Default Dallas/Fort Worth?

We are changing planes in dfw on the way home toMpls. Just wondering how easy is it to navigate? I think we have about 2 hours, thanks!

DFW is a huge airport with trains running between terminals. If you are clearing Customs there, 2 hours may not be enough time, especially if there are a lot of international arrivals at the same time.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

2 hours is plenty of time. It's a big airport but it has trams(Airlink) that go to all of the terminals. It actually has less walking due to the trams than most large airports.

DFW is very easy to navigate once you are thru Immigration and Customs. Our last time through it was very busy, but that is hit or miss. There is a train that runs around the entire perimeter of the airport, you have to go up a level to get to it but the time savings is well worth it. Good luck.

Thanks all !! Last year we changed planes in Chicago and it was seamless, I was surprised how well it went. Everything is big in Texas so I figured it would be a large airport. Wish us luck, 50 more sleeps until csa

All international flights arrive at terminal D. The customs hall is huge, so unless you arrive at a peek time with multiple other flights, you will not wait that long. If you are flying American, you will leave out of terminals A, B or D. To transfer terminals, you can either go back into security and take the train, or go outside to the passenger pick up area and catch a terminal link bus. The train tends to be faster.

The last time we arrived through Dallas, 2 hours would not have been enough time. Many planes arrived at the same time and Immigrations and Customs was terrible. Luckily we had a layover until the next morning but we would not have made it in 2 hours. We try to avoid Dallas but lo and behold, that's where we wil come back through in December.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Make sure that you retrieve your checked luggage (if any) before you go to customs and re-check it also before you go to customs.
    This should make sense once you see the set up.

We love DFW,, There is a tram there to get to ABCDand i think C terminals,, ABC terminals right now,, major renovatiosn going on right now,, Went thru there mid February,,, American Country Speaking people there to if not sure,, ask Airport personnel,, We prefer to fly thru DFW or Houston leaving an coming back home,,

We live in Fort Worth. DFW is big and intimidating, but very easy to navigate. Two hours should be plenty, but like any international arrival, you never know.

Your plane will normally land at a gate near international arrivals. Customs was very quick for us during the last three trips. Never more than an hour
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014 2015,

DFW is huge and it can be overwhelming during busy travel times. Even with a 2 hour layover, we missed our connecting flight. There just wasn't enough time to clear customs.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

You won't have any problem, just make sure you check the arrival/departure board for your terminal & gate. Our terminal & gate had changed from when we first got our boarding pass 24 hours earlier. We nearly missed our flight because we were at the wrong gate, we were the last people on the plane with the flight attendant on the microphone saying "last call". Not a good memory moment.....lol!!!!

What day? You are on the AA non-stop right?

We go home on April 25, mbj to dfw then on to mpls. Thanks for the info

I just looked at my flight schedule. We will be arriving on AA to DFW at 6:25 pm and our flight to Minneapolis leaves at 8:05. Are customs usually busy at this time? Are the customs fully staffed at that time?

What typically happens if, despite our best efforts, we are not able to make our departing flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdouglasb12 View Post
    I just looked at my flight schedule. We will be arriving on AA to DFW at 6:25 pm and our flight to Minneapolis leaves at 8:05. Are customs usually busy at this time? Are the customs fully staffed at that time?

What typically happens if, despite our best efforts, we are not able to make our departing flight?
    We were put on the next plane after missing our flight. Thankfully, there were seats available.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdouglasb12 View Post

90 minutes to clear Immigration, get your luggage and clear Customs, and then get the luggage re-checked for the next flight? If you are VERY lucky, you'll make it, but I doubt it. If you miss your flight to Minneapolis, you'll have to take the next available one (obviously). But that might not be until the next day.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

That AA 6:25 arrival is the same flight we always take. In the 8 trips back from MBJ we have never had to wait more than an hour in customs. Usually 15 - 30 minutes but you never know until you get there. Luggage is always ready to grab once you clear. Local advice - There are two sides when clearing. One for US citizens and one for Foreign Nationals. The US side can get crowded but the other usually has some capacity available. If you are getting close to your time, there are plenty of customs agents around and I would politely ask for assistance. I have seen them pull people out of line if it's legitimate. Remember to pack any carry on liquids from MBJ in your checked luggage for your next flight. Hope it all works out!

Jndp summed it up well. I've done that flight four times, though not since 2009. 30 minutes is the norm to clear customs and such so with your 1hr 40 min you should be fine.

JimPat 1. Is that you that we met. And went to Appleton Rum tour. With. Valentines week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark&Terri View Post
    JimPat 1. Is that you that we met. And went to Appleton Rum tour. With. Valentines week?
    Not me. Haven't been down there since 2009.