Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Christians at Au Naturel Beaches and Tower Island

Do many Christians go to the nude beaches and to Tower Island at the Couples Resorts? If so, what are your thoughts on doing so as Christians?

Specifically, if you were hesitant at first, what makes you accept doing so now?

Also, what would you say to other Christians?

I do not see what one's religion would have to do with going to the nude beach. I am sure there are Christians, Muslims, Jews, and many other people who are secure in their faith and enjoy going to the nude beach. I think that one must be comfortable with yourself and realize that the other patrons of SSB do not really notice your bits and pieces. We are all on vacation. No one is asked to go against their social or moral beliefs. If you are curious try it, but I think if in your heart you would have guilt about trying it then you should listen to your heart. You will still have a great time. It is a lovely place. As far as what to say to other Christians--everyone enjoys private moments that we do not advertise to our friends and families. I think going to SSB would probably be one of the "private" moments. All of this is just my opinion. Above all things if you are having doubts go with your gut-- or pray on it.

If I recall my book of Genesis correctly, when the LORD God made Adam, he was nude. Eve was the same until the serpent tricked her. Thus it would appear that clothing is woman's creation, not God's creation. I see no issues with it from a religious stand point. Just my take.

If you have religious concerns, I think you are entitled to your opinion and I won't try to convince you otherwise. We all should be respectful of each others opinions and religious beliefs.

Yes, many go but you will get more responses on the au-natural thread.

Wife and I are Catholic and went to Tower Isle twice while there last summer.

Weren't we all made in the nude?

I've felt comfortable being nude for more than 30 years while the wife has gotten there in the last couple of years (partly do to the great time we had at Tower Isle) but it didn't have anything to do with her religious upbringing more about her self image.

If other Christians (or anyone else for that matter) asked and were genuinely curious I'd explain to them how relaxing it is and how comfortable we feel at those time, if they asked in an accusing or condescending tone then I'd simply tell them that my actions will be taken into account on judgement day and I'm ok with that.

First of all, I'm curious how you can tell someone's religion if they're naked. Shy of a yarmulke, a crucifix, etc...how do you know? Secondly...who cares what religion someone is? It's a beach, not a house of worship. Lastly, I would say that if you're questioning if it's appropriate for you religiously, then maybe it's not right for you. Would you feel guilty? Is there somewhere in your religion that forbids nude sunbathing or swimming?

How would you know? Why would you care?? Why would anyone care?

Honestly, if this is a priority for you, I doubt you would find AN a good fit.

Last edited by Nautical4life; March 9th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

I can see absolutely NO connection between being a Christian and nude beaches. Are you asking in terms of is it acceptable to wear a cross/crucifix necklace? If so, I have never seen any sign that jewelry is not allowed.

If you are asking more about it in terms of sexuality..... My guess is that your primary concern would be the biblical prohibition of adultery and "lusting" after one who is not your spouse. Honestly - if a person is of a moral character that adultery and lusting after someone else is an issue - do you *really* think that it matters if they are on a nude beach or the local neighborhood tavern?

If a person has a problem controlling "the heat and passion of their loins", I strongly advise avoiding any tropical vacations. Perhaps a relaxing stay in Siberia with the multiple layers of clothing required for warmth would be a better venue.

On the other hand, if you hold to the Christian belief that we are made in God's image, then you should truly enjoy being on a nude beach where you can fully appreciate the beauty of God's creations in all their myriad forms.
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

I never thought that enjoying being naked with your spouse in paradise was "unchristian?" Weren't Adam and Eve naked in the Garden of Eden?

I consider us as being Christian. We go to CSA....

Life is good

Is religion a major topic on AN beaches??

And weren't Adam and Eve nekkid before that whole apple thing came up??

I'd say don't worry and don't judge….just enjoy….

How are you supposed to know who is Christian and who is not? Of course they go, why would they not? We did. I suppose to answer what do you say..... Hi....!

Dunno. The topic of religion never comes up. It's a non-issue, really. The closest might be "Well, this is what god gave me..."

My wife and I are Christians and we enjoy the nude lifestyle. We have enjoyed The Couples nude areas for many years. I am not sure what your question is about this. We do not wear a Christian sign when we go. As we meet people and exchange what we do and what we are, it many times comes up that we are Christians. We have never had anyone mis-treat us because of it. We have also met many other Christians because it is a friendly atmosphere at couples nude areas.

If your question is a personal guilt thing, then thats a question only you can answer. We have no problem with it because we are not doing anything wrong. If this is your first time, I can see why you may have a mis-conception of what it is because many associate nudity with sex. These areas are nothing like that. In fact, It is not tolerated by the resort.

We are more comfortable there , than on any clothed beach we have ever been to. We have also become close friends with many other people of great character. Try it, You will find it very freeing. For us, it has been one of the best things that has happen to our marriage. We do not share this with family and friends because of the mis-conceotions of nudity.

Try it and enjoy each other.
    Bless you.

Not sure why anyone would wonder or care what the religious views of the other people on the beach might be. What would be the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    Yes, many go but you will get more responses on the au-natural thread.
    Thanks.

I realized I should have posted this question on the au naturel thread and reposted it there yesterday, but I have not seen it appear on that board as yet.

If it does not appear there by tomorrow, I shall post it there again.

Quote Originally Posted by clydealp View Post
    Do many Christians go to the nude beaches and to Tower Island at the Couples Resorts? If so, what are your thoughts on doing so as Christians?

Specifically, if you were hesitant at first, what makes you accept doing so now?

Is this a serious question??

It is only AN, nothing sexual us going on if that us what you're worried about.

I know that at the liquor store they don't acknowledge each other.

I would love to go. My hubby not so much. Well, he just flat out said NO! He is more modest than I am and just knows folks will be looking at our bits and pieces. I don't care about being a full figured white lady. Maybe next trip!

deleted
    Last edited by Allans_Angel; March 11th, 2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: delete

Really?! Who cares? Nobody we've ran into.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

My wife and I are Christians. When we meet other Christians at the nude beach at a resort here is what we say, (ready?)

"Hi! How are you?" They often say they are fine and ask about how our vacation is going....

I guess my point is that I am having hard time believing that the original post was serious.

I think many people are missing the intent of the question by the OP. I believe they are asking other Christians how they reconcile the general belief among Christians regarding public nudity with experiencing it for yourself at an AN resort.

Very odd thread...I don't understand with 90% of the resort not AN, why care? Go where you feel is moral and right, and leave others to do the same.

Live and let live.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast