Default Planning first trip to Couples SS - Have some questions

We've been nudists for years and are anxiously planning our first trip to Couples SS.

Would appreciate your help with the following:

From what I read the A and B Blocks are best for location to A/N beach. I've also read that the B units have been redecorated.
    We'd like the second step up in accommodations ( Deluxe Ocean Verandah). Are there such units in B blocks, 2nd or 3rd floors or must I get a one bedroom suite to be there?

What is the romance package that would enable us to visit CTI also without paying the $100 pp+ fee?

Do most of the nudists dress up for dinner and then listen to music at the bar near the prude pool in the evenings? I take it that the A/N area is quiet after 5pm unless a special event is planned there.

We are planning to be there in December and so far have found the best prices when we make our own flight arrangements and book the hotel with Couples directly. I'm just wondering if I need to book Couples now for December, 2014. I don't like the idea of putting a 50% deposit down this far in advance. Does anyone know if they usually have discounts later on in the year?

Thanks so much.
    Barbara

Hi and Welcome!
    A and B blocks are only beachfront Jacuzzi suites. The Deluxe Ocean Verandah are not in A and b blocks, they are up on the cliffs but not sure the actual letters. We stayed one year in a block and the rooms were nice but we are going again and opting for Deluxe Ocean View.
    You need to sign up for Romance rewards to do trading places. You can find it on the web page.
    Most everyone dresses up for dinner. Just to make sure you are aware, this is not a nudist resort. Sunset Beach is the nude beach but you must be clothed anywhere else on the resort.
    We have found the best pricing the earlier we book. We are booked for next August. We only need $300 down and the remainder to be paid either 45 or 60 days prior to the trip. Just as an example, if I put in the same dates for this August now that we have booked next year, the cost is approx. $800 higher.
    You will love San Souci!
    It varies what everyone does after dinner. We have often returned to Sunset beach in the evening and enjoyed the hot tub. Some times there are other couples there, other times not.

We are nudists from PA. We spend the day at SSB and the rest of the evening clothed at dinner and entertainment. In the evening we sometimes return to the SSB hot tub. It is much easier to reach the an beach from block A or B they both have the same type of room the beachfront one bedroom suite. I cannot address the CTI portion of your question. Hope I have helped some. Ask me specific an questions if you wish. BILLNDAWN

A&B are all one bedroom beachfront suites. Only 1 of them has been remodeled and the rest to follow in the slow season. You need to join the romance rewards program to go to CTI for the day, go to the bottom of the page and you will see a link to the page. If you book with Couples you can do the Love Away plan. It is 100 down and then 100 a month until 45 days before your arrival then the balance is due. You will love it at CSS it is the beautiful.

Hello Barbara,

A and B blocks have only Beachfront Suites. The other categories of suites are in blocks C through G.

To be able to visit CTI without paying become a Romance Rewards member by going to the following page: http://couples.com/romance-rewards/. One of the perks is doing the trading places stay at the other resort on the same side of the island you're already staying.

SSB closes around 5 PM so the prudes can come over and enjoy the view of the sunset without seeing a moon rise. Most will dress for dinner and hang out at the bar near the Beach Grill or at the Balloon Bar...except for the nights of the Beach Party and Starlight Gala where people meet at the events.

Discounts usually happen in the Spring for the following year though there are occasional specials throughout the year.

You're welcome,

Bart & Bug

Um... It sounds like a lot of your information is inaccurate... I will try to answer questions as best as I can.

A and B blocks ARE the closest to the AN beach. A is the closest, B a little farther away. A and B are exclusively One Bedroom Beachfront Suites. They are a fantastic room. They have a smaller balcony, but are very close to most of the resort offerings. The only things they are "far" from would be the spa, Cassanova, and Balloon Bar. I do not know of any recent redecorations being done to B block. I know they have redone one single room as a sample room, and are planning on remodeling all the other rooms in the near future.

