Default Flights Are Such A Crapshoot!!

So I booked our flights last July for our April trip (35 days yippee!!), paid about 200 more than usual total and have been watching prices stay pretty close to what I paid, up until today! . They are now about 80 bucks per ticket cheaper and better times too, ughh!! I'm not going to look anymore
    Last edited by softail19; March 13th, 2014 at 11:18 PM.

It pays to shop around. Our flight in Dec I paid $40 less for first class than what coach tickets cost.

Don’t stress about it. At least you are on a flight and sitting together. We booked a trip last October the day before we left. Best price on flights ever and we lucked out getting to sit together too. I wouldn’t recommend doing that though.

Life is good

That will be one nice thing about Southwest taking over Airtran's routes for us here in Baltimore. We'll be able to rebook on the same flight and get a credit for the fare difference...or make any other changes we need to without incurring big penalties of any sort. Sorry it's not working out for you on this one. Yup, when you can't change it, it's better not to look :-(.

Yes, very hard to guess what will happen on flight prices. We went on a cruise last month and our domestic airfare cost more than our 7 day cruise.

If I wait they go up, If I buy early they go down....

Tuesdays seem to be the best day, in our experience. Never re-check! LOL

Sorry softail19,

I booked our airfare today for August, I won't look again until a week or so before we go just to see if the flights changed at all.

We book early if the price is close to normal. Mostly for peace of mind. My worry is not getting on the early flight. Getting to paradise earlier than later outweighs saving a few bucks. Have fun.

Almost same thing happened to is. Didn't buy tickets right away. Prices went up. Prices went up more. Started getting nervous. Bought tickets. Within a week they prices had dropped $100/ticket. Ugh.

I agree...it's a crapshoot...darned if you do and darned if you don't. I know I shouldn't check prices once I book,but I can't help myself.

That's so gutsy! I love it! How did you book it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    Don’t stress about it. At least you are on a flight and sitting together. We booked a trip last October the day before we left. Best price on flights ever and we lucked out getting to sit together too. I wouldn’t recommend doing that though.

Life is good
    This is the one I meant to reply to about being gutsy!!

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    This is the one I meant to reply to about being gutsy!!
    My wife was having a really bad week. Probably her worst week ever. I joked “let’s run away to Jamaica”. I check my normal booking sights and found a great deal with Delta Vacations. Three days at CTI in an Ocean Front room and a great price. So, we booked it on Thursday noon and were in Jamaica noon the next day. The staff had to make a phone call at the airport lounge because we were too early to make the arrival list, but no problems. We sat by a couple on the plane on our way down to Montego Bay that had done the exact same thing last July. We really took advantage of every second we were there and that trip will be one of our most memorable trips for years to come.

Life is good :0

Softail... When will you all be there? 4/19-28 for us. Can't wait!! We started using Caribbean Air out of Fort Lauderdale after years of American Airlines out of Miami. The flight is about 10 minutes longer, but we cut: one hour drive to Miami. Parking at a hotel and paying for the parking. Shuttle bus to the airport. MIA hell lines. MIA hell customs on the return.

Caribbean Air? Took off thirty minutes EARLY in October! Did I mention... Can't wait til 4/19?!

Suzi, next time we go, I'll check that out, thanks. This flying flying stuff is getting tougher but what can you do if you want to get to our favorite place! We arrive on the 18th so see you on the beach!