Thread: swim suits

Default swim suits

Wondering how many swim suits people bring. I was thinking 3 or 4 for a week. Thanks

Hehe 12? I change them about twice a day.

I ::ahem:: bring 7. One per day. Some days, I wear two. They don't take up that much space.

My wife brings 3 for a week. I bring 2.
    Irie Mon

I bring about 3 or 4, so that way you never have to put on a damp suit.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I'm a bad one to ask. I own about 75 bathing suits and have to narrow it down to a couple dozen on vacations. Hubby brings 3-4 but also wears them as shorts.

Three or four is plenty. Those who bring more are fortunate enough to own a bit of a collection of suits, perhaps it's a bit of a hobby. The issue with having only one is that in the tropical humidity they don't dry out and you end up putting on a wet suit the next day. If you can have at least two you avoid that discomfort. It is true that they don't take up much space in the luggage so if you already own several then bring them along but don't feel that you have to go shopping just to fit in. Same rule applies for the men, my husband actually owns more than I do because I can find them cheaper for him and tend to stock up for him more than myself, though I still only bring three or four for him rather than the whole collection. No one is, or should be, looking at you and what you are wearing every day so bring at least two so you aren't putting on a wet suit every day and relax and enjoy the trip rather than stressing and breaking the bank shopping for swim suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfun View Post
    I'm a bad one to ask. I own about 75 bathing suits and have to narrow it down to a couple dozen on vacations. Hubby brings 3-4 but also wears them as shorts.
    wow d if you took advantage to the An beach you could save enough $$ on bathing suits to pay for a trip

That depends. We spend our time on SSB, and so don't need that many. I usually bring 2-3 so I have something to slip on under my coverup, or if we go to Dunns. Hubby also sometimes wears them as shorts, so I also bring 2-3 for him.
    Linda

I usually bring about 10 for a weeks stay. Bring as many as you feel comfortable with - I always feel better if I have a lot of choices, if that's not important to you then just bring 2 or 3. DH brings about 4 - 5.

I bring 4 to 6 for myself, mrs dirtleg takes a dozen or so for a week. She will sometimes change after lunch. She has travel suits and home suits. The travel suits are a bit more revealing and she does not feel comfortable wearing them at our home pool club. Neighbors and such don't ya know. But in Jamaica, wahoo!

See ya at the beach in June!

I usually bring about 10 for a week's stay, but it's only because I have a ton of suits, and I like changing them mid-day after lunch. I usually shop the end of season clearances, and rarely ever spend more than $15 on a suit, and I like to buy one new suit each year before vacation as a "treat" to myself It adds to the excitement of getting ready!

That said, I could probably make due with 3-4 suits easily if I needed to. Because of the humidity, they take a while to dry out, but I think if one were to take 3-4, they could be sure to always have a dry one available when needed.

Christie
    Jamie & Christie from TX

I usually take 5-7 for a week in the Caribbean. Don't forget the coverups! I did that once and ended up wearing hubby's Tshirt when I needed a little coverage from the sun. Not a hot look.
    It is sleeting outside right now- that cold, fall rain that makes your nose cold. I am sitting in front of the fire, drinking pumpkin coffee- checking the MB.... again.
    I wish I had my butt in the sand, wearing one of those swimsuits (or not )- drinking a drinky drink instead of October in Wisconsin.

Im bringing two pairs of swimming trunks.
    影舞葉

I brought 3 sets of trunks and only wore 2.

I bring 3 or 4 hubby brings the same but we only use them to get back and forth to SSB.....

I'm going to be taking 14 when I go in May for our Honeymoon! I just bought 7 new suits during the victoria's secret sale So excited!!!

whats best is to buy pieces that you can mix and match. Buy tops and bottoms in solid colors and you can switch the pieces so it never feels like you are wearing the same swimsuit

Quote Originally Posted by KellyNEddie View Post
    whats best is to buy pieces that you can mix and match. Buy tops and bottoms in solid colors and you can switch the pieces so it never feels like you are wearing the same swimsuit
    I did that I have a brown bikini bottom and 3 or 4 tops to go with it. Everyone has them on clearance right now. The hard part is finding tops and bottoms that match in the size you need. Kohls has been really good about returns with this. We have 3 kohls that are close. I have found tops at one and bottoms at the others and then sometimes no match, but no problem, they take it back.
    Vicky