Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: CN AN Question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default CN AN Question

    We will be newbies to an AN beach. I know CN's AN beach is not CO, but is it ok to put a cover up on to walk to the bar or my bikini to go in the water? Or, is it no clothing at all times? I feel comfortable lying down, not so sure walking around? LOL!

  2. #2

    Default

    To go into the water most people just cover up with a float as they walk in. I have not seen people cover up to go get drinks but have heard of it being done. Really the AN section is no clothing once you arrive. I know the Mrs. sent me for drinks the first day but after that she was walking around, talking, etc. I still had to get the drinks but I think that is just part of my job. Just stay with the "spirit" of the beach and it all should be OK.

    Enjoy your trip.

    Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Well, thanks for the reply!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Barb
    My understanding is AN when on the AN beach
    no coverups, no putting clothes or swim suits on

    I know many people feel that it makes it easier to just have a hard and fast rule--no clothes and no exception

    As others will and have said, you forget about it pretty quickly and it is easy to be comfortable in your own skin

    hope this helps

    John

  5. #5

    Default

    By day 2, heck maybe even hour 2 you won't even bother thinking about putting it on. Yes, while reading this you might think "not me" but after you're there you'll understand. Everybody has the same initial fears and everyone loses them. It's inexplicable, it's just the magic of being there.
    Francine & Jay

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    148

    Default Nope, no clothes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    We will be newbies to an AN beach. I know CN's AN beach is not CO, but is it ok to put a cover up on to walk to the bar or my bikini to go in the water? Or, is it no clothing at all times? I feel comfortable lying down, not so sure walking around? LOL!
    Our best understanding of the 'rules' is no, you cannot be clothed to go to the bar, enter/leave the water, or simply be in the AN area. Wear clothes to the AN area, put your gear down, take your clothes off, and enjoy. Would recommend you oil up in your room, if you're shy about applying sun block in front of others....This will be our third trip and one thing I like about the rules is, it keeps things consistent for all. Same for only one of a couple being in the AN area; others will ask a single person, if they're there too long, to leave; or ask security/management to ask them to leave. It's about couples and, in the AN area, unclothed couples. You'll get used to it after a few minutes, and I would recommend you get your first shot of sun (30+ minutes), then stroll to the water to cool off. After that you'll be fine. No one cares what you look like. Most just want all to play by the rules. 63 days and a wake up back to CN.
    Irie,
    TonyS

  7. #7

    Default

    My husband calls me the nudist police, because I get annoyed when I see people on the AN side putting on their bathing suit to go in the water and/or go up to the bar. It is not clothing optional it is au naturel. As I've said it in the past, try it you'll like it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    The nude beach section is all nude, however there is nothing wrong IMO in donning your swimsuit to go into the ocean. The ocean and the section of beach you cross to get into the water is not an all nude area. This would be the same as if you left the nude section to partake in any other activity such as going to lunch or for a walk. Do what makes you comfortable. The bar is within the nude section so, the rule is nude. After your swim you would simply shed your swimsuite again, upon returning to the all nude section. Don't over think it. Common sense along with your comfort level. As others have said you will relax and maybe find you can go into the water nude after some time. Perhaps even wonder over to the bar nude.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I'm with you on this one misskathyi2009, what's more puzzling is... why would you want to wear anything in the water? The best thing about being au naturel, is swimming.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misskathyi2009 View Post
    My husband calls me the nudist police, because I get annoyed when I see people on the AN side putting on their bathing suit to go in the water and/or go up to the bar. It is not clothing optional it is au naturel. As I've said it in the past, try it you'll like it.
    And this bothers you why?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

  11. #11

    Default

    I really like the rules and they should be enforced. In the end I think it makes new comers more comfortable...the best way to be inconspicuous, if you feel the need, is just to get naked and relax.

    I understand why people are apprehensive about their first time, I know we were, but within 2 minutes you'll wonder what all the fuss was about...and you'll meet the nicest people.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmy View Post
    The nude beach section is all nude, however there is nothing wrong IMO in donning your swimsuit to go into the ocean. The ocean and the section of beach you cross to get into the water is not an all nude area. This would be the same as if you left the nude section to partake in any other activity such as going to lunch or for a walk. Do what makes you comfortable. The bar is within the nude section so, the rule is nude. After your swim you would simply shed your swimsuite again, upon returning to the all nude section. Don't over think it. Common sense along with your comfort level. As others have said you will relax and maybe find you can go into the water nude after some time. Perhaps even wonder over to the bar nude.
    It's not about being wrong or right, or opinions. It's about consistency and the rules. Simple.
    60 days and a wake-up back to CN! Irie!
    TonyS

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    37

    Default

    If you are worried about being bottomless in the water simply walk over to the textile side of the rope. Topless only is fine there and all along the textile beach. No worries! You will see others topless there as well who never go to the AN side. That said, my wife got used to the nudity really quickly and I got a big kick out of seeing her splashing naked on the nude side of the rope, totally oblivious of all the textiles just a ropes width away while I was sitting in a lounger laughing. She didn't even think of it. You will be amazed at how fast it becomes a non issue!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    96

    Default

    First...putting on a bikini to go out to the ocean and taking it back off when you get back is acceptable as that is technically no longer part of the AN beach plus you have to walk past people walking down the beach or in front of other people on the CN regular beach, i think though that after a while you'll end up just doing the floaty wrap thing or making a quick b-line for the water without the bikini (too much wasted time).

