Default CSA in November - Weather and Bugs?

We are finally returning to paradise (aka Swept Away) next November! After spending our seven day honeymoon there in May 2012, we knew we had found a very special place and brand in Couples. Beyond excited to be returning for ten days this time 11/7/15 - 11/17/15 and only wish it could be sooner! Read through many of the reviews on here but would love some more detailed feedback on:

Weather
    Many reviews say it can rain in the afternoon but is otherwise not too bad in November. Not as concerned about rain because you cannot predict those things. As for temperature, does it get a bit cooler at night (and I use the term "cool" losely as it is still Jamaica)? We found the temperature at night in May prevented us from fully enjoying Lemongrass and some of the other outdoor areas at night, though that could have been due to my next question (from which my body felt hotter due to my reaction)...

Bugs
    I feel like less of an allergy anomaly after reading through these threads regarding bugs/reactions, but I too am among the small percentage who experienced a severe reaction to the sand fleas during our first visit (I even had to get a shot from the on site Nurse). Obviously this is no fault of Couples (do not be scared newbies!) and I have had similar reactions these past few years in other locations due to bugs (just my body being angry). I have read on here about loading up on a B1 vitamin in advance (something I am eager to try out on our East coast mosquitoes this summer), and will also be visiting a new allergist to try to develop a strategy and prevent this on our next trip. My question is - those of you who have traveled to CSA in October/November, are the bugs any better? The nurse who treated my reaction on our first trip (which was in May) said that the bugs are worse that time of year. Hoping that perhaps they will be a bit better in the Fall?

Thanks in advance for any insight. So excited to officially be "repeaters" and looking forward to the first of many repeat visits!

Default Perfect weather no bugs

Quote Originally Posted by emcollins3 View Post
    We are finally returning to paradise (aka Swept Away) next November! After spending our seven day honeymoon there in May 2012, we knew we had found a very special place and brand in Couples. Beyond excited to be returning for ten days this time 11/7/15 - 11/17/15 and only wish it could be sooner! Read through many of the reviews on here but would love some more detailed feedback on:

Weather
    Many reviews say it can rain in the afternoon but is otherwise not too bad in November. Not as concerned about rain because you cannot predict those things. As for temperature, does it get a bit cooler at night (and I use the term "cool" losely as it is still Jamaica)? We found the temperature at night in May prevented us from fully enjoying Lemongrass and some of the other outdoor areas at night, though that could have been due to my next question (from which my body felt hotter due to my reaction)...

Bugs
    I feel like less of an allergy anomaly after reading through these threads regarding bugs/reactions, but I too am among the small percentage who experienced a severe reaction to the sand fleas during our first visit (I even had to get a shot from the on site Nurse). Obviously this is no fault of Couples (do not be scared newbies!) and I have had similar reactions these past few years in other locations due to bugs (just my body being angry). I have read on here about loading up on a B1 vitamin in advance (something I am eager to try out on our East coast mosquitoes this summer), and will also be visiting a new allergist to try to develop a strategy and prevent this on our next trip. My question is - those of you who have traveled to CSA in October/November, are the bugs any better? The nurse who treated my reaction on our first trip (which was in May) said that the bugs are worse that time of year. Hoping that perhaps they will be a bit better in the Fall?

Thanks in advance for any insight. So excited to officially be "repeaters" and looking forward to the first of many repeat visits!
    Were at CSA November 26 - December 4... 7 days of sunshine, perfect beach weather during the day but not too stifling to prevent us from playing tennis. Perfect temp at night so that even long pants were OK on Feather's night (as was Lemongrass). 20 minutes of rain one night at 4am. Brought a can of bug spray, didn't use it... day or night.

We were at CSA in Novemeber 2012 and will be returning home in 230 days.

Every day was full of sun, we had no rain at all. Temps into the 80's during the day perfect beach weather. Cool in the evenings, wifey usualy carried a sweatshirt.

No bugs to speak of during the day but definitely attacked by sand fleas during strolls on the beach at night time. All of the bug remedies listed here and other threads worked well. Just needed to remember to put it on before we went to dinner.

Thank you both for the insight - much appreciated! Good news on both accounts, and looking forward to the evenings being slightly more comfortable. Now if only there was a way to make the next 595 days until our arrival go by quicker! : )

Don't know if I'm late to this party, but we've gone to CSA during the Thanksgiving holiday, and LOVE it then! The days are warm and sunny, the water isn't as warm as in the summer, but it's still great for lounging in with your floatie, and the nights are generally in the 70's. The humidity is still there, but not as bad as in the summer.

Have fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Don't know if I'm late to this party, but we've gone to CSA during the Thanksgiving holiday, and LOVE it then! The days are warm and sunny, the water isn't as warm as in the summer, but it's still great for lounging in with your floatie, and the nights are generally in the 70's. The humidity is still there, but not as bad as in the summer.

Have fun!!!!
    Thank you! Not late at all and appreciate every bit of insight. Glad to hear the consensus so far is that it will be a *bit* cooler at nights. Hopefully between vitmain B, better bug spray and reapplication, and a visit to the allergist the bugs will leave me alone and then everything will be perfect! So excited...wish we were going today!

Emcollins3, we have been to Couples numerous times in Sept-Nov. The sand flees never bothered me until this last trip in September 2012. While I did not have a reaction like the one you described I did find the bites extremely itchy and somewhat bothersome. Since most of our trips have been in Oct/Nov and it was not a problem we will be returning to CSA on 11/3-12. You mentioned the East Coast...where are you from? We are from RI and with us living on the water we have to have our yard sprayed to be able to sit in it during Mosquito season. Hope to see you there. Julie & Ric

Quote Originally Posted by JulRic View Post
    Emcollins3, we have been to Couples numerous times in Sept-Nov. The sand flees never bothered me until this last trip in September 2012. While I did not have a reaction like the one you described I did find the bites extremely itchy and somewhat bothersome. Since most of our trips have been in Oct/Nov and it was not a problem we will be returning to CSA on 11/3-12. You mentioned the East Coast...where are you from? We are from RI and with us living on the water we have to have our yard sprayed to be able to sit in it during Mosquito season. Hope to see you there. Julie & Ric
    Julie & Ric, we were married in Narragansett and love Rhode Island! We live south of Boston now and share in the same "joy" of mosquito season. I also have a similar reaction to those bites, so I know it is just my weird allergies kicking in but I am very happy to hear that in previous trips you didn't have an issue (despite the last one - ouch). Hoping that between better prep, bug spray, and time of year I will be a little more comfortable on our next trip "home." Are you going this November or next?

Emcollins3, Narragansett is a beautiful place for a wedding. Ric and I head down a few times during the summer. Put the top down and go for a late night ride. Nothing better. We are headed back to CSA Nov 3-12-2014. Can't wait! I seem to be the only one wishing summer would hurry up, get here and end...LOL I will try and remember to let you know how the bugs are when I return since you seem to be going the same time in 2015. We will have to skip 2015 since we have a big wedding in December but any time we can get back home I am willing to do what ever I have to too make it happen.