Default Couples Negril Renovations

Hi! I am currently looking into CN for our honeymoon in September. I have been reading reviews that the rooms are currently being renovated. I was wondering if anyone new when these are expected to be finished? Or if renovations are ongoing is it noticble/loud/inconvienent?

Thanks!

Good luck finding info....it seems to be a well kept secret. But here is a thread I started a while ago that has some info. We're going in April and was hoping to find out the probabilities of getting a renovated room. I do know that buildings 1 and 2 are done, at least thats what i've read so far.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...dates-Pictures

We sat with the GM in December and asked this question. They will be working on buildings as reservations allow. They expect it to be about a 2 year process. They started this past August. The noise is very minimal and not intrusive at all.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    The noise is very minimal and not intrusive at all.
    Can support what Juli said. We were at CN in October and they had completed building 2 and were working on building 1. In the 8 days we were there they were working every day and I think I heard them only one day at the beach grill as we were having lunch. Otherwise, had I not been looking, we never would have know the renovations were going on.

Enjoy.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

We're going in April and was hoping to find out the probabilities of getting a renovated room.

Zambam, were you able to get into one of the renovated rooms? If so, you do you have any pictures? I'm interested to see what the bathrooms look like.

Renshli...we did get a renovated room in Building 1. I did take a few pics. I'll try to post those later. The room seemed "refreshed" all around besides just the bathroom; i.e. seemed like it had new paint,furnishing, and new hvac unit and the mini bar (new for us).

The new bathroom was nice. Shower was a large overhead, rainfall shower head. No problems with water pressure or hot water. There's no door to the shower just a glass partition on part of it and a drain along the opening.

We had the renovated bathroom last week. I am of the opinion that they should revisit the design prior to proceeding with buildings 3-9. It's not bad...but I'm glad it's not a bathroom in my house (unless my house was an AI resort on the beach in Negril).

We were there at the end of January, and didn't notice any renovating going on. It was, but they were very discreet about it. We didn't have an updated room, but there was no noise anywhere from the remodeling.

Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by zambam View Post
    Renshli...we did get a renovated room in Building 1. I did take a few pics. I'll try to post those later. The room seemed "refreshed" all around besides just the bathroom; i.e. seemed like it had new paint,furnishing, and new hvac unit and the mini bar (new for us).

The new bathroom was nice. Shower was a large overhead, rainfall shower head. No problems with water pressure or hot water. There's no door to the shower just a glass partition on part of it and a drain along the opening.
    Thank you, Zambam. I'm sure my husband will appreciate the new shower if we get a renovated room. He's pretty tall so he had to duck to get his head wet the last time we were at CN

Are they doing anything with the suites? Or is is just the rooms? The baths are very different in the suites to begin with.

We're currently here and they are working on Bldg. 7 (we're in Bldg. 8). So far it's been fairly quiet (a little noise but hardly noticeable)...but then this is our first day. From prior experience, CTI 2009 (the day after reopening), Couples prides themselves on doing work behind the scenes without impacting guests (and hardly being noticed). Don't worry...just come and enjoy!!