirts. But the last couple years the T-shirts have gotten so thin and small in sizing that they are not very wearable. The branded T-shirts are such a great marketing tool at a very minor cost. So disappointed to see such poor quality T-shirts the last couple years.

Yesterday, going to the gym, has to wear the shirt of the other resort (not our preferred choice but a good quality t-shirt), and while at the gym has someone ask about the resort. Hard to talk about your favorite resort when wearing the T-shirt of another resort...

We do hope that we will see a change to better quality T-shirts.

I posted the same subject months ago (except didn't have the bad typo lol!). I agree with you 100%... But apparently no one at Couples is listening. The only great tees in our house are my new hubby's from years ago before we met.

Totally agree. We have a drawer full of them and we usually only wear them around home. They also shrink very easily. We always get one size larger than our normal. Still, it’s a nice reminder of our past trips to Couples.

Life is good

In my opinion, the quality has gone up. Gone are the "beefy-t", Hanes, WalMart fare shirts, and we're now getting shirts that have been in-style within the last decade or two.

Soft? Check. Thin? Check. V-neck? Check

The only thing I know about the T-shirts is that while I would love to wear mine, they don't have one in my size, even though I get a bigger size then what I normally wear. But, I have found that with most of the clothing I buy in Jamaica. I have learned to try it on, and sadly, most of what I want will not fit. But, you know what, I don't go for the T-shirt and it is all good. I love the Drink Bottles now, and will soon have a collection of them. Is Good Mon!

We like the new shirts but they never seem to have anything bigger than a Large for men. I see LOTS of larger men at all the Couples so why aren't there XL and larger shirts? They sometimes seem to have XXL or XXXL, but hardly ever any XL. I like the V-neck but my husband doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I posted the same subject months ago (except didn't have the bad typo lol!). I agree with you 100%... But apparently no one at Couples is listening. The only great tees in our house are my new hubby's from years ago before we met.
    LOL... love the typo in the first post. Fits the opinion, which I share. I love Couples, but their t-shiRts are not something I desire.

Hopefully at some point the Couples management will realize these t-shirts are walking advertisements for their resorts and if the quality is better and people wear them more than Couples will increase their world wide exposure and add to the number of people who go there. If someone is wearing the t-shirt they are obviously happy with the resort and will talk it up when people comment on the shirt. Perhaps adding some color would help as well. Yellow and green shirts do stand out! Going cheap with the shirts does not impress upon people that Couples does not go cheap with the resort.

I had an idea that Couples should print on the back of the t-shirts how many years we have repeated. This would add cost but would make the t-shirts more desirable.

Life is good

Even the wedding tshiRts are crappy, thin, and shrink/pill after one wash. Very few men I know would wear a v neck tshirt. And I agree... Rarely do they have the right sizes. We did 3 days at CTI in 2011 before our usual CSA and they STILL owe us shirts from that stay.

Very few men I know would wear a v neck tshirt.
    I see them pretty boy model types in the magazines wearing v-neck t-shirts all the time. So yeah, I guess you are right...very few of the men who hang here would wear one.

I'M ONLY KIDDING!!!

Hi guys...
    What can I say? Typing (or spelling) is not one of the competencies that I would list in my skill set.

T-shirts or not, Couples is our resort of choice. While we would certainly love to see a higher quality wearable T-shirt, that certainly does not enter into our decision. We are still able to wear T-shirts from our first few visits in 2009 and 2010 (although they are getting a little worn). And we are looking forward to our return in April to CSS -- our 15th Couples get-away.

Likewise, we love Couples... but their free t-shirts?... not so much! We have some but they quickly got demoted to hubby's work shirts. Sorry. He sometimes buys t-shirts from the gift shop, which are much better quality, and come in colours other than white (which he never buys). However, on our first trip we bought hoodies that stretched out and became unwearable after one wash. Now I am cautious. I like bigger, baggy sports type women's tanks, (correction, I need... if you know what I mean) but all they ever have is tiny little things that look like they'd fit a 12 year old girl. So I skip the clothes now. For the repeaters gifts we opt for other things, like the water bottles, or candles and oils. Much more usable in our opinion.

Perhaps the time has come for Couples to consider other articles of clothing. Couples socks, for example. Unless you are wearing sneakers at Couples, you're probably not wearing socks. However, once you get home, unless you're wearing flip-flops, you're more than likely wearing socks. Knee-high socks with the Couples logo would be perfect for warm weather months. Then there's boxer shorts. Not much advertising value, but it does keep the Couples logo close to the most romantic parts of your body, yes? For the women, Couples bras would be perfect. And for those visitors from cold climates, how about Couples gloves? Now there's the perfect accoutrement for shoveling snow and thinking about your favorite vacation spot!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

