Default 45 more days and so many questions from a first timer to CSA

This site has been so helpful and I feel like I am part of the Couples family already and I haven't even been to any of the Couples Resorts yet. Already starting to plan for 2010 - CSS. But right now still have so many questions about CSA.
    1. Nighttime activities. Still a little confused. I thought there was dancing every night at the Palms, and then a theme night follows? Talent Show - Thurs., Beach Party - Friday, Bonfire - Wed. Do I have that right. Is there also a disco? My husband and I are professional dancers so we would love to do the talent show. We will be there Thanksgiving week.
    2. Should we go offsite for any local clubs one night?
    3. We want to see Couples Negril, maybe have a bite to eat - lunch, but then come back earlier than 4pm, so we have convenience of our room and resort. Can we take a cab back on our own?
    4. Do they have ATM machines? If so, do they give American money or Jamaican money?
    5. What are good nights to make reservations at Lemongrass and Feathers?
    6. Will there be any renovationis going on in November?
    7. Who is it okay to tip?
    8. How do you guys feel about shopping tour?
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks to our Couples Family.
    Last edited by maryrnp; October 6th, 2009 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maryrnp View Post
    1. Nighttime activities. Still a little confused. I thought there was dancing every night at the Palms, and then a theme night follows? Talent Show - Thurs., Beach Party - Friday, Bonfire - Wed. Do I have that right. Is there also a disco? My husband and I are professional dancers so we would love to do the talent show. We will be there Thanksgiving week.
    Yes, there is something every night at the Palms -- except the beach party night, but that's its own entertainment. There is a disco -- The Aura lounge. They having dancing nightly, but it's LATE LATE LATE.

2. Should we go offsite for any local clubs one night?
    Up to you. We have planned to, but can never stay up that late. LOL. People have said in the past NOT to go on the resort night, as the drink prices are higher, but go on a regular night.

3. We want to see Couples Negril, maybe have a bite to eat - lunch, but then come back earlier than 4pm, so we have convenience of our room and resort. Can we take a cab back on our own?
    Yes, you can take a cab back on your own. Just ask the front desk. They will arrange one for you.

4. Do they have ATM machines? If so, do they give American money or Jamaican money?
    CSA does (or did) have an ATM, but it doesn't always work. I think it dispenses USD, but am not 100% on this one.

5. What are good nights to make reservations at Lemongrass and Feathers?
    Whatever night you want. It really doesn't matter. Make it fit into your schedule.

6. Will there be any renovationis going on in November?
    Dunno. It's Jamaica, mon. Renovations could start at any time, and there are constantly improvements going on at all the resorts.

7. Who is it okay to tip?
    Spa, Baggage Handlers, Bus Driver from Airport, Catamaran Cruise Crew, Any Offsite Tour Employees.

8. How do you guys feel about shopping tour?
    Not. Sorry, but it's loud and pushy. Not my style, although others like it.
    Welcome to CSA. You'll love it.

Thank you for your help. We can't wait!!