Default What Precausions Did You Take Before The Wedding?

I was so hoping I could get married the day after arriving in Jamaica. So now knowing I can't get married until the 3rd day of our arrival, I think I should take some precautions before the wedding.

1. Limit drinking until after the big day (I sometimes get puffy the next day after drinking, even if it's only 1 or 2 drinks)

2. Limit the amount I eat (I don't want to be bloated the day of my wedding and worried about how my dress fits)

3. Plenty of sunscreen (Don't want to look burnt in my wedding photos)

Am I over analyzing things? Are any of you other brides thinking about some of these same things?

I got married at CSS in June. Always wear sunscreen and a hat before the wedding...even when it's cloudy! I was lucky enough to have my brother's girlfriend there who is a makeup artist and she made sure to remind me every second...she said there is no way to cover up sunburn! Wait to do the sun bathing until AFTER the wedding.

Also we went to Dunn's River the day before, I wouldnt suggest that until after the wedding. At one point I feel and scrapped my back, nothing bad (my hair covered it), but it's soooo slippery you could easily get hurt.

Congrats! You'll have an AMAZING time!

Quote Originally Posted by katieandbryan View Post
    I got married at CSS in June. Always wear sunscreen and a hat before the wedding...even when it's cloudy! I was lucky enough to have my brother's girlfriend there who is a makeup artist and she made sure to remind me every second...she said there is no way to cover up sunburn! Wait to do the sun bathing until AFTER the wedding.

Also we went to Dunn's River the day before, I wouldnt suggest that until after the wedding. At one point I feel and scrapped my back, nothing bad (my hair covered it), but it's soooo slippery you could easily get hurt.

Congrats! You'll have an AMAZING time!
    I'm going to book the zipline and horseback riding tours after the wedding. I'm now realizing that 7 days is just not enough. The first 3 days will be checking in, meeting with the wedding coordinator, meeting with Diana Campbell the photographer, then the actual wedding day etc. That really only leaves about 4 days for tours, letting loose etc. I wish we could have did 10 days instead. Oh well, this is our first trip to Jamaica but I'm sure it won't be our last.

Birth Control
    ... it keepsh me shane

We did the horseback riding and it was amazing! The best part is when the horse is up to their back in the ocean...it was truly one of the most exciting things I've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by katieandbryan View Post
    We did the horseback riding and it was amazing! The best part is when the horse is up to their back in the ocean...it was truly one of the most exciting things I've ever done!
    Katie - Is the horseback riding in Negril or Ocho Rios?

Quote Originally Posted by lovjamaica View Post
    birth control
    lol

mstravelbug-We did the horseback riding in Ocho Rios. We did a "private tour" which was only like $10 more per person (we had a group of 6)..it was through a place that the resort sends you to. You first go on a land trials down to the ocean, then you have time to get off and rest before the BEST part..the water! The horses seriously are up to their back in the water...running! It was an unforgetable expereince. Well worth every penny.

They really take wonderful care of the horeses too (which I'm a huge animal lover and was worried about). My brother's g/f rides often and owns horses and she said those were some of the best kept "trail" horses she had ever seen. Once we got back, the workers immediately bathed and fed them.

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    I was so hoping I could get married the day after arriving in Jamaica. So now knowing I can't get married until the 3rd day of our arrival, I think I should take some precautions before the wedding.

1. Limit drinking until after the big day (I sometimes get puffy the next day after drinking, even if it's only 1 or 2 drinks)

2. Limit the amount I eat (I don't want to be bloated the day of my wedding and worried about how my dress fits)

3. Plenty of sunscreen (Don't want to look burnt in my wedding photos)

Am I over analyzing things? Are any of you other brides thinking about some of these same things?
    You're not alone lol. I've been thinking the same stuff. I actually bought some strapless suits so I won't have tan lines. I also plan to spend most of my beach time on Sunset Beach so that will eliminate any tan lines anyway (wink).

As for activities I'm really accident prone so I've given up trying to avoid bumps, scrapes and bruises. That's what photoshop is for. I'm planning on doing the zip line tour at least prior to the wedding since I want to do it while my inlaws are still with us.

I think it's great that you're thinking about it but remember. Even if you're hung over, puffy, badly sunburned and covered in bruises you'll still have an amazing wedding and be a beautiful bride so don't spend too much time worrying about avoiding things and have the time of your life :-)