All you need to do to be able to visit CTI is sign up for the free romance rewards, and you will be able to do a trading places visit to CTI for the day. You will be able to visit CTI from roughly 10am-4pm. You might be able to get breakfast while there. Can take advantage of the lunch restaurants and bars, and visit Tower Island while there. I do not know what $100pp+ fee you are talking about.

At 5pm (or 6 depending on the time of year) Sunset Beach opens up to the rest of the resort, and basically becomes clothing optional during the sunset hour. After that, most, if not all people do go get ready (dressed) for dinner. After dinner, you can watch the nightly entertainment/singers, go sit at one of a couple open bars, walk the beach or the paths, go back over to Sunset Beach (usually it is VERY quiet over there at this time), or go back to your room. Sunset beach is a completely Au Natural beach during the day. No clothing is allowed, except in the early morning, and later evening. The rest of the resort, clothing or swimwear is required at all times. Women are allowed to be topless while at the beach, but on the rest of the resort, everyone must be covered in at least a swimsuit.

As far as booking, there is no such thing as booking too early. Some people already have their 2014, 2015, and 2016 trips booked!! Couples has a best rate guarantee, so if you book now, and they release a better deal later, all you have to do is call them and ask for the better rate. They will gladly take care of you. We are heading back to Couples in 26 days, and we booked this trip last March, about 2 weeks after we got back from our last visit! Also, if you book now, and decide later you need to cancel, you can get a full refund, as long as you cancel before 45 days prior to your trip. There is absolutely no need to put down a 50% deposit for your trip. With Couples, you pay a $400 deposit, and then 45 days before your trip, you pay the remaining balance. You can also choose to pay just $100, and then Couples automatically charges you $100 every month, with the remaining balance paid at the 45 day mark. I have never heard of anyone having to pay 50%. Where did you hear that information from?

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

26 days 11 hours 24 minutes until we come back home!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

To sign up for Romance Rewards go to http://couples.com/romance-rewards/. That will allow you to do Trading Places once during your stay (maybe more if they are not busy, we did it twice).

I assume the 50% deposit is because of the airfare? Normally you can sign up for the "Love Away" plan and you pay a small amount up from and then equal amounts for each month between when you sign up and when you leave. So, for instance, it is a little over 8 months until you would go so you would pay the deposit (which I think is $400, but I am not sure) and then 1/8th of the balance each month. If you change you mind it is fully refundable until 45 days from when you leave.

You can use Sunset Beach in the evening Au Natural if you want, including the pool and the hot tub. Go to dinner and then come back, strip off and soak under the stars.

Here is a link to a superimposed resort map. It might help you get your bearings.

http://couples.com/mb/attachment.php...0&d=1394390899

A and B blocks are the closest to the AN beach. A is a bit further away from the pool and bar, so may be a bit quieter. Couples has a number of great deals. We book a year in advance and they charge my cc $100 per month up to about two months prior to arrival then they charge whatever, if any, is left to pay. They also guarantee 'the best deal' so if you find something better contact them and they will adjust. I can tell you I have tried but never found a better deal then when I booked. One other thing to think about. Airlines only book for about 8 to 10 months in advance. So, trying to book through Couples (therefore your air is included in the insurance package) can't be done. Also, check how your getting there.. We are in Florida and booked our flights with AA for just under $700. We also just found out that Southwest is offering service out of Orlando for about $300!!!! Ahhhhhhh. The AA tickets are not refundable. We can use them later but have to pay $150 per ticket to change. Oh well. Live and learn.... as they say.

We stayed ground floor in A last visit. At first I was upset at the G/F local, but it was PERFECT> short walk to the dive boat, right by the pool, adjacent to the pond and easy walk to to SSB (where we spent most of our time). It also allowed us to explore the rest of the resort as if it was all new, since we didnt have to transit it multiple times a day. I really don't think you can go wrong with room selection and let's face it, you arent going to be spending a lot of time there