Default Book Suggestions

Looking for a book to read while on vacay. Anyone have any good suggestions???? Thanks in advance!!

I have two great detective and one romantic comedy novels for you. Click here!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Anything by Elin Hildenbrand is a great beach read. Not too deep...so doesn't require too much thinking, but interesting enough to keep you reading. Plus the books usually have a beach setting.

Really depends on what you like. I love David Baldacci and J.D. Robb so I usually have at least one of those. For a good beach read try A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffet.

I read the entire hunger games trilogy while in the Dominican. It's all about what you like though...

Is also recommend the Blackdagger Brotherhood or Fallen Angels series by JR Ward. And there's always Fifty Shades or the Crossfire series as well. But that's what I like. hth

They've been out for a few years, but two books that I couldn't put down once I started them were Defending Jacob and Gone Girl. One that was lol funny, even though I find her television personality rather abrasive, was Chelsea Handler's My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands. If you haven't read Tina Fey's Bossypants, but like Tina Fey, that's a great read.

Here are some other terrific reads:
    Cutting for Stone
    Doc by Mary Doria Russell (terrific historical fiction)
    The Night Circus
    The Art of Fielding
    One Thousand White Women
    Olive Kitteridge
    Room
    Sh*t My Dad Says (humor)

I like anything by Nora Roberts. Also like Danielle Steele, Sandra Brown, Elin Hilderbrand (Reading The Blue Bistro now, this would be a great beach book).
    I also read The girl with the Dragon Tattoo one year.

Just recently read "The Book Thief"... thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. Yeah, I know... its a "YA" book, but then again, so are the "Hunger Games" and "Divergent" trilogies.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just recently read "The Book Thief"... thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. Yeah, I know... its a "YA" book, but then again, so are the "Hunger Games" and "Divergent" trilogies.
    Chris, I loved The Book Thief. I think it was misclassified as YA fiction. Great recommendation!

Gone Girl

I have no issues with YA. Or almost any kind of book but historical romances. I just can't get into those

Quote Originally Posted by moiira View Post
    Really depends on what you like. I love David Baldacci and J.D. Robb so I usually have at least one of those. For a good beach read try A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffet.
    I'll second "A Salty Piece of Land." However... I always take a book. But somehow never seem to be able to find the time to open it. Weird...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

I really enjoyed fifty shades.... It has to be THE best book my wife has ever read....lol

If you can find a copy, Herman Wouk's "Don't Stop the Carnival". THis is a wonderful funny look on the "joy" of owning a resort in paradise!