Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2015 Pricing released.......Pricing has gone WAY UP!!

I have anxiously been awaiting the release of pricing for fall of 2015. Wow, am I shocked at the pricing.

We last went to CSA October 2013 and paid around $2,100 for the week. The same week in 2015 will cost us $2,758. Needless to say, I am in shock. I assumed the price would go up a little, but that is extreme.

Hoping we can figure out a way to make this work into our plans. I so look forward to my every other year trips to CSA.

Laurie

I agree...we may have to go back to CSS instead of CSA! I see a $600 increase as well for July 2015!

Holy Cow! Our 9-day stay - April 19-28, 2014 - is $3150.
    The same 9 days in April 2015 - $5679!!! That's a 45% increase!
    I really hope there's something wrong with the couples.com website and this rate is significantly lower.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Where are the 2015 prices posted?
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

I was also shocked at the pricing. Glad I booked in March 2013 for December 2014 because otherwise I wouldn't be making a trip in 2014 at all and I guess I'll have to reconsider a trip to CSA for 2015 unless pricing drops or some other kind of promotion pops up. We're talking about $800 and I can't justify that kind of increase. I love CSA but that's just stretching it too far for me.

Sticker shock.

Laurie,

I am right there with ya We just went this past May (2013) for our weddingmoon and stayed in the beachfront suites, which cost us $2790 for 6-nights. We've been planning our return trip for 2015 and were also anxiously awaiting. To our shock and dismay, a trip in the same time frame for 5-nights would cost us $2885...that's an additional $95 for one less day. Ummm, not gonna cut the mustard...even with loveaway. We are crushed. Even changing rooms types isn't offering much of a savings. When I priced the same trip on the 2014 rate, our beachfront room for 5-nights was going to cost $2,390 ($495 less than it will with the new rates). Our solution, is to hope our tax refund will help compensate the additional cost and then we can downgrade to a different room as well (that's plan A and B...B being the diff room type lol). Plan C, we are now looking into CTI, which would lower our cost to $2315 for our room selection (premier ocean). One way or another we are going next year gosh darnit!!!! We are also toying with different dates (like Oct, since they offer some of the best rates). We can go to CTI in Oct for a mere $1885...WOWZER!!!! Needless to say, I am kicking myself right now, which is very dangerous and a good way to break a hip or something...I suggest not trying that. I had considered calling the 800 # to book our 2015 stay to lock it in at the then current rate. (I learned you could do that via this wonderful message board...I thought you had to wait until they were posted.) Hind-sight is always 20/20...grrrr. Regardless, we will find a way there...it may not be CSA, our home away from home that we've been dreaming of since we left; but it will be Jamaica and it will be Couples and it will be 2015! Good luck to you guys...I certainly hope you can work magic with your budget and make it happen...check out CTI rates and compare travel dates. Despite our shock today, I (we) still love Couples and think they are the BEST in the world!!!!!

Yes I agree - the 2015 quote for us is $700 more than our early booking 2014 quote and $500 more than the pricing for a similar we just yesterday. Hoping there is a typo. We have continued to come to Couples because for the price we could not justify going anywhere else. If the prices are this high it definitely makes other resorts and other islands more competitive and we will definitely consider other options carefully. We may go ahead and put a deposit down knowing we can get a refund and just be on the look out for a better deal else where.

Amy

Yikes! After reading your post I priced out December 2015 for our usual early December trip. Unless I"m reading it wrong or really bad at math … prices went up $1,296.00 for a week in same room category, same week! And thats booking now ,a year and a half in advance. Paying $3100 for premier beachfront this year, $4396 in 2015.
    I'm depressed.

Must agree as 21x CSA veterans. we always go the week after Easter for the best rates. A $2100 increase over what we paid for 2014. And 2014 was increase over 2013 by $400. Add to that the 10% difference in dollar exchange and it's bye bye Couples for 2015, unless there is a mistake like there was initially last year.
    Please irie i check into this. I'm afeared you may lose us as a customer.
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

OK.. I feel better. I just priced an Atrium Suite for December 2015 and I don't think its that much more than we paid last year. Glad we booked the Premium Beachfront when we did. Must have gotten a real good deal at the time. Its going to be a one time thing for us. But that's ok..love the Atriums!

We have gone to CSS 3 times in the past 2 years with 2 more already booked for May & Dec 2014. You are correct. For May 2015 on the same dates and room the cost is $1300 higher with no resort credit making the trip $1600 over all. Come on SALES. We are ready to book our May 2015 trip.

Probably gonna be our last trip if the price is gonna go up that much each year.

Biggest difference i see is that they are not offering 7th night free. So right off the bat you have to add that in. I did that and really it would cost the same for a trip next oct . So in general they just aren't giving away a free night.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

We stayed at CSS 9 nights in March, 2013, and paid $3231 ($359/night). That was from a Wednesday special we had booked in August 2012. This was a better deal than the original booking we did in January 2012.

The same room booked 7 nights in off season April 2014 is $2292 ($382/night, with one night free, and $300 credit) This was not a Wednesday deal, just a normal booking. Couples has not had any "better deals" since we first booked this trip late March 2013.

