Default Cat Cruise Funding Source?

I am curious - I know that the Cat cruise is not staffed by Couples employees, and tips are allowed/appreciated. Who actually pays for the trip and the booze etc....? I think knowing if the entire trip was covered by gratuities, it would definitely affect the size of the tips. However, I have a hard time seeing how tips alone could cover all the expenses related to this excursion.
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

I believe Couples hires a company to run the cat cruise for them. In other words, Couples pays this outside vendor and includes that in the price they charge each of us for our rooms. Fits right in with the All Inclusive concept.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I don't know for certain, but I would imagine that Couples sub-contracts the services out to the Cat cruise company, and that they get some sort of set rate for each trip they take. I can't imgaine they rely on an optional tip to fund the whole thing. That would be my best guess!!

Couples owns the cat at CTI.

I know at CTI last time the cat cruise was staffed by the couples watersports people. I did not notice any tipping going on.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    I believe Couples hires a company to run the cat cruise for them. In other words, Couples pays this outside vendor and includes that in the price they charge each of us for our rooms. Fits right in with the All Inclusive concept.
    This is exactly what happens. This is why you do not have to worry about anyone getting paid or how much you need to tip. It truly is all included.

It all depends on which Couples resort you're doing the catamaran cruise from. CTI's is staffed by Couples watersports people, as Woodbridgeata said. CSA and CN's is contracted by Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Couples owns the cat at CTI.

hmmm. are you talking about the hobbie cat? this thread is talking about the large Cat with booze on it. that is definitely NOT owned by Couples