Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: club mo bay?

Default club mo bay?

We arrive in Montego Bay on April 19th (Sat) at 10:20 am, would you recommend Club Mo bay? How much is it? How do you purchase it? We have stood in line before on a Sat for almost 2 hours, then on other years gotten through very quick, just wondering about options and benefits to Club Mo bay. Thanks.

We used Club MoBay in December on a Saturday around 10:50. No lines in immigration, but I will do it again as it was nice to have a choice other than beer and finger snacks after a long night flight. We also did it on the way home. Will always do Club MoBay.

If you booked through Couples, just call and they will add it to your reservation. If you booked through a TA, call and they will add it to your reservation. If you booked yourself, go to Club MoBay website and book there. I don't have the site, but google it and you will find it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We're going the same day and we've booked it this time since it's Easter weekend and I'm assuming there are going to be long lines. We've stood in lines for 2 hours on numerous occasions. and wanted to make sure we didn't this time. Also we don't land till 2:30 so odds are there will be a line.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

We used the Club Mobay arrival service last year in July. We arrived on the 4th at 11:30 a.m. and there was absolutely no line at all! First time ever in our 7 trips to JA! However, we did book it again for this July. We have waited in line for 2 hrs. before and don't care to do it again. Knowing we won't have to deal with that kind of wait is worth it to us. It is definitely a gamble. We have used the departure service a couple times and really enjoyed it. The first year we used it the lines were very long and we were through in just a couple minutes. Last year there was not much of a line at all and we got through at the same time as others going through the regular lines. The lounge is a nice place to relax and have a snack and a few drinks before departure. It is a much more comfortable place to wait for your flight than sitting at the gate.

Last year we purchased our tickets when we booked our trip through Couples. The year before we were able to purchase the departure tickets at CN. You can also purchase the departure tickets when you arrive at the airport. I would purchase tickets ahead of time as it seems Club Mobay is getting more and more popular. I believe they limit the number of tickets sold - not sure though. You can go to their website to purchase the arrival and departure tickets - www.clubmobay.com.

Enjoy your trip!

Forgot to mention the price! It is $160 for 2 people for arrival and departure tickets. Arrival only is $50.00 per person I believe. It's $30.00 per person for departure if purchased ahead of time or $35.00 at the airport.

We arrive on April 19th too. We are considering using Club Mobay for arrival as well. I have been watching the Saturday afternoon arriving flights during our scheduled arrival time frame and there are quite a few planes arriving within 45 minutes of ours.
    Kevin & Tammy
    CN 2005
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by LLPC View Post
    We arrive in Montego Bay on April 19th (Sat) at 10:20 am, would you recommend Club Mo bay? How much is it? How do you purchase it? We have stood in line before on a Sat for almost 2 hours, then on other years gotten through very quick, just wondering about options and benefits to Club Mo bay. Thanks.
    What resortare you staying at, and where are you flying in from? We land at 10:30, coming in from miami. We are heading to negril. We did the departure lounge last year, which we booked through the resort. This year we booked both the arrival and departure services through theconfirmation emails we received from couples.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    What resortare you staying at, and where are you flying in from? We land at 10:30, coming in from miami. We are heading to negril. We did the departure lounge last year, which we booked through the resort. This year we booked both the arrival and departure services through theconfirmation emails we received from couples.
    sweetnessinthesand we arrive at 10:20 from Minnesota. We are heading to Couples Swept Away.

Our third trip and the lines were short, but club mobay was very nice. I think it is worth it.

It's nice to have this option. The last thing I won't to do is stand in line just to have some papers checked.

I booked our Mobay yesterday only 8 more days!!

How do I check on arriving flights in Montego Bay? I can't seem to figure out what to do on the airport website. We are arriving on April 12, and are thinking about doing club mobay.....but would like to be able to check on arriving flights first.

Use this first link for Arrivals

http://www.mbjairport.com/arrivals

Use this link for Departures

http://www.mbjairport.com/departures

They only give the arrival and departure information for the current day and they update the pages frequently as flights arrive or depart. You can not check out the arrival or departure schedule in advance, only the current day. There may be other websites to use for this. However, I would question the accuracy as the schedules can easily change.

We just returned from CTI this week. We used Club MOBAY for both our arrival and departure. It was worth every penny.

