Default Image Management Function

I posted this in the HELP thread a few weeks ago and received no help. Hopefully I can find some help here.

I see that my allotment of disk space for images is getting quite large. I assume that when the red fills up the bar that I will not be allowed to upload anymore pictures. Two questions:

1) How can I attach a picture I've attached on a previous thread without uploading it again?

2) How can I delete the images I've uploaded in the past?

I would assume that there is an "Image Management" function, but I can't seam to find it.

Thanks for any help in this area.
    Last edited by Wally; October 6th, 2009 at 07:18 PM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I answered these questions in the original thread after noting your dislike of my suggestion. My suggestion that was of "no help" would prevent the issue from arising in the first place as well.

1) How can I attach a picture I've attached on a previous thread without uploading it again?
    This program doesn't store images so that you can recall them from a file. You must upload the picture again

2) How can I delete the images I've uploaded in the past?
    Click on USER CP then click on ATTACHMENTS check the pictures you desire to delete from posts and click DELETE SELECTED.

KrisJamie,

I understand that you were trying to help, but your original answers did not answer the questions I asked. I really like to insert the pictures directly so that the reader doesn’t have to click on a link and view them one at a time. Your second set of answers was much better; however the first one still involves inserting a link instead of a picture. But thanks anyway.

Jim,

So I guess from your answers that the images are stored only in the posts, and not on the web site as attachments associated with my account. So if I delete an image, it will delete from the post. Is that correct? Here is what I am concerned about:

Name:  Attachment Statistics.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  8.0 KB

I can only assume that when the red bar fills up the entire box, I will no longer be able to attach images to my posts. I guess I will just have to delete the oldest images first, to create the least impact to the readers.

Thanks, Wally
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Wally, using image tags makes an image appear. Just posting the URL will make a clickable link appear.

Deleting an attachment does not delete the post itself, only said attachment. You're dead on.

Yes, when the red bar fills up you need to delete or look to alternatives.

Example of image tags and no uploader:

All I did was this (minus the second slash in the end tag)

[img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8910/img3890small.jpg[//img]

Okay, let's give it a try:

Wow! That's very cool. So this image is stored on Image Shack and not the Couples website. Correct? So I don't have tp worry about using up my image space on Couples. Then, when someone opens the post, the html goes out to Image Shack and grabs the image and puts it into the post. Correct? I also assume that the image(s) will get approved with the original post, and we won't have to wait for the attachment approval process by the moderator. I saw something on imageshack.com about an $8 subscription fee, but I uploaded this one for free. How does that work? Another cool feature is that the site will also reduce the image for you, eliminating a time consuming step on my computer. Thanks for the help. I like this a lot!

BTW, I can’t wait to get on that island. First trip to CTI in January!!!
    [

Wally

So I guess from your answers that the images are stored only in the posts, and not on the web site as attachments associated with my account. So if I delete an image, it will delete from the post. Is that correct?
    The images are stored in the program under your name as file space utilized. You are correct that when you delete a picture (file) it is removed from the post but the post still remains.

I can only assume that when the red bar fills up the entire box, I will no longer be able to attach images to my posts. I guess I will just have to delete the oldest images first, to create the least impact to the readers.
    This is also correct.

This program has a limit on the amount of picture files it will store under one user. I am not sure if this program has the capability of increased storage but then again the program forces you to weed out old files that are being stored under your name. It does force you to do your own house keeping.

This might be an area for the techies to look into to see if the amount can be increased. It does have draw backs for those who read past archived posts looking for pictures.

Wally, you got it!

Look into Flickr if you're planning to use a paid host. It is THE best photo site on the web. The same URL/tag posting method applies

I use Imageshack for day to day stuff, but Flickr for albums and what-not. I'm not familiar with the paid service on Imageshack, though I have alogin/password from around 2002 that still works...perhaps that's what you pay for nowdays.