Default Message Board Tips for Newbies

Thought I'd post a couple of tips for the boards... Everyone feel free to chime in!

1. Unlike Facebook, etc., your posts do not appear immediately. The moderator does an amazing job of approving posts and getting them up quickly (much more quickly than before!). No need to re-post if you don't see your thread right away!

2. You will get more accurate responses if you specify which resort you're going to, if your question is resort-specific. (Ie: what is the dress code for dinner? Or who is the best massage therapist?)

3. If you scroll through a page or three, you may see your topic is already posted, and you can instantaneously get your answers.

4. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Unlike looking at Trip Advisor, etc., here you will get honest, accurate answers that are specific to Couples Resorts.

5. Questions about rules and regulations are best answered accurately by viewing the Couples website.

Mainly, have fun and embrace the best resorts in Jamaica!!

One point to add --

The search feature is very powerful. You can search by specific board and then phrasing. As Suzi said above, your question may be answered so give the boards a look first.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    One point to add --

The search feature is very powerful. You can search by specific board and then phrasing. As Suzi said above, your question may be answered so give the boards a look first.
    This was a Great idea! All of my questions were answered. Didn't think about doing a search!
    Thanks

This message board was PRICELESS before our first trip. We booked about nine months out and had never been to Jamaica or Couples. We chose CSS based on this board, new what to pack, which drinks and food to order, knew the names of many members of the staff, decided to try SSB, understood when the gala and beach party would take place, learned about romance rewards....and I could go on and on. We try to check in regularly and add our two cents here and there because this is such a valuable resource and we benefited so much from it. It also helps us pass the time until our next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Nora View Post
    This message board was PRICELESS before our first trip. We booked about nine months out and had never been to Jamaica or Couples. We chose CSS based on this board, new what to pack, which drinks and food to order, knew the names of many members of the staff, decided to try SSB, understood when the gala and beach party would take place, learned about romance rewards....and I could go on and on. We try to check in regularly and add our two cents here and there because this is such a valuable resource and we benefited so much from it. It also helps us pass the time until our next trip.
    Agree, Nick and Nora! We start a countdown calendar the day we get back to Florida! 29 days to go....woohooo!

This board is priceless, in so many ways. Using search will really help you. I know we booked our first trip about 8 months before hand. I was on the boards, looking at pictures and basically learning as much as I could. When we arrived (CN) I felt as if I was indeed coming home. The pictures were coming to life as well as the personality of the resort that I had been reading about. I am a message board Junkie, still am to this day, and I read this board with just as much enthusiasm and yearning as did 6 years ago. It is funny that even though we have only been to CN and CSA, I feel like I could walk into the other two and be just as peaceful and calm. Is Good Mon!

Bump this up.

Look over the website completely. There is alot of information and pictures that will fill in some of the blanks when you ask your questions. Please look through the old threads as mentioned. 99% of everything has been covered in depth at least 5000 times.

Bumping this because I think it has great info!

Bumping up again... See you at CSA 4/19-28!! Woohoo!

In light of recent posts ie. What should I wear, can I buy rum cream, why are there no palapas, what should I pack....

I thought I'd resurrect this post.

For those who are new, you can search for a specific topic. There are a lot of great people here who are willing to provide info to you, but take the time to search for your topic...it's already out there. You may even find out how to get those insanely tight braids and beads out of your hair you had put in after one too many rum creams under your 6am palapa while wearing your flip flops before dinner where you have to put on slacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Thought I'd post a couple of tips for the boards... Everyone feel free to chime in!

1. Unlike Facebook, etc., your posts do not appear immediately. The moderator does an amazing job of approving posts and getting them up quickly (much more quickly than before!). No need to re-post if you don't see your thread right away!
    Hmm, so this isn't a noob-only thing? I've been wondering when it would change and my posts would show up without the wait... It's like that for everyone, then?