Default How do you pass the time?

The countdown on my phone shows 409 days. *sigh... Feeling that yearning for the time to pass quickly. Winter may be lessening its grip on us here in Wisconsin, so spring is near, but to think I have to go through another winter before going home just makes me

What do you do to pass the time?

Stacey&Pete
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015

My wife & I do "pizza/wine date night" nearly every week (in NJ, you can generally BYO to any restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol...makes for a budget date night). We find that on nearly every pizza/wine date night we talk about Couples...either reflecting on past trips or planning the next.

Stacey & Pete - go on a pizza/wine date night and report back to let us know if it helped.

Read this forum, put red "X"'s on the calendar to mark the countdown. Get Red Stripe at the local beer distributor and start drinking it.

Duane & Mary

409??? I'd hop on a plane at the 200 mark to ease the pain!

Incessantly check this message board, listen to Marley while cleaning, cooking, etc. Shop for beach apparel!!! Oh and annoy my coworkers by announcing how many days til Jamaica every morning!! 51 days!

Lots of Bob Marley music... Pictures... I ordered the calendar from the ISSA Foundation. And I spend way too much time on this message board! Only 80 days until we are home though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Lots of Bob Marley music... Pictures... I ordered the calendar from the ISSA Foundation. And I spend way too much time on this message board! Only 80 days until we are home though!!!
    We do the same.. Every night, Bob Marley radio on Pandora is playing, our screen savers and wallpapers are all pictures from our last trip to CSS, even got the calendar too... 86 days and we'll be home to CN!

Dream, Dream more and the message board...

Spend an exorbitant amount of time on the message board. Look at new pics people post on trip advisor. Shop online for new vacation clothes. Date nights (usually at home after our kids are asleep) spent reminiscing about our last trip and planning our future trip. Lots of Bob Marley on our "CSA" spotify playlist. We booked our trip a year out too and are finally in double digits! As a fellow (former) wisconsin-ite I can totally empathize with your winter. Here's hoping that spring comes soon and that next winter passes quickly as well!

It is totally tough to do. We left Couples Negril 21 days 3 hours and 50 minutes ago. Sad. But in 216 days 4 hours and 19 minutes we should be walking in to the lobby of Couples Swept Away. Happy. Always having at least one trip in the hopper, makes it go somewhat more easily.
    Last edited by smroot; March 20th, 2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Days since leaving Couples Negril were way off.

Love the replies! Keep them coming.

Everytime I come to the message board, I turn spotify on to my Jamaican play list.
    Red stripe sounds wonderful, I will be on the lookout. Maybe hubby and I will make it a once a month pizza/red stripe night until we go (only 13!).
    I haven't looked at TripAdvisor in so long, I shall go take a gander.
    Vacation clothes!? Yes please. Although I'm losing weight (down almost 10lbs in 4 weeks) so not sure what to buy.

My husband recently put up our CSS metal prints in our bathroom and bedroom. I'll have to post some pics.

1. Read the entire message board (yes, I did, lol)
    2. Read the entire TripAdvisor Negril message board (Working on it. It's not as good, lol.)
    3. Google Image search for pictures of Jamaica and/or your resort.
    4. Check out pics on TripAdvisor
    5. Shop online for swimsuits & clothes
    6. Make the most anal-retentive list of stuff regarding your trip, ever: What to pack, what you need to buy before, what gifts or whatever you want to buy there, stuff to do before you leave your house, etc.
    7. Get all your stuff in order (we have kids & before our first international trip, I wanted wills done, instructions for sitters, etc)
    8. Look at your own pics from past trips, if applicable (if not, check out the old contest threads here)
    9. Research the schedules, etc. (may want to wait til it's a bit closer, or double check later) and make a list of what you can do on which days, so you know how to plan around. Ex. if you want to book a private dinner but don't want to miss the gala, or beach party.
    10. Get it on with your partner. Always a crowd pleaser, lol.
    11. Take lots of walks (helps you get in shape for walking the beach!)
    12. Thank God that you are fortunate enough to go.
    13. Spend time with your kids, if applicable, since you'll be leaving them for your trip.
    14. Take up a new, time-consuming hobby such as wood carving or knitting and immerse yourself in it, just to pass the time.
    15. Get on the Couples message board, find this post, and help others pass by the time that is passing wayyyyy too slow. (Check!)

Can you tell I've had time to think about this? lol
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014

Love #10 bahahaha!!! And #12, so true!! How blessed are we?

Quote Originally Posted by MBMon View Post
    1. Read the entire message board (yes, I did, lol)
    2. Read the entire TripAdvisor Negril message board (Working on it. It's not as good, lol.)
    3. Google Image search for pictures of Jamaica and/or your resort.
    4. Check out pics on TripAdvisor
    5. Shop online for swimsuits & clothes
    6. Make the most anal-retentive list of stuff regarding your trip, ever: What to pack, what you need to buy before, what gifts or whatever you want to buy there, stuff to do before you leave your house, etc.
    7. Get all your stuff in order (we have kids & before our first international trip, I wanted wills done, instructions for sitters, etc)
    8. Look at your own pics from past trips, if applicable (if not, check out the old contest threads here)
    9. Research the schedules, etc. (may want to wait til it's a bit closer, or double check later) and make a list of what you can do on which days, so you know how to plan around. Ex. if you want to book a private dinner but don't want to miss the gala, or beach party.
    10. Get it on with your partner. Always a crowd pleaser, lol.
    11. Take lots of walks (helps you get in shape for walking the beach!)
    12. Thank God that you are fortunate enough to go.
    13. Spend time with your kids, if applicable, since you'll be leaving them for your trip.
    14. Take up a new, time-consuming hobby such as wood carving or knitting and immerse yourself in it, just to pass the time.
    15. Get on the Couples message board, find this post, and help others pass by the time that is passing wayyyyy too slow. (Check!)

Can you tell I've had time to think about this? lol

Aside from everything everyone mentioned above, which I've done besides Pizza and Wine night (that sounds awesome!), I also look at this daily. Consider the time difference but its so fun around happy hour to watch people jump from the cliffs not necessarily 100% coherent and think about how they'll feel that in the morning. If your going to Negril, its great to just peek and see what the weather is like that day and later in the evening, they actually point the camera at the sunset for the day then the live band starts and I hear them play as I work. This has really helped me get through the days. I just keep it as an open window as I work away... 317 days seemed like forever then... Now I sit here with just 8 days remaining till we are at CSA! Enjoy the link...

http://www.earthcam.com/world/jamaic...?cam=rickscafe

Thanks for sharing this link!!! One more thing for me to obsess about!

Quote Originally Posted by MsBehave03 View Post
    Aside from everything everyone mentioned above, which I've done besides Pizza and Wine night (that sounds awesome!), I also look at this daily. Consider the time difference but its so fun around happy hour to watch people jump from the cliffs not necessarily 100% coherent and think about how they'll feel that in the morning. If your going to Negril, its great to just peek and see what the weather is like that day and later in the evening, they actually point the camera at the sunset for the day then the live band starts and I hear them play as I work. This has really helped me get through the days. I just keep it as an open window as I work away... 317 days seemed like forever then... Now I sit here with just 8 days remaining till we are at CSA! Enjoy the link...

Quote Originally Posted by MsBehave03 View Post

Thanks for sharing the link! We are going to CSS, but this is fun to watch. 379 days and counting...