Default Wet Suites for Diving at CSS?

Hi everyone, will we need wetsuits for diving at CSS in May? We didn't go diving last time, but it was pretty darned hot... the water was coolish when we were there. so I'm wondering how cold it gets on the free dive. they can't take us that deep on an intro dive, right? I would rather bring a wetsuit than rent one some other guy's been wearing...

thanks all.

I go in a dive skin - DH brings a rash guard. Occasionally I get a little chilly towards the end of the dive but its never been enough to make me want to bring a full suit.

Amy

If you're not certified, I don't think they take you past 30 feet. I persnoally don't find it cold and have done it in my shorts and tshirt but most places I dive, they provide shorty wetsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc&Sue View Post
    If you're not certified, I don't think they take you past 30 feet. I personally don't find it cold and have done it in my shorts and tshirt but most places I dive, they provide shorty wetsuits.
    We already have 1 and 2 mm shorties. Will that be enough for the water down there? The last time I dived was out in Monterrey Cali where the water was murky and cold. But it was for a naui certification. So we went pretty deep and wore thick wetsuits.

I did the intro dive at the end of April last year and had a blast! We went down around 30-35 feet and it was amazing. no one on the dive complained about being cold. there were a couple of us wearing swim suits and tee shirts and a couple with full suits. I plan on doing the dive again this year and this time I have a rash guard top to wear (purchased during a recent dive class at home). hope this helps!

CSS does not have wetsuits. I dive with a dive shirt and do not get cold. My wife always brings a 3 mil full suit and sometimes gets cold. It just depends on how much natural insulation you have.

No, should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Divecouple View Post
    CSS does not have wetsuits. I dive with a dive shirt and do not get cold. My wife always brings a 3 mil full suit and sometimes gets cold. It just depends on how much natural insulation you have.
    Natural insulation... Ha ha. Neither of us have very much!

I dive with a skin (mainly for the protection from coral and critters) and have never gotten cold while diving at CSS
    CSS/SSB October 2009, October 2011, October 11-19, 2014!

Default tshirt & swim trunks

Hello; we went diving at CSS two weeks ago. My dive computer said the water was 81 degrees at a depth of 60'. I don't like cold & almost packed a wetsuit, but was very happy I did not. The dives were around 35 minutes and no one got cold. Have fun, it was great!