When we arrived the Customs and Immigration areas were packed. I would say roughly 1200 people or more standing in line. We were greeted near our arrival gate by Club MOBAY agents. They first checked our paperwork. Then, we walked around all of the people standing in line to a special VIP line where we were next. We then went to get our luggage and on to the next area. Again, we walked around all of the people waiting in line and were next. If we had not used Club MOBAY our wait would have been at least 2 hours or more. Club MOBAY had us from our aircraft door to the Couples Lounge in about 15 to 20 minutes. We were on the bus to the resort about 45 minutes after we landed. Had we not used Club MOBAY it would have easily taken more than 2 hours to get to the Couples Lounge.

Only about 720 more days until we return to Couples. It takes us a while to save the money to return.

I am here right now
    Did Club Mobay yesterday and was worth every penny!
    There were probably 500 or 600 people maybe more in line would have taken 2 hours to get through
    Instead it was 5 minutes
    I highly recommend this service

LLPC, I looked at the arrivals for Sat March 8. The first five arrival times are as follows. 9:25, 9:50, 10:24 and two at 11:06 if the schedule remains the same and you are on the flight from Ottawa arriving at 10:24, then I would NOT book Club Mobay. You have a cushion of over a half hour before your flight and the next arrival.
    My take on the whole thing is if you arrive early or late... don't book it. Anything in between, I would check the arrival times on the particular day of the week you will be arriving on (the Sangster Airport site shows a single day only)... and make YOUR best guess. You can copy and paste it into a spreadsheet if needed, you'll be able to view it later. (Chose 'paste special' and select Unicode text) Hope this helps in your decision. Here is the link for Sangster again. http://m.mbjairport.com/

We just returned on Saturday March 8th. Used club Mobay for both ways. Best money we ever spent. Lineup to top of ramp on arrival Feb. 22nd at 2:50. I had checked the airport website for arrivals and 16 flights arriving within 30 minutes before ours. We were on the bus to CN at 3:40. On Saturday line up was all the way through the airport 3 or 4 deep. Took us 5 minutes to go through immigration and security for our 3:50 flight. My husband thought I was nuts to buy Club Mobay but he sure changed his tune when he saw the lines.

Default Check the flight 2 days in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Margo&Andy View Post
    We just returned on Saturday March 8th. Used club Mobay for both ways. Best money we ever spent. Lineup to top of ramp on arrival Feb. 22nd at 2:50. I had checked the airport website for arrivals and 16 flights arriving within 30 minutes before ours. We were on the bus to CN at 3:40. On Saturday line up was all the way through the airport 3 or 4 deep. Took us 5 minutes to go through immigration and security for our 3:50 flight. My husband thought I was nuts to buy Club Mobay but he sure changed his tune when he saw the lines.
    you can actually use this site to check the arrivals a few days in advance before you decide to buy the mobay pass.

http://www.ifly.com/montego-bay-sang...tatus-arrivals

For instance, if you're arriving at around 11 AM tomorrow, I'd get it because there is non-stop activity between 9 and 11 tomorrow.

Used it again this year and probably could have gotten away without it. Arrived Wed afternoon and out Tues night.
    Arrival still a lineup but nothing like the weekends. Departure airport was empty. Will depend on what days we travel next year.

We arrive at around 2:30 pm on a Wednesday... Still trying to figure out if this is something to do. Any thoughts or experience to offer?

we used it last year and our feeling it is well worth it then taking chance on standing in line for what could be a couple of hours. we heading home April 18 and have booked Club Mobay already

James h, on a Wednesday?

We, too, are arriving on a Wednesday at 1:51. Would be interested in hearing from others who have arrived on this day/time as to whether it is worth the money.
    sharon

We just got back from CN and thought about doing Club Mobay..We were very disappointed we didn't It looks well worth it the airport if very disorganized and we were in immigration line for 1 1/2 hrs. I would pay the money

LLPC
    As stated on earlier posts, look to the facts to make your decision. Everything has risk, but...
    Your flight on most Saturdays only has 3 flights arrive before yours in the hour before. Three flights times 150 people per flight is 450, divided by about 10 immigration booths, you get the idea.
    From personal experience with that flight, we didn't wait long. Could we have gotten through faster, I'm sure, but not worth the cost coming into the country. If your on the 4:30 flight out, not much value there either, and we used it. We won't again.
    Have a great trip.

Did it in November on arrival and it was a waste of money. We were the only plane that came in. Sure its nicer than the couples lounge but its only finger sandwiches that make it worth it. Not worth the money

Departure was nice and the lounge is well worth it.

We came in on a flt that arrived at 10:40am on a Saturday. This November we'll be doing the same flight on a Wednesday. Not sure if I'll do the same. Departure I can have much better food in one of the restaurants in the airport but breezing thru customs was really nice. I got 7 months to obsess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast