Default Private Transfer

Hi All

Booked for Couples Tower Isle in October and have been reading a bit about the couples lounge recently. I have a private transfer booked via our UK tour operator so my question is do I still have to go to the couples lounge and " check in " on arrival or would I just find my tour rep at the airport to jump in a taxi to be on my merry way to the resort?

Kind regards

Charlie

Check in and tell them you're using a driver.

Excellent, Thank you

Have a couple complimentary Red Stripes while in the lounge and don't forget to bring shorts and sandals in your carry on to change into at the Couples Lounge rest rooms. It makes for a more relaxing drive to the resort and gets you into the spirit sooner. Irie.

Is there a special reason you have booked a private transfer rather than use the one provided free by Couples?

How much does a private transfer cost? I was thinking about that so we could stop at a few places on the way if we want to.

We did that once just because and it was nice but we kind of missed the party atmosphere of the van.

The reason my wife and I chose a private transfer is, don't take this the wrong way but I really don't wont to ride with other people and hear their comments on stuff as you drive past. It was bad enough I had to sit on a plane with other people. Sometimes people are not aware of their surroundings and can be rude. If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Is there a special reason you have booked a private transfer rather than use the one provided free by Couples?
    Privacy?

Are the vans comfortable? How many people are there generally per trip? I've been debating getting a private transfer, but am thinking I'd rather spend the money elsewhere on the island unless it's a significant step up in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by music_ismath View Post
    Are the vans comfortable? How many people are there generally per trip? I've been debating getting a private transfer, but am thinking I'd rather spend the money elsewhere on the island unless it's a significant step up in comfort.
    There's noting wrong with the van and going to the resort they are not typically crowded. Going back to the airport, sometimes they are more full. My wife and I take a private transfer just so we can be in control of the ride to the resort. Stopping or not stopping is up to us. We use the same driver every year and he has Red Stripes in the car for us. We will also typically stop at a Rum Bar along the way to CSS. We also get a chance to talk to him about what excursions we'd like to do and if there is anything new we should see (this is how we found the Blue Hole). We've even done a little sight-seeing on the way to the resort before. I know it's all included and its something you don't have to pay for, but we can only swing the vacation every couple years now so when we go we like it to be a big deal.

You can e-mail me if you'd like my recommendation for my driver if you like.

usmc7236@yahoo.com

S/F
    Scott and June

I've been in everything from cars to actual motorcoaches but on average the vans hold 10-20 people and luggage. We always enjoy the bus ride (except the goodbye bus). It's usually cool and quite comfy

Sorry about the delay in responding I have been off work for a couple of days.

As the drive to tower isle is about 1 hour and 45 mins we thought that a private transfer would be better, then it becomes our choice if we would like to stop for a toilet break or not and you generally ( but not always ) get to stay on resort a little bit longer on the return trip back to the airport. I agree it is pricey 111.00 uk sterling via the travel agent although I am sure we could have found it cheaper direct.

Charlie