Default Blue Hole Exchange near Ochos Rios

Does anyone know if you can do a trip (through Couples) to the Blue Hole or do you have to book via a local tour guide or get a taxi? also, has anyone been?, we loved Dunn's River but it too busy and touristy so wanted something fun but not as crowded and the videos on Youtube make this place look good.

I've never heard of Blue Hole. What is it? (That may answer your question since we've been to CSS many times and I've never even heard of it.)
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Does anyone know if you can do a trip (through Couples) to the Blue Hole or do you have to book via a local tour guide or get a taxi? also, has anyone been?, we loved Dunn's River but it too busy and touristy so wanted something fun but not as crowded and the videos on Youtube make this place look good.
    Friends of ours went. It is not a tour operator as it is in the mountains and apparently not paved so only a few taxi's go up. It is worth it as I was told from friends. Hope this helps.

I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say. I've seen the youtube vids too. Curious!

There are a f ew Youtube videos, eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPpQuwwJcdU - it looks like there are a few pools, waterfalls and you can jump off the rocks and all without too many tourists like Dunn's river

Do you mean the Blue Lagoon swim with the dolphins?

Book at the travel desk.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    Do you mean the Blue Lagoon swim with the dolphins?

Book at the travel desk.
    No Blue Hole is different. I never heard of it either in past trips but I Googled it and it looks incredible.

I read about someone taking a cab out there, arranged through the resort desk. the guy charged a fixed amount and waited all day while the people enjoyed the blue hole. personally, I probably would just stay on the resort. life is so good at san souci, i don't feel the need to venture out. besides, i've already paid the all inclusive rate. why pay more for something else when it's incredible where you are?

Found on facebook a link for a tour operator http://www.courtneytaylortours.com/ hope it helps.

We just came back from CSS and went to the Blue Hole. The Tour Desk arranged a cab for us from the resort. The cab picks you and takes you there, stays until you are done and then brings you back. The cab charged $60 for the round trip total for the 2 of us, which they told the resort in advance. We had talked to some other guests at the resort who had organized the cab themselves for $50 round trip. We liked using the resorts cab service. We were told at the time of booking the cost of the cab as well as the recommended amount to the tip the guide at the Blue Hole (they told us $15/person). We arranged it the morning of, but they prefer a days notice so they can accommodate the time you want to go better. We did both Dunns River and the Blue Hole in the same day - it was a perfect day! We had breakfast then left for Dunns River at 10:30 and got back at 12:30, had lunch and then left for the The Blue Hole at 1:30 and got back around 3:30. We enjoyed the Blue Hole way more then Dunns River

My wife and I went to the Blue Hole this past December. It was the highlight of our trip. It is VERY rustic and there was only one other couple there when we went. Nothing like Dunn's Falls. I have the name of a great local tour operator but the moderators wo't let me post it here. Send me an e-mail to "usmc7236@yahoodotcom" and I'll send you his information.

S/F
    Scott and June

Quote Originally Posted by tewkewl View Post
    personally, I probably would just stay on the resort. life is so good at san souci, i don't feel the need to venture out.
    I strongly encourage you to venture out and see the real Jamaica. We like to live the fantasy as well, but the reality is also beautiful.