    As far as going to the bar or bathroom, etc. it should not be an issue to throw on a wrap/towel while doing only that IF you are AN the rest of the time. People will see that you are not "skirting" this issue if you are staying nude most of the time. We've done the an's at CN/CSS/CTI and its never been an issue. As a matter of fact we were at CSS Sunset beach for the day visit and just hanging by ourselves by the beach and friendly english chap came by to invite us to the bar to hang out with his group and told my wife to put on a towel if she was uncomfortable (not the case but still a nice thought).

    Bottom line if you are respecting the intent of the rule, i.e. being nude on the AN beach, then it should not be a problem.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    121

    Default

    My wife and I go to the A/N beach because we prefer it to any textile one and our sole aim is FOR US to get an all over tan whilst enjoying our vacation so personally I could not care what anyone else does as its OUR vacation so if SOMEONE ELSE feels more comfortable putting on on a bikini to go in the water, or prefers for what ever reason to wrap something around then whilst eating lunch or going to the bar and restroom or keeps a T Shirt etc on whilst sunbathing if they have burnt a part of their body and it needs a day or two of protection from the sun whilst topping up the rest of their body it does not bother us in the slightest as the 'no clothes' rule is really to keep the 'gawkers' away and not to stop those who frequent the A/N area using the beach/pool from having a great time. From my point of view if you are feeling tense and uncomfortable for any reason you can't be enjoying your vacation to it's fullest.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    My wife and I go to the A/N beach because we prefer it to any textile one and our sole aim is FOR US to get an all over tan whilst enjoying our vacation so personally I could not care what anyone else does as its OUR vacation so if SOMEONE ELSE feels more comfortable putting on on a bikini to go in the water, or prefers for what ever reason to wrap something around then whilst eating lunch or going to the bar and restroom or keeps a T Shirt etc on whilst sunbathing if they have burnt a part of their body and it needs a day or two of protection from the sun whilst topping up the rest of their body it does not bother us in the slightest as the 'no clothes' rule is really to keep the 'gawkers' away and not to stop those who frequent the A/N area using the beach/pool from having a great time. From my point of view if you are feeling tense and uncomfortable for any reason you can't be enjoying your vacation to it's fullest.
    Falcon, while I personally am the same way as you in regards to not caring what others are doing, I do not agree with allowing people to keep clothed for various "reasons" while on the nude beach. Allowing that would tend to make it appear clothing-optional, which WOULD result in making many people more tense and uncomfortable. "Nude is nude" is the rule, and the high majority of people who frequent the AN beaches at Couples want to keep it that way.

  17. #17

    Default

    I find people being clothed makes me uncomfortable...I think the acceptance we all have for one another comes from our openness. That seems to be lost when some are not adhering to the AN policy.

    There are so few places this nice for those who enjoy AN, I would hope those using the AN areas would understand that it's simply the way it is and play by the rules.

    It's really not so much to ask.

    The staff in this area are skilled and know the difference between somebody simply covering up to move and someone not adhering to the AN policy. They have no interest in making an issue where there isn't one. Relax and trust their common sense. I doubt they'll ever cross any line unless need be.
    Last edited by Nautical4life; February 26th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    My wife and I go to the A/N beach because we prefer it to any textile one and our sole aim is FOR US to get an all over tan whilst enjoying our vacation so personally I could not care what anyone else does as its OUR vacation so if SOMEONE ELSE feels more comfortable putting on on a bikini to go in the water, or prefers for what ever reason to wrap something around then whilst eating lunch or going to the bar and restroom or keeps a T Shirt etc on whilst sunbathing if they have burnt a part of their body and it needs a day or two of protection from the sun whilst topping up the rest of their body it does not bother us in the slightest as the 'no clothes' rule is really to keep the 'gawkers' away and not to stop those who frequent the A/N area using the beach/pool from having a great time. From my point of view if you are feeling tense and uncomfortable for any reason you can't be enjoying your vacation to it's fullest.
    Falcon has said it eloqently. In the past I read a post on these forums regarding a young woman who had been using the nude beach with her signifigant other for days prior to receiving a burn to her upper chest. She covered her chest to protect the burn area. Somone took offence to this and said she would have to leave the nude area. The sunburned lady and her partner were obviously participating in the nude only community, and common sense, one would think, should prevail. The intention of an all nude rule are primarily to keep gawkers away, as Falcon has stated. Micromanaging past the intended purpose of the rules can start to sound mean and petty.

    Previous posts here by management have come to the defense of common sense thinkers. For example, someone complained that a couple were kissing while using the nude area of the resort. Management responded to the complaints on this forum, that Couples Resorts are a romance themed resort and that kissing your signifigant other was considered romantic, not a PDA against the rules. People have complained on this forum that when one half of the couple leave the nude beach area that the single can't remain on the nude beach. Management refuted this as well and said one half of the couple can remain on the nude beach while the other half gets a message or grabs a bite to eat. So the strict 'by rules only crowd' were incorrect. Common sense of the rules prevailed.

