Default Celebrities at Couples?

I just saw a blurb on the internet that Cameron Diaz vacationed in Jamaica recently (no resort name was mentioned). That got me to thinking - has anyone ever run into a guest at Couples that was a celebrity in some fashion?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't recognize too many famous people or know their names. If it happened to be someone I was aware of, I think I would take a moment to thank them for the entertainment they have provided, and then just simply treat them like any other guest. Heck, the sun doesn't shine any more brightly on famous people than it does on the rest of us!
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

Returning from CTI a few years ago, we picked up several couples from CSS and they commented that Barbara Eden (remember "I Dream of Jeannie?") had been a guest during their time at the resort.

Sherri Shepherd was at CSS and put a short video clip on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6e6isA83LU
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I have not seen any celebrities, but so many of them are not recognizable in person. I have met some at other venues and always treated them just like anyone else. I got to drink coffee with Richard Petty once at Harrahs in Las Vegas, he was sitting alone and offered me a seat.

Well... I FEEL like I'm a celebrity when I'm at Couples.

We have been vacationing in Jamaica for like 30 years and LOTS of celebrities have always vacationed there. The truth is that it's just simply a non-issue to me if a 'celebrity' is at my resort or not. It's almost funny or perhaps sad how some people react when they see even a minor celebrity when they are on vacation. Just a different mind set I guess. I will say that if a celebrity is smart (and I fear many are not...) they would vacation at Couples!

While I was at CTI last April we saw Crabracer there!!! LOL

Lennox Lewis was there our first trip. In 2011 there were 2 chicks from CSI tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    While I was at CTI last April we saw Crabracer there!!! LOL
    Omg, hilarious and true!

I would think that most celebrities are so sick of the attention that they would just love to get away and relax without crowds pressing on them all the time. Well, I think *most* celebrities would feel this way. I remember once many years ago I saw an RV at the state fair grounds. This RV had "FAMOUS NATIONAL CELEBRITIES" painted on both sides. I remember thinking at the time that there was someone who was desperately screaming for more attention than they deserved!
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

Seriously.. in my younger days I did some part time work as "personal security" aka body guard. I have had the pleasure of having many MLB stars as clients and now friends. The vast majority of these people are just like us, they want to be treated like the rest of us. They understand that they are a celebrity and what comes with it. While on vacation they want to blend into the scenery, become obscure. There are exceptions though. The best way to act when you see one is simply a nice hello and go on with your holiday. It will be appreciated, if they want to pursue the conversation they will. Coming home to CTI in August!!!

Celebrities go places like Necker Island and rent the whole place for absurd prices "starting at $62,000" per night. Doubt they'd be hanging out with the likes of us peasants at Couples. :-D

http://www.villasofdistinction.com/v...necker-island/

I had no reply to this thread until I searched for CSA videos on YouTube. The funny thing is that this celeb currently plays for my home town Cincinnati Bengals.

Happy & Safe Travels!

=

In 2012, we had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with Luddy Samms of the Drifters who happen to be entertaining at CTI one evening.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    I had no reply to this thread until I searched for CSA videos on YouTube. The funny thing is that this celeb currently plays for my home town Cincinnati Bengals.

Aha. We sat close by to this couple when they were on the beach and people kept stopping and talking with them or taking photos. We didnít have a clue who they were but thought they must be important. Now we know.
    Life is good

We met Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce at CN in 2008, the fall after she had won her 100m gold medal in Bejing. Of course, Jamaica is her home, but she was spending some downtime at CN.

Interesting. I just watched the Sherri Shephard youtube video that Janicek linked. In it Sherri says her husband is currently at the au-natural beach. We all know that's a no-no. You must go to the au-natural area as a couple.