As another returning guest gift option how about a $25 gift certificate or something? In the last couple of years since Couples has been offering them we have collected a half dozen water bottles and certainly don't need anymore of them (although I DO like them!), still have the last candle/oil gift we got, and there never seems to be t-shirts in XL for my husband. The sparkling wine is included in your stay. When you do the pre check-in you HAVE to make a choice of gift...you can't NOT choose something (geez, I sound ungrateful and really I'm NOT! lol). How about an option to choose "none of the above"? We're just so happy to be there, and we love the Repeaters' Dinner!
    65 days and counting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Perhaps the time has come for Couples to consider other articles of clothing. Couples socks, for example. Unless you are wearing sneakers at Couples, you're probably not wearing socks. However, once you get home, unless you're wearing flip-flops, you're more than likely wearing socks. Knee-high socks with the Couples logo would be perfect for warm weather months. Then there's boxer shorts. Not much advertising value, but it does keep the Couples logo close to the most romantic parts of your body, yes? For the women, Couples bras would be perfect. And for those visitors from cold climates, how about Couples gloves? Now there's the perfect accoutrement for shoveling snow and thinking about your favorite vacation spot!
    Gosh! I think bras would be a bit of a nightmare…..think of all the difference sizes they would need to have!! Gloves would be good and socks but I think anything that comes in lots of sizes would be too difficult to administer!

If the shirts can't or won't be upgraded how about hats? Many people visiting the resort do not bring any with them and once there wish they had brought one to help with the sun. Something light colored and light weight with a brim. Back home they would also be a good advertising tool if Couples does not go too cheap like they did with the shirts. I also think Couples could look into some sort of returning guests jewelry pendant with the crossed palm tree logo. If they can do this I am sure my favorite resort destination Couples can as well. Keep 'em happy and keep 'em coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by jannette View Post
    Gosh! I think bras would be a bit of a nightmare…..think of all the difference sizes they would need to have!! Gloves would be good and socks but I think anything that comes in lots of sizes would be too difficult to administer!
    I'm sensing Fawnridge may not have been too terribly serious here...just a wild guess lol!

oh boy, i can see where this is going.

didn't you all see Randymon's response to this last time? I am getting the impression couples will have no problem eliminating perks and raising rates, so maybe if we all are good little kiddos we can keep our presents

I love couples, I respect that they are indeed a business and are there to make $, but I am also feeling a bit of a gradual shift away from the amazing package that they are. i'm not sure how to phrase that, and by no means am i mad or not a fan. i just see some changes.perhaps that is a result of it's well-deserved popularity. maybe because the economy is supposedly recovering? whatever the reason, my guess is the t-shits will simply disappear if it is brought up too much.

I'm sensing Fawnridge may not have been too terribly serious here...just a wild guess lol!
    LOL! I had visions of rows and rows of bras hanging up and the poor staff frantically hunting for 38DD or 4OE!

Going to go ahead and apologize in advance if this offends anyone... I have to admit that I am really over seeing these topics on the message boards... Most of you are all very respectful in saying that you do not need/require these "perks" (my stance) but others have this inflated sense of entitlement that for the life of me I cannot understand... In all of our trips to CSA it seems we have met wonderful people that understand and embrace the resort for what it is, not what it could/should be according to their opinions and expectations. However we have also always encountered one or two couples that embody the opposite, never happy no matter what the circumstance... Their drink is not made with $100/bottle vodka, their room is too humid (HELLO, TROPICS???), they couldn't get dinner reservations for the restaurant they wanted for a group of 10 the day of, the vendors are annoying, mini-bar isn't filled when they walk in the room, their shirts are too small or too thin, unfortunately I could rattle these off all day...

Maybe it is just us, but if I was travelling with someone that acted that way (spouse included!) I would be humiliated and go out of my way to apologize to the lovely staff whose only desire is to make your stay the best it can be!! I will be the first to admit that these vacations we all cherish so dearly are not cheap and you want to get equal value for your investment, but if any of these occurrences are deal breakers for you, please go to the "S" resort or pay 3 times the cost of a Couples trip to be waited on hand and foot. If something is not right, be respectful and calm, let a staff member know and I am sure it will be corrected or fixed as soon as they can.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant but I struggle to see many of the complaints on this board as valid. I stayed at a brand name hotel in the US for business a few weeks ago and had a small issue arise. I shrugged my shoulders and asked myself if it was worth getting myself all riled up over, or should I just go down to the bar for a drink... I am sure you can tell which I chose...

Look no place is ever perfect, is Couples as close to it as I have experienced? YES!!! That is why we will be back year after year... Next time you are upset over the quality of a free t-shirt (or something else trivial) stop at the beach bar, grab something cold, finish it, and ask then yourself is it worth it...

Just my 2 cents.

One love!!!

Gift horses...mouths...something something...

Surfhary20 hit the nail right on the head for me. We saw what the t-shirts looked like and didn't bother to get them. It didn't make any difference to me. I only have 40+ t-shirts in my closet now, one more won't make me or break me. If Couples got rid of the t-shirts we're still coming back, and we promise not to whine about it. If they sold nice ones in the gift shop I'd buy one for sure.

S/F
    Scott

Well said surfhary20!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

Wish I could hit a like button Surfhary20.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast