Default A Couple of Questions for CSS

Hi, I am going on my honeymoon to CSS 10/26-11/1. My soon-to-be hubby has some questions:

1. What is the temperature of the water during this time of year? I've heard Oct. is their rainiest season, is it a warm rain or a cold rain? We're concerned about being in the water if it's too cold.

2. Are there any jet skis? Maybe as an extra cost?

3. Are we able to transfer to CTI to do their horseback riding? The FAQ's is unclear to me. It says you can't transfer to do excursions, does this count as an excursion? I am a Romance Rewards member, and I was planning on using the Trading Places program to go to CTI purely for the horseback riding.

4. Are there waves or is the shore pretty calm?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joleen View Post
    Hi, I am going on my honeymoon to CSS 10/26-11/1. My soon-to-be hubby has some questions:

1. What is the temperature of the water during this time of year? I've heard Oct. is their rainiest season, is it a warm rain or a cold rain? We're concerned about being in the water if it's too cold. It is a warm rain and the water is also warm

2. Are there any jet skis? Maybe as an extra cost? Did not see any Jet ski's in July.

3. Are we able to transfer to CTI to do their horseback riding? The FAQ's is unclear to me. It says you can't transfer to do excursions, does this count as an excursion? I am a Romance Rewards member, and I was planning on using the Trading Places program to go to CTI purely for the horseback riding. Horse back riding is a excursion that you have to sign up for, so it is not included under the trading places program

4. Are there waves or is the shore pretty calm?In July the sea was calm with small waves.

Enjoy CSS
    Irie Mon

1. Never been that time of year but at the end of Sept the water is very pleasant.

2. No you would have to go off-site to do jetskis (thank goodness I hate the noise!)

3. No horseback riding is an excursion.

4. The main beach is in a cove and the water is very calm.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Joleen View Post

1. What is the temperature of the water during this time of year? I've heard Oct. is their rainiest season, is it a warm rain or a cold rain? We're concerned about being in the water if it's too cold.

2. Are there any jet skis? Maybe as an extra cost?

3. Are we able to transfer to CTI to do their horseback riding? The FAQ's is unclear to me. It says you can't transfer to do excursions, does this count as an excursion? I am a Romance Rewards member, and I was planning on using the Trading Places program to go to CTI purely for the horseback riding.

4. Are there waves or is the shore pretty calm?

1. The water is warm that time of the year. If it does rain it is a warm rain. As far as wind, it depends if it is a storm

2. There are no Jet Skis available on property at CSS. You would have to go to Ocho Rios Village to find them. They would be extra cost
    3. Horse riding is not an included excursion at CSS and if you use trading places to go to CTI you will not be able to use the horeseback ridingIf you want to do horseback riding you have to arrange an offsite excusion at extra cost.

4. There are really no waves at CSS. If any they are considered very calm

1. What is the temperature of the water during this time of year? I've heard Oct. is their rainiest season, is it a warm rain or a cold rain? We're concerned about being in the water if it's too cold. October is the rainest month in Jamaica. But also remember that you are in the tropics. Even at their coldest, the temperature doesn't drop below 70 so the water is always warm. In the tropics, the rain showers are warm and typically brief. No worries, mon! I've posted pics below of the rain and temp averages so you can see them.

2. Are there any jet skis? Maybe as an extra cost? Not at CSS. The beach is completely private, so there aren't any vendors or public beach access. However, if you would like to set up a jet ski ride, you can do so at the tour desk (it would be an additional cost) and go into Ocho Rios (CSS sits just east of town)

3. Are we able to transfer to CTI to do their horseback riding? The FAQ's is unclear to me. It says you can't transfer to do excursions, does this count as an excursion? I am a Romance Rewards member, and I was planning on using the Trading Places program to go to CTI purely for the horseback riding. No you cannot do the horseback riding under the Trading Places program. The rule states that if you visit another Couples, you can participate in any activity that does not require reservations - horseback riding does. You can pay for a horseback riding excursion at the tour desk. Here's the link to the full Trading Places rules: http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#Can...ouples_Resorts

4. Are there waves or is the shore pretty calm? It's completely calm. If there is a storm off shore, you might get some choppy waves, but nothing crashing. I've attached a pic of it too.

I'd be happy to share our CSS pics if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). Have a great honeymoon!
    Last edited by Amy; November 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

1) The water temp anywhere in the Caribbean in October is very, very warm. I would say at least in the mid-80s. There is no such thing as a cool rain in that part of the Caribbean this time of year.

2) No jetskis at CSS - there is a reef that runs parallel to the shore. A jetski could damage the reef.

3) The horseback riding at CTI is part of the included excursions for CTI only. My understanding is you can't partake of this excursion on a trading places pass. You could talk to the concierge at CSS, and they can arrange horseback riding for you (for a fee).

4) Very minimal waves, again because the reef protects the shore to some extent. However, all bets are off if a hurricane or tropical storm comes anywhere close to Jamaica.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the answers!