Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015

Default Feb 2015

This may be way too early but with the amazing promo that ends tomorrow we booked for Feb 21-28 2015!!!!! See you there,
    Brian and Starr
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We're going to miss you! We just reserved Feb 7 - 14 at the last minute, too. Looking forward to getting out of Wisconsin next year - this winter sucks!!! (We are Appleton - trying to remember where you are - GB?) Anyway - it will be our 25th anniversary on the 10th and really looking forward to going back to Sans Souci!

Megan

Oh no too bad we will miss you! Have a great anniversary!!!! Yes we are in Green Bay and this winter sucks!!!! More snow expected for tonight into tomorrow ugh! Hopefully it is not too bad seeing as i will have to drive to Appleton in the am. Stay Warm!

We are going to book 2/14-2/21/15 when airfare opens up in about 3 weeks. First time at an all-inclusive so we are excited! We are big cruisers but want to try something different and we visited Jamaica on a cruise and loved it. Any advice for CSS? We want to be in a quiet room, so not A and B blocks? Spring will be here soon, so take heart everyone! --Amy and Nick

Welcome Amy and Nick! The quiet rooms would be up in the cliffs - so they would be Penthouse Suites or One Bedroom Ocean Suites, I believe? My favorite part of this particular resort is all the little nooks and crannies. Just go explore! You may find a hammock, or a hot tub, or who knows what! And make sure to get a massage - the spa here is AWESOME!!!

Megan and Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by meganfritz View Post
    Welcome Amy and Nick! The quiet rooms would be up in the cliffs - so they would be Penthouse Suites or One Bedroom Ocean Suites, I believe? My favorite part of this particular resort is all the little nooks and crannies. Just go explore! You may find a hammock, or a hot tub, or who knows what! And make sure to get a massage - the spa here is AWESOME!!!

Megan and Fritz
    Thanks for the tips! Also, how's the food--I know this is subjective but I'd like to hear your opinion...and is there a snorkeling trip? Some places say just the glass bottom boat, others say they'll take you snorkeling. Finally, has anyone been to the Irie Blue Hole and if so did you take a taxi or a tour? Here's to Spring! --Amy

Spring....that sounds almost like a myth after this kind of winter...we have in both f and d block south of which were very quiet with the balcony doors closed in f if you left the door open you could hear some music from the nightly entertainment from the sitting area but not from the bedroom. You'll love it! Lots to explore and yes they do have snorkeling. Have fun sorry we will most likely miss you seeing as you plan on leaving the day we arrive

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! We haven't been to Blue Hole yet. Planning to go this time around. The people that we met that went said that it was awesome! Not sure the logistics of how they arranged it or anything, though. Sorry that I'm no help on that one.
    I think the food is pretty good - especially for all-inclusive. There is usually a good variety available (vegetarian, steak and potato, Jamaican,etc.), and be sure to try the soups. My husband laughs at me because I have pages in my scrapbook of food pictures.

7-14 Megan & Phil
    14-21 Amy & Nick
    21-28 Brian & Starr

Quote Originally Posted by meganfritz View Post
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! We haven't been to Blue Hole yet. Planning to go this time around. The people that we met that went said that it was awesome! Not sure the logistics of how they arranged it or anything, though. Sorry that I'm no help on that one.
    I think the food is pretty good - especially for all-inclusive. There is usually a good variety available (vegetarian, steak and potato, Jamaican,etc.), and be sure to try the soups. My husband laughs at me because I have pages in my scrapbook of food pictures.

7-14 Megan & Phil
    14-21 Amy & Nick
    21-28 Brian & Starr
    We went to the Irie Blue Hole (Irie I think to distinguish from one in Negril) when we were on a cruise last year and it was totally amazing. We went on a daylong tour with Courtney Taylor that was also great. This time, though, I want to go independently so we can spend as much time at the Blue Hole as we would like: above the beautiful waterfall with its accompanying giant pool are the most gorgeous cascades that were so fun to play around in! The guides were great too: very helpful and friendly and I felt didn't push enough for the tips from our group that they so justly deserved. I can't wait to try Dunn's River, and we're both snorkeling fools so we want to do that of course: or are we going to be total mush and bliss out in a hammock or beach chair all day long? Probably a little bit of both lol!

Default Booking Now

We are just waiting for our agent to get back to us but we are booking from Feb 20-27.
    We just left end of Feb and it feels like forever ago.
    Looking forward to meeting up!
    Liz and Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tannedallover View Post
    We are just waiting for our agent to get back to us but we are booking from Feb 20-27.
    Liz and Tim
    After having looked at a million images online and read many posts, I think we're going to go with the one bedroom ocean suite. Don't mind hiking a bit up the stairs--might burn off a few of the delicious calories I know I'll be consuming. Also we won't mind a view of greenery after months of bare trees here in New England, although a sliver of ocean would be nice. Our main requirement: quiet! Any thoughts on accommodations?

