Default CSS Blocks A and B Renovation update?

In asking here it seems that most people booking in the One Bedroom Beach Front Category seem to prefer Block A over Block B, and while most seem to say the prefer to be up as high as possible a few love being on the ground floor. If anyone has additional perspective and opinions to add to this I would appreciate reading them. Thanks!
    I have no idea what we will end up requesting upon arrival, but I know it will come down to what is available at the time. Never hurts to ask politely is the way I see it.

Can anyone tell me which block was in the process of having the rooms renovated? Also, any idea how many rooms have been renovated at this point? Just wondering if there will be construction we need to think about avoiding in mid-April or if there is a chance of actually spending our week in a new room!

Thanks very much!

I guess I am bumping my own original post. No info on any updates in Blocks A or B at CSS?
    Thanks for any info.

Curious about this also. We will be going in November for our first trip to CSS after two to CN. I know there was a post with some pictures of the completed room but didn't know how the work was progressing. Thank you in advance for any updates someone may have.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

I would like to know too! Heading there 4/21-4/30

from stalking the message board (as I have done for the past month... helps with counting down the days! only 36!) I have read that they only have ONE room finished, like a model room you can go in and view. I wish they would have them all done before we arrive, but on the other hand, since this is our first trip to Couples... it will be nice to see the rooms as they are now, then come back for our second visit to see them finished. kind of like a before and after

My understanding from speaking to Pierre in December after the repeaters dinner is that these rooms were never planned to be renovated until after high season. They will be done when the resort is not running at capacity. High season can be determined by looking at the rates. If the rates are high, it's high season.

S/F
    Scott and June

USMC7236, Scott and June - Thanks. Won't expect an update then till August or later. I know at CN they were still working on Building 1 when we were there in October last fall. I expect same time frame for CSS.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

We just returned last night from CSS. We were fortunate at the repeaters dinner to have Pierre sit with us. We had a great conversation with him. A class act he is. They have only the one room complete which serves as the model. Pierre opened it for viewing after the repeaters dinner at the request of one of the diners. He said all the rooms in A&B blocks would be renovated by this time next year but they won't start until after high season which I believe ends soon.... not exactly sure when. This was our 3rd stay at CSS(we have visited all 4) and we love the Beachfront rooms. B block 3rd floor is our preferred locale. My negative to A block is weak.... but, none the less. The year we stayed in A we overlooked the pool bar. As much as I love being in the environment that is a pool bar scene when I am relaxing on my balcony sipping a champagne with my other the clatter from said pool bar does not add to the ambiance. For that reason we prefer B. Either is a great spot to be. While we were there the Bella Vista Restaurant was and still is being renovated. They set a tent up on the lawn to serve in its place. All good. 329 days..... we miss it already. Jeff & Dawn

Thanks Jeff, we are coming for our 5th tiip at the end of October and were also hoping the renovation would be completed. We consider B-12 "Our Room" as that is the room we had on our honeymoon. But NOOOOOO others think it's there room. Now, I guess, noone gets it. When we were there last October it had been gutted from wall to wall. We can't wait (but must) to see how it is different then the 'old'.

How much longer on Bella vista would you say?

Thanks very much for the replies and the updates! Much appreciated!

jeffdawnNH - Did the subject of the renovation of Bella Vista come up at the Repeater Dinner? I was wondering if there is any chance it would be done soon since we arrive the second week in April. Thanks!

This makes me wonder. Would it be considered high or low season during July? We just booked a beachfront suite for July 6-13th, and now I'm worried we are going to have to listen to the sounds and sights of construction all day. I hope this isn't so.

July is typically considered off season. High Season is more from December to April, give or take a couple of weeks. That being said, we were at CN last year during October and they were working on Building 1 while we were there. We never noticed the construction. We also made acquaintances with people who were staying in Building 2 and they said that the construction didn't impact their stay at all. Building 2 had just been renovated right before we arrived.

Hope this helps.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

If couples is anything it is 'guest aware'. I believe when they were renovating "Our Room" lol B-12 they did not rent out B-11 or the room above B-12. So, I don't think construction disturbance will be an issue. Judy and I just wish we could get "Our" room back. BTW, we consider it 'our room' because that is the room we had for our honeymoon 9 years ago. We have been back every year since but only able to 'get lucky' (room wise) once.