Rates for April 2015 are now the same as March. They do not follow the normal Easter weekend drop. Off season rates do not start until May 1 2015. 7 nights in March/April is $3402 ($486/night). May is $3199 ($457/night).

Even the 2016 rates are the same as the 2015 rates. No extra special deal for booking 2 years in advance.

Unless Couples comes out with some really good Wednesday deals, I am afraid my dream of returning to Couples every year with my wife will come to an end.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

I just checked mine for 8 days in Aug it is actually a little bit cheaper. My upcoming Aug trip is a little over $2800 for the same time frame in 2015 it is just over $3000. Now before you start asking, the reason I say cheaper is when I booked my 2014 trip I got the 7th night free so if you added another day to my price it would be more. Also the resort credit is the same so no change there to make a difference.

Really hoping these rates are a mistake. We paid $ 3930 for a 10 day stay at CSA atrium in July 2014, 2015 is going to cost $4770 that's an $840 increase. Its got to be a mistake; please be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    OK.. I feel better. I just priced an Atrium Suite for December 2015 and I don't think its that much more than we paid last year. Glad we booked the Premium Beachfront when we did. Must have gotten a real good deal at the time. Its going to be a one time thing for us. But that's ok..love the Atriums!
    Just remembered we went for 8 nights, not 7 last year..so yeah…prices have gone way up. back to being depressed

We are going in September 2014 and staying in the GH for 7 nights and the price was $2,454. I priced the same dates for 2015 and the price is $2,856 with a $300 resort credit. So with the credit factored in there is not much of a change.

This is the same thing that happened last year with regard to April. The rate change weekend has traditionally been Easter Sunday. Well, Easter is April 5, 2015. It appears as though the rates for April don't go down until the last Sunday in April. Someone needs to fix this, please. I don't know that my wallet can stand a 45% rate increase in one year.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Looking at the Jan 2015 prices, I would pay about $400 less for 10 days than I did for last month.

They always run specials throughout the year. I'd wait for a special, honestly. You can always find a better price that way.

Holy moly. We've got sticker shock, too.
    10 days in the penthouse at CSS for Dec. 2015 is $1020 more than we are paying for the same dates in Dec. 2014. $102 increase per night.
    If we would have chosen 10 days in the deluxe beachfront at CN for the same days in Dec. for 2015 it's $420 higher than the Dec. 2014 prices. $42 increase per night.
    Wish we would have locked in the 2015 price at the 2014 rates ahead of time. Didn't think it could increase so drastically and really thought there would be a super deal so people would commit so far in advance. Since we go in December thats 22 months in advance. I know it's less expensive, but CTI doesn't really appeal to us after the remodel. And yes, I realize we could chose a lower room catagory or go for less days but being from Kansas and taking one vacation a year, we like to at least have an ocean view.
    Decisions, decisions.............
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Ivonna,
    Is this real? or someone made a huge mistake
    For us this year April 24- May 3 (9 nights, hotel only) CSA Garden Veranda Suite $2,825 ,purchased year ago.
    Now, for 2015 same dates, same room category at CSA $4820.0 US,
    Wow!
    In addition, we all know that air fare is also going up

Quote Originally Posted by redy4vac View Post
    Holy moly. We've got sticker shock, too.
    10 days in the penthouse at CSS for Dec. 2015 is $1020 more than we are paying for the same dates in Dec. 2014. $102 increase per night.
    If we would have chosen 10 days in the deluxe beachfront at CN for the same days in Dec. for 2015 it's $420 higher than the Dec. 2014 prices. $42 increase per night.
    Wish we would have locked in the 2015 price at the 2014 rates ahead of time. Didn't think it could increase so drastically and really thought there would be a super deal so people would commit so far in advance. Since we go in December thats 22 months in advance. I know it's less expensive, but CTI doesn't really appeal to us after the remodel. And yes, I realize we could chose a lower room catagory or go for less days but being from Kansas and taking one vacation a year, we like to at least have an ocean view.
    Decisions, decisions.............
    We are also from Kansas (Lenexa--JoCo area) and also do not want to give up an ocean view. We were considering CTI, but we are in the same boat as you in that it really doesn't appeal to us. The price tag does, but the resort itself...and beach...does not...at all. We certainly cannot afford the $495 increase that we are seeing for a May 2015 trip (based on the 2014 rate comparison). Especially since airfare has also increased significantly--and that's just for 2014 for what dates are available (since they only go like 11 mo's out). Airfare is roughly $300-$500 higher than it was for our 2013 trip. So in total, we'd be looking at roughly an additional $1,000+ for the exact trip we took in 2013. Our 2013 trip was 6-nights, and our 2015 trip was only going to be 5. So 1 less day for an extra grand. No way can we justify that! Sadly, this was likely our last trip as a couple (of this magnitude) for a long time. We have a 2-year old, so from here on out it'll be family vaca's, unless we get lucky financially lol. We are not giving up hope. We will get there in 2015....one way or another....and without giving up our beloved ocean view (cuz we just don't get that in Kansas lol). Good luck to you guys....I hope it works out for you!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast