Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: At CSA now

Default At CSA now

We are at CSA now and just wanted to give a few thoughts.
    Have been here a few times so can compare a few things.
    We were here last March and the beach is much wider this year. Able to walk way down towards Negril in nothing but sand.
    As far as staff goes I find them as friendly if not more than before.
    Service in all restraunts is great. Have read service at breakfast in Palms is slow but can't complain. No waiting for coffee etc.
    Seagrapes at lunch is the quickest have ever experienced.
    Only complaint is the wifi. You don't need a password anymore but find the service much slower this year. Maybe it is where we are located but not sure.
    If any questions will be glad to answer. Just depends on the service.lol

Are there any new activities? Are the menus any different? Any construction going on?

We were there last week. Great as always, however the wifi was CONSIDERABLY worse. Almost to the point of unusable.

Sounds great, enjoy! Let us know how everything went as a whole at the end! 65 days for us!!!

We were there 4 years in a row and each year the beach was different. The sand gets washed out during some storms but eventually finds its way back to the beach. It is in constant flux. Four years ago the beach was huge! Even in the center of the resort area. One year and two hurricanes later more than half was gone and the waves were lapping on the pavement at Seagrapes with sand bags being used to prop up a couple palm trees. The following year there was a good 40 feet back there but further down the beach you had to cut through a small resorts bar area to complete your walk along the beach. I asked a worker at the water sports shed where the beach went the second year we were there. His answer said it all. "It is out there and it will be back" he said as he pointed out toward the Caribbean waters. He was right.

We were at CSA the first week in December. It was our 5th trip and it was as awesome as ever, but we had wifi issues as well. We love the garden veranda suites on the new side close to the great house, but the wifi connection was painful. We spent the first night in the old section and the wifi was much better. Guess if we want to keep in touch with the kids while away we'll have to choose a room closer to the Palms. Enjoy the rest of your time in Paradise brennie!

That pretty much matches my experience from 2 weeks ago. Palms was the best it's ever been imo. And I don't remember ever seeing the beach this wide, so better enjoy it while you can.

Great!, Just what I didn't want to hear. A bigger beach! That means the walk from the dive hut, to the water's edge, is going to be further than last year!! Oh I just don't even know if I want to go now. Walking all that way, with a tank, walking in the warm sand, all that way to the warm water, until the tank floats and I am walking to the boat. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to grin and grin!!!! Can't wait to get wet!!!

Wondering if the Catamaran trip still goes to Ricks cafe from CSA? It did last time we were there but that was over 5 years ago.

Also, are there excercise classes (yoga, pilates) going on daily? We're coming on the 23rd and I really hope so!

Thanks in advance!
    Julia

Slow Wi Fi is a message from on high that your devices should be put away and to just enjoy Jamaica/Couples.

Hi brennie. We were there last week also. The beach was wonderful. We thought the food was the best ever out of our eight trips. Service was a bit slow at Patois one night. The wifi was spotty.

Life is good

absolutely jimpat1!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We never used wifi much before but when you have small kids at home you kinda have to checkin daily. My wife will worry all day if she couldn't talk to them at least once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    We never used wifi much before but when you have small kids at home you kinda have to checkin daily. My wife will worry all day if she couldn't talk to them at least once a day.
    Who do you leave your kids with that you have to worry about them so much? Must not be the grandparents cause, you know, they've already been there done that and apparantly with some success.

The catamaran sails down to Rick's where it pauses a little while to watch the cliff divers (weather permitting) and then sails back to CSA with a stop to swim along the way. There is yoga or pilates going on daily. To check out the schedule go to the CSA site, click on the activities link, and then the "view fitness schedule" link at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    The catamaran sails down to Rick's where it pauses a little while to watch the cliff divers (weather permitting) and then sails back to CSA with a stop to swim along the way. There is yoga or pilates going on daily. To check out the schedule go to the CSA site, click on the activities link, and then the "view fitness schedule" link at the bottom.
    Thanks for the feedback, I just wanted to confirm that the yoga and pilates classes actually ran everyday, because at CTI in Dec even though they said there was yoga none was offered the entire time we were there.

Looking forward to our CSA visit...2 more weeks.

Default Weather in December

Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    We were at CSA the first week in December. It was our 5th trip and it was as awesome as ever, but we had wifi issues as well. We love the garden veranda suites on the new side close to the great house, but the wifi connection was painful. We spent the first night in the old section and the wifi was much better. Guess if we want to keep in touch with the kids while away we'll have to choose a room closer to the Palms. Enjoy the rest of your time in Paradise brennie!
    Steve52

We are booked for CSA December 4 - 11. How was the weather the first week of December? We usually go in April and went once in July (it was hot). We are both retiring in a few months and have plans to travel lots.

I totally understand the kiddo thing! As sweet as Jamaica is, there is some crazy maternal instinct that pulls our thoughts back to those little ones!

We have an 18 month old with a history of health problems. When you leave the country you'd like to at least like to know they are doing ok from time to time so you don't worry.

Home now and had a great time. Service was great. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Two afternoons of rain but that was fine.
    Didn't do catamaran as was raining and done it before so we passed. Loved our atrium room. Maid service was not as great
    as consistently 3.30-4.00. Just nice to have it done some days a little earlier.
    On Thurs eve when usually talent show had a great singer in. Great voice. Not sure if they still have talent show as week before
    at piano bar.
    Have added Sun and Wed night buffet since last year. Not fans of buffets so worked around it.
    Didn't really see any large or obnoxious groups although during day always down by sunset bar.
    Did find some guests a bit rude with others though.
    As for using wifi we never get a room with TV so when come up from beach or back in evening like to scroll for a few minutes on
    Facebook and brag about my day in paradise.
    Ready to book next year.

Where were the buffets and were the other restaurants open?

What room do you all have?

Brennie,

We were there the same week. We ran into rude guests also. We had our table stolen twice during breakfast at the Palms. We always like to sit by the outside where people walk in from the pool deck. One morning we had full cups of coffee sitting on our table and another couple moved in while we were getting our food. This happened twice. Another morning we were on the pool deck and a couple replaced our napkins and silver ware with dirty ones of another table while we were gone. Again, we had coffee and our belongings on the table. This had never happened on any of our last seven visits.

Buffets were at the Palms and yes other restraunts were open.
    We were in Atriums.
    For breakfast in the Palms many guests would come in and seat themselves instead of going to the entrance and be
    seated by the hostess. We did see some sit down only to have people come back with their plates and someone sitting in their place.

Who is working at which bars?

We are back in 35 days and looking for our people.....shawn, diane, cindy, terrello, lincoln, oshane, and marlene?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast