Default Looking for Couples that went to Couples Resorts in October

My fiance and I are getting married October 17, 2015, and we really want to go to Jamaica! From what I've read, it seems as though October is during the rainy season. So has anyone had any good/ bad experiences with weather at any of the Couples locations?! Please let me know which location you stayed at so that can help us figure out if Jamaica will have decent weather for our honeymoon. I don't care about a couple rain showers here and there; I just don't want it to rain every single day! Obviously, I understand the weather isn't always predictable, I'm simply just looking to hear about some of your experiences. I'm hoping only certain parts of the island experience rainy weather during October....

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Sobocinn,

We have been traveling in October to Couples Swept Away and Negril for 8 years. Our anniverary is Oct. 16th , so that is when we prefer to travel.
    It really is the luck of the draw. There is no way to predict. But we have had pretty good luck. We have never had a washout vacation. A few years we had some overcast days with rain showers in the afternoons. Ocassionally, we would get a full rainy day. Some years were mostly sunny. A few years we had tropical storms off shore and then Sandy, but honestly, we didn't get much rain. Just some rough seas, which closes down water sports for a few days. Last year, the gods smiled on us and we had 9 days of sunshine out of 10. and the 10th was a one hour rain storm and rain during the night. The weather varies throughout Jamaica. It can be sunny in Negril and raining in Montego Bay or Ochi, and vice versa. Whichever resort you choose, you will have a wonderful honeymoon. I wouldn't let a little rain stop you from booking a wonderful Couples vacation. The resorts are so much more than just weather ! Best wishes.

You will have a wonderful vacation no matter what, but you do need to fully understand you're going to the tropics during hurricane season! No way to predict what the weather will be I. 2915. I can tell you the same things as on all the other posts on the subject, including the one above, who seems to go the same time as we do.

Negril gets/got hit less severely by Hurricane Sandy than the Ocho Rios side did, but it was still no party as the resort preps for the storm which means all beach furniture off the beach a few days i. Advance and all pool furniture IN the pool. And same storm offshore in 2011.

We have moved our October trips to early December to completely avoid hurricane season. It's the tropics. It rains. But sat stated above, you'll still have a wonderful time!

Sobocinn, We go to CTI every year, mid to the end of October. For the past eight years the weather has been wonderful except for hurricane Sandy two years ago. Our group has had weddings or vow renewals for the past three years. The wedding during Sandy has be the most fun. See you in Jamaica.
    Ed & Lynn and all the "kids"

We got married at CSS in Oct 2009 and was back again in Oct 2011. Had a couple of showers nor days totaly rained out. We will be back again this Oct. Have no worries ,rain is just a little liquid love and when it does rain no need to get out of the pool you are already wet!!!
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Thanks for your replies! I appreciate it.

We went to CTI last year at the beginning of October. Much to my surprize the weather was beautiful. I thought we would have much more rain as has been our experience in Ochi Rios.

We were on the Ocho side in early November once and just this past October. Our November trip had more overcast days than rainy. Our recent October trip was gorgeous. There was only one rainstorm and it was at night. Otherwise the weather was literally perfect.
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

10yrs straight, each early to mid October and no weather qualms to report, though we missed a tropical storm by hours, once.

October is THE Rainiest month of the whole year. You can look it up. We spent two different times at CN in October and we had total heavy rainy days most of the week. But I know others were much luckier than us. We still managed to have great times but we now go back early summer.

Eight years at the end of October...only 1 year with a problem....Hurricane Sandy.....resort handled it very well and it was kind of interesting to watch.....otherwise the weather has been great
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We have gone in October and experienced the Anniversary Celebration at Swept Away...everything was perfect! We also renewed our vows on the beach for our 10th. Anniversary. The weather was beautiful, as well as the sunsets! No problems Mon!

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!