Default A review of our split stay CSS and CSA

My husband and I just returned from an 11 night Couples vacation. This was our 4th time to Couples and 5th Jamaican vacation. We had a very nice relaxing time and wish we were back there already.

We arrived around 11:30 AM on a Monday. We had purchased Club MoBay passes. We were greeted promptly and shown through customs and to the lounge. Nice experience but probably was not needed. Lines were short. We did appreciate the snacks and Rum Punch.

Ride to CSS was uneventful. We were greeted and checked in promptly. Our room was ready. We requested G block and were given a room on second floor in G. I was expecting a great view based on what I read in these boards. Initially I was very disappointed. View was very obscured by trees and the elevator tower. Room was large and clean but definitely worn. I requested a room change and was told it was not possible and to try again the next day. We settled in and learned to like the room. It was very private and quiet. My biggest complaint with the room was the bed. It was way too hard for me. The room attendant placed a foam pad on the bed which helped but I still was not entirely comfortable. I don't remember the beds being this hard on prior visits.

The resort is beautiful as usual. Enjoyed the grounds and the beach. The stairs were a minor issue for me as I am older than on previous visits and now have issues with my knees and hips. When we return would try for D block as it is so centrally located .

We went to the spa and the therapists were excellent. Wonderful experience.

Food was ok. We had many instances when items from the buffet were cold and one case when a salad was served on a hot plate. We found some of the meats to be tough. We also would have liked more light at dinner, it was hard to see what we were eating at times.

We are not big drinkers but enjoy a drink or two when on vacation. We personally felt the drinks were watered down. I often just drank water.

We met some very nice people. Enjoyed the repeaters dinner, beach party and gala.
    My husband did feel that some folks at SSB were not as welcoming as on other trips. Seemed to be groups of people who knew each other, he felt a bit like an outsider.

All and all enjoyable week. The staff were outstanding, service was wonderful.

Will continue....
    Last edited by mdtcoll; February 23rd, 2014 at 02:55 PM.