Default Best located GVS building/room in resort?

Hi all!

Travelling to CSA early April 2014 for the first time and am wondering which GVS to request. I've been doing lots of research, but having a hard time finding any solid information to go on. Please, if you've stayed in these rooms, can you give me some input? If I could only track down a resort map with the accommodation buildings numbered, I'd be good to go.

Thanks so much in advance.

We like the older side a little better. We stayed in 1108 last trip and it was close to the lobby and Palms(not too close) and the foliage was thick and beautiful. Maybe a 3 minute walk to the beach. Just go and see where you end up

Here is a map a great MB friend sent me. Not sure of which are just the GVS. Trust me. I was just as nervous as you. The grounds are gorgeous, green and lush. Regardless of where it is, you will love it. Just go and have fun and relax. We have 225 sleeps until we are back in paradise. Enjoy it for us!
    Name:  CSA map (2).jpg
Views: 334
Size:  314.4 KB

We like the old section where the foilage is very thick. Blocks a lot of the sound at night from the Palms. Not to much foot traffic. I think it's building 2 but not positive on the number. Anyway it is the second building from the northern most corner. Road noise wasn't too bad but could be heard at times. After a day of sun and a few drinks it never bothered me.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

I like buildings 7,8 and 9. Sometimes from 7 if you are on the 3rd floor you have a view of the ocean.

We have stayed in the GVS and they are all buildings closest to the road! 3story buildings are the newer section and 2story are the older! We stayed in the three story last time and req a top floor for privacy! Stairs were not a issue for us and road noise didn't bother us! We were not able to get a end room! Our next visit we are going to req the older section and top floor! We had seen tiny crabs going under doors on ground floor rooms at night, both sides! Don't want that! We loved Swept Away!

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanlove View Post
    we have stayed in the gvs and they are all buildings closest to the road! 3story buildings are the newer section and 2story are the older! We stayed in the three story last time and req a top floor for privacy! Stairs were not a issue for us and road noise didn't bother us! We were not able to get a end room! Our next visit we are going to req the older section and top floor! We had seen tiny crabs going under doors on ground floor rooms at night, both sides! Don't want that! We loved swept away!
    crabs under the doors????

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingAnnie View Post
    crabs under the doors????
    Tiny crabs yes! Crabs are out at night! We seen some going under doors of rooms on ground floors! That may not happen everywhere on the property? We seen it at our building and a couple others! Some people looked like they blocked there doors with towels! We like the view from the higher floors and privacy! No crabs also!

I was looking for a ground floor room. But I seriously don't think I can deal with waking up in the night with crabs in my room.

I'm not a prissy princess by any means. But that I know will just freak me out!

Referencing the above map:

The boundary between the old section and new section is between buildings 7 & 8, an imaginary line running perpendicular to the beach.

Buildings 1 - 3 and 5 - 7 used to be Garden Suites (now included as Garden Verandah Suites)

Building 4 is the Main Lobby, check-in desk, a gift shop, Admin offices, etc.

Buildings 8 - 11 are Garden Verandah Suites

Buildings 12 - 15 are Ocean Suites

Buildings 16 - 27 are Atrium Suites

Buildings 29 and 34 - 41 are Beachfront Suites (I am not sure which ones are the Premier Beachfront Suites)

Buildings 42 - 45 are Beachfront Verandah Suites

The Great House Verandah Suites are located on the sea side of Building 46 (aka the Great House) and in Building 47 above the Cabana Grill.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

In five trips to csa, 4 staying on the first floor, I've never had a crab in the room. I've seen 1 on the walking path. Don't worry about that really!

Never seen a crab on the patio. Sometimes on the walkways but didn't see any this year.

We had a bottom floor GVS room in Bldg 7 last year. We both loved the room and patio. Our bathroom was previously renovated and had no issues with water overflow or crabs entering our room!! I know if that would have happened my wife would not be requesting the same level when we return in May!! We put our $20 down payment on a patio key (you get your money back if you return the key) and having access to the front and back doors was a great convience. Another great feature of getting a bottom floor is if you order pre-breakfast room service, they just lay your coffee and treats on your patio table and just give a nice quite knock on your door to let you know it has arrived, no getting up and letting them in the door, you wake up on your terms and start the day when you are ready!! Can't wait to return!!