Default Which American credit cards are accepted?

Just curious which credit cards are accepted for incidental charges. I have several different cards (Citi Visa, AmEx, and Discover) but Discover is the only one that does not charge the obnoxious foreign transaction fees. Let me know if they accept Discover... if they do, use your Discover and save some money!

My wife has a bank of america visa, which does charge a fee. I have a wells fargo visa, and do NOT get charged a fee. They do not charge a fee because, even though it is an international transaction, it is still done in US dollars. But to answer your question, yes, i believe the resort does take discover.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

There are many cards that do not charge a FTF. Capital one does not as well as some Chase cards, I think maybe Slate and a couple others that Chase has. The thing to do is just check your card and know if they do or not. If they charge the fees then get one that don't.

I used my AARP Visa as it didn't have a charge, but I think they also take Discover.
    Linda

Default Discover Card

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
    Just curious which credit cards are accepted for incidental charges. I have several different cards (Citi Visa, AmEx, and Discover) but Discover is the only one that does not charge the obnoxious foreign transaction fees. Let me know if they accept Discover... if they do, use your Discover and save some money!
    I always use my Discovery Card in Jamaica but you will need to call them before you leave and let them know you will be out of the country. Otherwise, your card will be blocked and you will not be able to use it.

In my experience, Discover is not widely accepted outside of the US.

I generally travel internationally with a Amex and either a Visa or a MasterCard and I find that covers my needs nicely.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014
    ??? - 2015