The one bedroom ocean suites are amazing! The stairs aren't bad at all as long as your able...I love all the food and the glass bottom boat is the boat used to bring you out to snorkel. Can't wait! Only 11 1/2 more month to go lol

Quote Originally Posted by StarrandBrianinWI View Post
    The one bedroom ocean suites are amazing! The stairs aren't bad at all as long as your able...I love all the food and the glass bottom boat is the boat used to bring you out to snorkel. Can't wait! Only 11 1/2 more month to go lol
    Right now I'm having sciatica problems and my legs are bothering me, but I fully expect that problem to go away. However, if we got closer to, how easy is it to switch rooms, if I needed to be closer to the main action and not have to take too many stairs? Thanks so much for your response in advance!

As long as they have it available they would definitely move your room. If you call down they will come pick you up and drive you wherever you would like to go if you have a hard time with the stairs. They are very helpful.

We are going to be there for our 3rd time from June 27-July 5! Can't wait! Love that place!
    Lowell and Kimi

Liz and Tim
    Hey Tim and Liz,
    We just booked but it looks like we'll just miss you. We'll be there Feb. 9 - 16 as we want to attend Rob and Nicole's Valentine's show. Any chance you haven't booked yet?

We just returned from CSS on May 5th and have already booked for next Feb. 9 - 16. The main reason is to attend our friends lingerie Valentine's party which will probably be held either Feb. 12 or 13. We're hoping a big gang of past friends will be there at the same time. The countdown has begun.

Kev and Renee,
    Haven't booked yet but we were booking close to the 27th because it's both our B-Days...however we will see what transpires over the next few months! Hope to see you guys!
    Cheers
    Liz and Tim

Hello Brian and Starr! Mark and I will be there! Can't wait and counting down the days!!!!

Can't wait!only 255 more days! Lol

Kev and Renee,
    Haven't booked yet but we were booking close to the 27th because it's both our B-Days...however we will see what transpires over the next few months! Hope to see you guys!
    Cheers
    Liz and Tim
    Well we can always celebrate your b-days earlier and then you also get to do the same back home. Or just do like me. "It's my birthday year!"
    Already looking like we'll have a good size gang. Less than 8 months!!
    Cheers.

Hi everyone: We will be at CSS from 2/13 - 2/21. Second time back to Couples San Souci. We usually go to Jamaica in September (in fact, we're going to CN this coming September) but want to go to CSS in February to celebrate my birthday! We are Danielle & Greg.

AmyP - it looks like our trip will overlap with yours. The last time we were at CSS we were in Building Block B, on the third floor, and it was beautiful and usually pretty quiet. I definitely like those rooms and the benefit is you are close to the 95% of the action. This time we are trying a One Bedroom Ocean View Suite. We hear the view from those rooms are even better.

I've never been to the Blue Hole before, but would love to hear more info.

We are booked to return home Feb 24- March 4 at CSS, 1 BR Oceanview!
    John & Kristi, Ithaca, NY
    Name:  05994591.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  182.8 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CSS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CN 2012
    CTI 2013

Using the format from other posts:

Names: Barry and Jackie
    Ages: Young at heart
    How many times to CSS: 4 1 to CN
    Trip dates: Feb 20 to March 1
    Room type: One Bedroom Beachfront Suite
    Reason for trip: Annual trip to get out of the snow and cold and get some sun.
    Where you from: Ontario, Canada
    What you're looking forward to most: Sun, breakfasts, familiar faces
    Will you go A/N during trip: Always do
    Drink you're looking forward to: Champagne at breakfast, Caesars at 10, wine with lunch, etc.
    Kids: 3 boys - all grown
    Level of excitement (1 - 10): 5, it's still too early to get excited

Add your info to this thread!

Thanks Barry and Jackie (CSS fan) for the format suggestion. I like it!

Here's our info:

Names: Danielle and Greg
    Ages: 49 and 50
    How many times to CSS: once before (twice to CTI and twice to CN)
    Trip dates: Feb 14 to Feb 21
    Room type: One Bedroom Oceanfront Suite
    Reason for trip: Celebrate Danielle's birthday (the big 5-0)
    Where are you from: Now living in Texas, but we are originally from California
    What you're looking forward to most: Spending time together (we live in different cities and only see each other a couple of times a month), sleeping in, and au naturel sunbathing (the last time we were at CSS they had closed SSB for renovation, so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the au naturel experience).
    Will you go A/N during trip: Absolutely!
    Drink you're looking forward to: For Danielle it's a dirty banana, for Greg a dirty martini - I guess we just like dirty things
    Kids: Happily child-free
    Level of excitement (1 - 10): 5 - it is a little early to get excited, plus we've got a trip to CN planned for September so we're more excited about that trip right now. However, as we get closer to February 2015 our excitement will certainly start amping up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast