Default CSS and Jerk Chicken

Where can one have jerk chicken at CSS?

Also, a friend travelled to Jamaica and raved about having "Festival"...is this dish available at CSS?

The Beach Grill will serve jerk chicken, and so will the grill at SSB at lunch time.

Your first choice for jerk chicken, jerk pork, jerk sausage, jerk fish, outside of the resort, is Scotchies in Ocho Rios. It is amongst the five best jerk shacks in the world. If you are staying at CSS and your first question is jerk chicken, Scotchies is the answer. Do not miss it. I have been cooking Jamaican jerk for 34 years and have never had any better than Scotchies; even my own. You get hire a car and driver or get a taxi to take you there. About 20 minutes. Buy the driver lunch!

The second place I would recommend is about a 20 minute drive from CSS, leaving the resort going to the left, away from Ocho Rios. I don't remember the name of the place, but the chicken was amazing and his hot sauce is on the money. The pork was dry, though.

I'll post a few pictures and perhaps someone who's been to CSS or CTI and visited this place can give us the name. You can see the diagonal fencing from the road.

Name:  jerk01.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  75.4 KB Name:  jerk02.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  60.2 KB Name:  jerk03.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  53.1 KB
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

I know it's available for lunch at the Beach Grill.. And when I was there, they served every kind of meet with jerk at the Tuesday night beach party.

Never heard of Festival, though.

you can get festival at the beach party

Festival is just fried dough. Scotchie's has amazing ones in addition to all the stuff mentioned above.

Festival is a type of fry bread.

When we were at CSS, we had the best jerk chicken at the beach grill. Pretty spicy, but, I loved it.
    One Love,
    Mya

The Jerk at CTI is ok....I always gather a few couples and get a taxi and go to Scotchee's! Man that is the best Jerk on the island! The cook over pimento wood.
    watch the hot sauce though!!! I love heat but last year I over did it. We will be there in August again.

Definitely go to Scotchies! It is just as amazing as everyone has said. I haven't seen festival at the beach party but if it were to be anywhere that would be it. I'll have to look for it next month. It's pretty much a fried cornbread and delish! Make sure you try a beef and/or chicken patty at the Beach Grill. They're delish too!
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

I noticed the Scotchies menu has prices in Jamaican dollars. Can you pay in US dollars? I know they accept US dollars everywhere. If so, how much is the food at Scotchies? How much is the cab ride? Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by rgaffney12 View Post
    I noticed the Scotchies menu has prices in Jamaican dollars. Can you pay in US dollars? I know they accept US dollars everywhere. If so, how much is the food at Scotchies? How much is the cab ride? Thanks all!
    Yes, you can pay in US dollars.
    The price of the food is the same as most jerk shacks in Jamaica. For two people to stuff themselves, you won't spend more than $25, not counting drinks.
    The cab ride varies from driver to driver and how much time you want to spend away from the resort. It's not like hopping a cab in NYC and going downtown. You hire the car and driver for half the day or a full day or whatever you negotiate. Remember to buy lunch for your driver.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)