    My wife and I have been nudist's for over 25 years and visited most of the available nude, clothing optional resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and it is because of the members of our community that we choose the nude vacation over the textile one. Nudists are generally kinder, friendlier, more experienced travellers, and less judgmental. Couples Resorts should be commended for keeping their nude areas up and running as there are not many nude resort remaining.

    I don't understand how anyone could concern themselves about someone putting on a bathing suit to cross a Public beach to enter the ocean. Couples Negril is listed by Couples Resort as a semi-private nude beach. Contrary, Couples San Souchi is listed as private. There is a difference. If the beach were private and part of the nude only area than the 'strictly enforce the rules crowd' would have a case. However Couples Negril's nude beach is semi-private and located on a public beach. The self proclaimed members of the nude police can patrol the area behind the nude only entry signs to the nude only area of Couples Negril resort. The nude police do actually serve a purpose. Cameras and gawkers are never welcome and we welcome your intervention.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Falcon, while I personally am the same way as you in regards to not caring what others are doing, I do not agree with allowing people to keep clothed for various "reasons" while on the nude beach. Allowing that would tend to make it appear clothing-optional, which WOULD result in making many people more tense and uncomfortable. "Nude is nude" is the rule, and the high majority of people who frequent the AN beaches at Couples want to keep it that way.
    I disagree that a "high majority" want to keep it nude. Over the 8 years we have been going to CN I've probably asked 50 people their opinion & only two people (and they were not together) said they wanted it nude only. The VAST majority said they didn't care one way or the other.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I disagree that a "high majority" want to keep it nude. Over the 8 years we have been going to CN I've probably asked 50 people their opinion & only two people (and they were not together) said they wanted it nude only. The VAST majority said they didn't care one way or the other.

    Captain Jim, I will not refute your findings, but most of the people I have talked to have wanted to keep it nude. Especially the women. As Nautical4life mentions, people are more comfortable and accepting when everyone is open and in it together.
    Clothing-optional does invite gawkers. We've all seen those gawkers at CN who repeatedly walk across the shoreline with their eyes staring up and down the AN beach. How would it feel if those same people were able to simply veer up onto the AN beach and grabbed a seat next to your significant other? I know my girlfriend would be very uncomfortable with that. People who go to the AN beach don't want to feel like they are zoo animals on display for anyone to come and watch. Nope. Their price of admission is to bare themselves just like the rest of us.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    161

    Default

    I certainly understand the run to the ocean senario and the burnt chest , I do believe it should be all nude all the time for the other cases. At CTI last July, a lady was having her period. Wanted to keep her bottoms on, we went along to get along. As one would figure, more and more decided they were more comfortable keeping there bottoms on. Then it got back to the resort that it was ok to be partially nude. Then the resort employees had to come out to the Island and send people packing if they didnt get naked, I don't believe that is the best way to operate. If everyone is on the same page and understands that from the git go, it saves a lot of tension.

  22. #22

    Default

    JJ

    Well said...eloquently put.

    As long as the rules are simple and stated clearly people will understand that to attend at SSB the resort has put in place what they feel is right for the comfort of their guests. That, tempered with some common sense is all any of us has a right to expect.

    Relax, enjoy and be unclothed ... it's -33C here this morning, taking off all these clothes and enjoying a Pina Colada, can't happen soon enough.
    Last edited by Nautical4life; February 28th, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    148

    Default Not the 'nude police', BUT....

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post

    Captain Jim, I will not refute your findings, but most of the people I have talked to have wanted to keep it nude. Especially the women. As Nautical4life mentions, people are more comfortable and accepting when everyone is open and in it together.
    Clothing-optional does invite gawkers. We've all seen those gawkers at CN who repeatedly walk across the shoreline with their eyes staring up and down the AN beach. How would it feel if those same people were able to simply veer up onto the AN beach and grabbed a seat next to your significant other? I know my girlfriend would be very uncomfortable with that. People who go to the AN beach don't want to feel like they are zoo animals on display for anyone to come and watch. Nope. Their price of admission is to bare themselves just like the rest of us.
    Jamaican Junkie is right on with the question relative to someone grabbing a seat next to your partner/wife, and how that would make someone feel. We'll be at CN AN in about fifty days and looking forward to another week of complete sun tanning opportunity, and being among those, who aren't encumbered with 'wanting things their own way'. Keep it simple folks. Allow the rules, which are in place for all (including their individual comfort levels), to do what it is/was established for. There's several hundred feet of beach on the other side of the hedge; enjoy it. Enjoy the AN area if you want to, as well. Frankly, people wanting things their way, in spite of the established continuum of activity (read: no clothes, equality among ALL using the space), seems to not care about others' vacation time; and, is inconsiderate. Just sayin'......
    52 and a wake-up to CN. Irie.
    TonyS

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Well, thanks for everyones opinions and advice. I think I will throw a cover up on to run to the bathroom, etc. Will leave the area to eat and put my suit on to swim. I will remain nude while in the AN area lounging or just getting up to get something. Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •