Default November Weather

Hi all, unfortunately we had to cancel our July trip to CSS because my fiancé needed emergency surgery. The good news is he's going to be just fine. We are thinking of rescheduling for November, but are concerned about the weather. I know that hurricane season is worse in October. Does that carry into November? We always book July because it's off season (better rates), and the least likely month for storms. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sorry no one has responded to your question but I'll give it a shot. We have been visiting Jamaica since 1997 and generally go in late November to early December and we have always had great luck with the weather. In fact, we've never had a rainout day. There is a chance of a late hurricane and it does happen but the resorts know how to prepare and recover. When we were at CSS 2 years ago, there had just been a storm. Yes, there was an impact, mostly to Sunset Beach at CSS but it was only a minor nuisance.
    So, since you had to reschedule anyway, you should be safe in November! Good luck with your decision and hope your partner is recovering.
    Scott

We've been every year since 2009 in November and other than the usual afternoon showers, we haven't had any problems. That doesn't mean it can't happen; there was a close call a couple of years ago. But that is exactly why we chose November. We were married in September but no way were we taking a Caribbean vacation then. Late season hurricanes are rare. You can always get the insurance if it makes you feel better.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014