Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can't wait either My Beautiful Doll! vcalhoun

Quote Originally Posted by killafee View Post
    Congrats on booking Couples Negril! My husband and I will be there in May and couldn't be more stoked!! So basically this is a BEACH vacation. This might sound pretty obvious, but we'd been on a ton of vacations before and until we went to a Couples resort....we didn't quite understand the difference. I have learned now to bring about 10 different bikinis, a bunch of cover-ups, flip flops, and dresses for night time. THAT'S IT for clothes. I've packed shorts, skirts, t-shirts, bermuda shorts...etc....and have never unpacked them. I found that all I wore all week tended to go from bathing suit to cover up to cute dress at night. My husband felt the same. Board shorts for day and nice outfits for dinner. DONE.

Other than that....tons of sunblock, a camera, book to read at the beach (if that's your thing), ipod for the system they have in your room, and straws are NOT a bad idea, I'm not gonna lie. Especially if you want to sip your drink while lying down.

Sidenote....you can save some room in your luggage and just go to the AN side during the day. We're doing this, but I'm still bringing a bunch of bathing suits because you can't go paddleboarding, kyaking, snorkeling, etc...without them.

Laura
    Agreed. That is exactly what I pack for clothes. I've never needed/worn anything else.

Thanks for the "TIPS", We are very excited to experience this place! This is a great way to learn about the resort and to make the experience pain free!

Somebody help me with the men's closed toes shoes for dinner night? I don't want to bring uncomfortable shoes and don't know what type shoes I need to get.
    Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by kev3la View Post
    Somebody help me with the men's closed toes shoes for dinner night? I don't want to bring uncomfortable shoes and don't know what type shoes I need to get.
    Pictures?
    Boat shoes (i.e. Sperry's) look great with shorts AND long pants. 6pm.com always has great sales. They are classic, look great, and are comfortable (according to my husband, at least.). He battled with this for like 3 other vacations and found random shoes that didn't quite work. He finally grabbed a pair of boat shoes and hasn't looked back since. Keep in mind you don't have to wear dress shoes every night for dinner - just Othaiete I think?
    Laura

First time in Jamaica for me too. Hubby is taking me to CN June 7-14th for my 50th B-day...69 days to go!

kev - check out the amazon link. I get crocs like these. Casual, comfortable, light, can be worn without socks, and meets the dress code.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005Q1...110_SY165_QL70

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    kev - check out the amazon link. I get crocs like these. Casual, comfortable, light, can be worn without socks, and meets the dress code.

Love your style! Our favorite place to shop too.

Thanks!

I went to Bob"s shoes got a pair of nice natural canvas shoes. Can wear them without socks and with every purchase Bob's donates a pair to impoverished
    people!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

This is the exact pair my husband has and absolutely loves them. The are good with shorts or long pants, are lightweight and pack very easily. That's all he takes other than flip flops.
    I just take flip flops and 1 pair of a "universal" sling type strappy shoe to wear with my beachy sundress for nighttime.
    You will not need nearly as much as you think. We pack only carry on for our 10 day vacations.
    Have a great time.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

CN June 7-14, first trip to Jamaica for me and the me and hubby...anyone else there that week?

Question # ?......Is the schedule for the week always the same? My wife is a planner and we are trying to mark off what we want to do each day we are there....June 20-27!

I say, throw caution to the wind!! Don't plan a thing until you get there. My last trip, I had all the activities highlighted I wanted to try on each day.. I felt like a bum when I didn't complete any of them. You don't want to set yourself up for disappointment if an activity doesn't end up happening that day, or when sand-gravity kicks in and you end up not doing half the things you thought long and hard about doing... Wait until you get there. Just a suggestion from one planner to another.

I am thinking about finding a place to zipline while we are in Jamaica.....Any ideas or should I leave that one alone?

Quote Originally Posted by redy4vac View Post
    This is the exact pair my husband has and absolutely loves them. The are good with shorts or long pants, are lightweight and pack very easily. That's all he takes other than flip flops.
    I just take flip flops and 1 pair of a "universal" sling type strappy shoe to wear with my beachy sundress for nighttime.
    You will not need nearly as much as you think. We pack only carry on for our 10 day vacations.
    Have a great time.

I am curious, how do you get away with carryon only? I understand using the resorts shampoo and soap, but what about shaving cream, hairspray, or most importantly, sunscreen? We would love to be able to pack carryon only, but not at the cost of not having sunscreen, or having to buy the overpriced stuff on resort.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Chukka has a ziplining excursion nearby. We went on one while at sans souci and loved it! You can book it through the tour desk, and they will take care of all the transportation. If i remember correctly, the one near negril has a line that is about a quarter mile long, and spans between two mountains, crossing over the river valley below. Can someone confirm this is the correct company that has this line?
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Thanks sweetnessinthesand, I will be looking back to see if anyone else post about the zipline. I too would like to know how to get by without taking so much luggage but If I know my wife, we will take the closet.........Right Virginia?

Oh, it's tempting to take the entire closet but actually I'm trying to get into the carefree vacation mode and take way less than I would normally. We shall see if I can do it. Getting super excited to go! I'm trying not to look at all the pics so I am surprised when I get there.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    I am curious, how do you get away with carryon only? I understand using the resorts shampoo and soap, but what about shaving cream, hairspray, or most importantly, sunscreen? We would love to be able to pack carryon only, but not at the cost of not having sunscreen, or having to buy the overpriced stuff on resort.
    I take a tube of the conditioner for coloring my hair and use that for shaving. What's left can be thrown away. Works perfectly, actually better than shaving cream.
    No hairspray or makeup for me. I don't use it at home and surely don't use it in hot humid conditions.
    We are not sun worshipers, we love to sit in the shade watching the ocean or reading. We pretan a little before our trips. No need for sunscreen.
    Bug wipes instead of bug spray, etc.
    I notice many vacationers with carry on only. We know what we don't need to drag along. It might not work for everyone, but it works for us.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Something tells me we will be checking a bag and carrying on one each! Thanks for the great ideas and keep them coming. I am looking for this to be the most relaxing week Ive ever had....Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Oh and fun!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2