Default Floyd's Pelican Bar

only 54 more sleeps until our 5th return "home" to CN! we have never done any off-site excursions before and are considering doing the trip out to Floyd's Pelican Bar this time. Can anyone who has done this excursion share how you booked it? (through the resort, online tour company, other???) Any information, suggestions or tips would be much appreciated! We have heard great things about the One Love bus tour too, but are going to save that for our next trip when our friends can join us. thanks!

That is something I want to hear about too!

We booked ours through Rocky's Tours and they did a great job. It's a lot of fun....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

This was one of my favorite off resort excursions-was on my bucket list!

We hired a private driver for the day; don't think for liability reasons this is an excursion done through the resort. Got to Black River saw crocodiles and out to Floyd's we went with a local fisherman - very authentic atmosphere. Spent a while out there - didn't get to eat out there but our driver had us stop at a local restaurant on the river on the way out. We were also supposed to do YS Falls but ran out of time. Left CSA at 8:30 a.m. and didn't get back to 6:00 p.m. - long day off resort though. This time I think we may try Mayfield Falls-did One Love Bus last year and it was a blast.

Default Pelican Bar

We only did the Pelican bar with Rocky and we set the amount time we wanted to stay.....
    Name:  Couples_2013 (90)-001.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  48.6 KB...........Name:  Couples_2013 (112)-001.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  57.8 KB
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We booked a private driver too and it was great. (http://joecooltaxiandtoursjamaica.com/) It was a long-ish drive, so I'd suggest combining it with another tour. We went to YS falls at the same time. You could also do Black River or the Appleton's Estate tours with it too.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We did the Pelican Bar (and YS Falls) with Rocky, had a great time, can't say enough good things about him, safe, reliable and took care of all the details!

We stayed at CSA and hired a private driver to take us to the Appleton rum tour and Floyd's Pelican bar. We paid the driver $100 for the day. The Appleton tour was $15 per person and Floyd's was $20 to take a boat to the bar.

One love bus tour on March 16 for us

We combined with YS Falls and Black River, but if I had it to do over again would drop the Black River portion. YS Falls is beautiful and we did it back in 06 before they added the zip line. The Pelican Bar is a very cool experience just hanging out, swimming if you like. It is a pretty unique place and Floyd is pretty cool. Absolutely eat at roadside stands that your guide knows are reputable. Stop and buy local fruits. Experience JA as it should be experienced. I am not sure if it is offered through the resort but I do believe it was from CN as I suggested it to a group and they arranged it through the Concierge desk. When we did it we hired a private tour company. It was a very memorable day and well worth it!