Thread: Canadians

Default Canadians

Wish there was some incentives for Western Canadians. Would like to book through Couples Website but they only have flights through Air Canada and West Jet. Air Transat and Sunwing offer direct flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Gillard View Post
    Wish there was some incentives for Western Canadians. Would like to book through Couples Website but they only have flights through Air Canada and West Jet. Air Transat and Sunwing offer direct flights.
    You can still book through Couples Website, just hotel only, and then book your air separately. We are from Ontario, and this is what we have always done.

Susan,
    You can book hotel through Couples website and air separately.

I always book flights separate to get the best scheduled times as I believe Couples doesn't have access to all the flights available

I have booked thru Couples the last 2 years... after the drop in the CDN dollar, next year I will be booking thru Canadian site next year. Too much strees watching the dollar drop and the vacation price rise!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Gillard View Post
    Sunquest vacations has the best prices for Canadians wanting to fly direct. The couples website ends up costing more and has transfers.

We booked our trip a long time ago using an amazing TA. She is out of the states and couldn't book our flights but that works out better. we got a GREAT rate and were able to book our flights on our own. the only thing I wish I knew a head was that it was going to be this cold and we would have booked our trip for the March instead! 54 more days!

I guess you need to shop and compare. Not sure where you mean by "Western Canada"? - BC or Alberta?

I have always checked the prices from Vancouver on all the sites offering packages and find it more expensive to Couples. The first trip we did book with a TA, as it was for our wedding and we had a group, so she got us a decent rate. We flew with Air Transat and had a stop in Calgary. We got to CSA late at night.

Since then we find it cheaper by far to book through Couples directly (usually over the phone) and book flights separately. Funny, as it's about the only place we book directly with the resort (unless a condo and we use VRBO).

Flying out of BC to anywhere but Hawaii is somewhat painful. A non-stop flight would be nice, but being crammed in the charter planes bothers my husband more than it does me, and to Jamaica it usually involves a stop. Flying with WestJet is our preference, even though it routes through Toronto, but is not always the cheapest option. The other advantage to not booking a package is that you can pick the dates and number of days better. With the packages with Transat, Sunwing etc. you are limited to 7 days or 14. Sometimes we like to go for 10.

I find there are seldom direct, non-stop flights to Jamaica out of YVR. Usually we use online travel sites, and for other destinations book as a package. Often we fly out of Seattle (to Jamaica and other Caribbean islands, or Central America) for much cheaper flights. We have saved well over $1000 per trip. The downside is that they are never direct. However the up side, other than price, is that for us if we fly red-eye to the hub connection, we can take an early flight out from the hub and be at Couples by early afternoon.

This last trip it was absolutely cheaper to book through Couples, as we got the $1000 discount to the new Barbados resort. When that fell through we received the extra $500 discount for switching to Jamaica (CN). Our flights were booked Air Miles and we did have to pay to switch them.