Default Shell fish allergies

I have read previous threads about the possibiility of cross contamination of foods. I did send couples an e-mail but did not recieve an answer... We are heading to CSS in 30 Days and the better half is allergic to shell fish, does anyone know what procedure to take to notify the chef or wait staff. I understand that this can all be done at check in but wanted to re-assure the better half. She will be carrying her epi-pen as a pre-cautionary measure. Just looking for some insight.

Thank you

I have a shell allergy to the only problem I had was we had a private meal I left the know and they made sure that I had no shell fish. Other than that I have never had any problems even at the buffets. Just let the know when you check in and they will let you know what to do.

My husband has a shellfish allergy. We mentioned the fact each time we went to eat, and asked if the chefs could make sure that when his meal was prepared his food, and and any utensils used, didn't come into contact with any shellfish. We figured that it would be easier for the kitchen staff that way. We had no problems at all, the wait staff, chefs and kitchen staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Bob is allergic to fish (but not shellfish). We, too, worry about cross contamination (not just at Couples, but any restaurant). In 9 trips to Couples, he has never had an allergic reaction. If an item seems questionable, he talks to the waitstaff. If he has any doubt, he orders something else. You can also request to speak with the chef.

Default Couples is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by cortal View Post
    I have read previous threads about the possibiility of cross contamination of foods. I did send couples an e-mail but did not recieve an answer... We are heading to CSS in 30 Days and the better half is allergic to shell fish, does anyone know what procedure to take to notify the chef or wait staff. I understand that this can all be done at check in but wanted to re-assure the better half. She will be carrying her epi-pen as a pre-cautionary measure. Just looking for some insight.

Thank you
    Received an e-mail from Couples Manager and she informed and reassured my wife that everything will be taken care. Once again Couples demonstrates why they are the greatest resort.......28 days to go before CSS

I'm glad you got a response! My Bob is also allergic to shellfish (and some other things, notably tree nuts, peanuts, and tomatoes). We do keep the epi pen handy but have had good experiences emailing with Chef Spath (the Head Chef) about a week before travel. Then we meet with the resort's individual Head Chef when we arrive to make a plan for the week.

Mayuree, the Chef at Bayside at CTI, has even managed to make special dishes Bob could eat. Last year her dinner was his favorite! It was delicious. I mention this so that anyone else with shellfish/nut allergies that looks at the menu for Bayside and says "No way!" knows that Mayuree can accommodate you. Don't miss out on the wonderful experience of eating there!

We are also heading to CSS in a few weeks, maybe we can meet for a nice shellfish-free dinner. Have a wonderful trip!