Default Margaritaville Ochos Ros

My wife and I were thinking of doing the late night trip to Margaritaville from CSS when we are there in a couple of weeks as something different to the normal evening drinking in the Balloon Bar etc so was wondering whether anyone can give me some details, I presume the trip is free and you tip the driver (if so how much each way?), is there an entry fee (I read on Tripadvisor about buying a glass for $12 (is this compulsory?), presume you buy drinks when there (if so any idea of costs etc), what is it (ie is a dance club/disco/bar etc) also how many tend to go each week from CSS an is it still just before midnight every Monday, what time do you return?. Basically from my questions I know nothing about the place so I am after any info that can help us decide whether its worth it or not?

Falcon,

You can see my response to this question under CTI Meetups March 14.

Jim

Not sure what exactly you are looking for. If you want something lively, I guess you could go here. If you just want to experience something off the resort, I would recomend a dinner at one of the fine restaurants in Ochi. Evitas or Toscanini are our favorites. Or if you just want a fun afternoon, vists Scotchies for a great fun lunch.

We did this trip in 2010. It is not your typical laid back Margaritaville scene. It is a night club scene at 11pm. We got back to the resort very late around 2am. We will not be doing this again. Just not our scene.

Quote Originally Posted by jim/linfusa View Post
    Falcon,

You can see my response to this question under CTI Meetups March 14.

Jim
    hi jim, please provide the link.

Falcon,
    We went expecting Buffett music and Raggae but all they played was Hip Hop. It was crowded and the drinks are expensive. We were very sorry we went and couldn't wait to get back to Couples. We would not recommend it. We went to Margaritaville during the day on our shopping excursion. It is in the Island Village shopping center.

My husband and I look forward to this every year. Yes, it is more like a club with hip-hop music but we like that. You get a souvinier cup regardless and you can choose whether or not to get them filled. I believe a margarita is $12, which I think is totally reasonable. The cups are huge and you only need to drink one or two at the most.

Falcon
    Just our personal experience... They transform Margaritaville into a night club on Monday nights (the bus leaves late at night and brings you back in the early morning). I found it to be a little too loud for my personal taste, but then again, I'm in my 50s, so it may be to your liking. We had gone with another couple and we took a taxi back to the hotel.

They also give you a "free" large souvenir cup, which they will fill with the frozen drink of your choice for a premium price. We usually go to margaritaville on a day when the cruise ships are in town, have lunch and a few cocktails, as margaritaville is at the cruise ship port in the shopping area, where the shop owners are not that pushy/rude, and know how to take a "no thank you" for what it means.

Again, the younger folks seem to really enjoy it, so give it a try, you may love it.

The beach Party is amazing! It's too bad that it's on the same night as the repeaters' dinner, as we found ourselves leaving right after dinner to head for the beach party.

Thanks everyone for you replies I think we will go in the day first and have a look around and then try the evening trip if we fancy a late night out for a change (jim/linfusa we are also in our 50s but we tend to forget that when we are on vacation, then suffer the consequences the following morning!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Not sure what exactly you are looking for. If you want something lively, I guess you could go here. If you just want to experience something off the resort, I would recomend a dinner at one of the fine restaurants in Ochi. Evitas or Toscanini are our favorites. Or if you just want a fun afternoon, vists Scotchies for a great fun lunch.
    Did you go to Scotchies or Scotchies Too?