Default Is a room upgrade worth the money/

My wife and I are going to CN May 28-June6 for the first time. Really looking forward to is especially after reading all the treads about our different options. We are currently booked in a Deluxe Ocean View room and I'm considering seeing if we can upgrade to a beach front. I tried getting an ocean front suite but there are no vacancies. Is the upgrade to the beach front room worth the extra money? I appreciate your opinions.

Our first trip to CN we splurged on the beachfront suite (6301). We absolutely loved it. All the rest of our trips have been Garden View (with some promotional upgrades to Ocean View). I am fine with garden (and perhaps adding days rather than more expensive room).

Everyone will answer this differently depending upon how important the room is to them. For my wife and I, when we go to CN we book a basic garden room because when we are in it we are generally just changing clothes or are asleep. Plus, the worst room at CN is still very nice! The room location is not important to us at CN (while it crucial to us at CSS!) because everything is so compact and getting to anywhere from anywhere on the CN property is a matter of just seconds and there are no hills, steps, etc.... to deal with. Every dollar we save puts us closer to staying at Couples an additional night, a dinner at Ivan's up on the cliffs, or a step closer to our next vacation. We would far rather be there an additional day and night than to stay in a more expensive room.
    Having said that, the one thing that does draw me to the suites at CN is the larger balcony and the hammock on the balconies. So far, I have been able to resist that. I would also add that my answer would be different if we were talking about CSS or even CSA where the resorts is spread out so much. But even then it is about location rather than the actual room itself.
    Have a great trip!

The Beachfront Suite is the only room we book at CN!! Unlike some people, we do spend some time in our room and the BFS has a huge bedroom/sitting room plus an equally large bathroom. Also there is a hammock on the balcony!! There is also a lovely perk you get with this room....each evening you get either a savory or sweet hors d'oeuvre plate. We try to get a 3rd floor room as the view is spectacular. Great for sunset watching!

We haven't been to CN but I just wanted to say ENJOY Jamaica and ENJOY Couples!

Not really unless your staying in your room all the time. The room bigger and bigger bathroom other wise they are the same. The balcony has a hammock.

That really comes down to a matter of personal preference. We're booked for a Deluxe Ocean View room and like the view of the ocean at a lesser cost. We find that we really don't spend a lot of time in our room so are happy with this category. Most of our time is spent on the beach so it's not a big deal. So, it really comes down to whether you're wanting to see the beach or be near the beach. Enjoy whichever choice you go with!

This May will be our fifth time coming home. We've had four "upgraded" rooms. I say that because we only booked the last two of them that way. One we were surprised upgraded (beachfront suite, CSS), second "secret" (ocean view, SR, CSS), third CSA Atrium (worth every single penny), and fourth coming up in CN (beachfront room) snagged at a crazy deal. The non-upgraded was a garden view at CTI.

To be perfectly honest, they could have put me in a tent by the road, and it would have been awesome. But room is important to my husband, and he is always willing to pay to see the ocean and/or have more space. The scenery is breathtaking no matter which way you look, so it is totally personal preference.

Room upgrade depends on what is important to you. The beachfront room is identical to the deluxe ocean view except for location. The beach front rooms are in the buildings closest to the water...but these buildings are only a couple hundred feet closer than the buildings with the ocean view rooms. I have stayed in a beach front suite, and those are really nice. They are the same space as 2 normal rooms. Enjoy your time in paradise!

Quote Originally Posted by Tkister View Post
    My wife and I are going to CN May 28-June6 for the first time. Really looking forward to is especially after reading all the treads about our different options. We are currently booked in a Deluxe Ocean View room and I'm considering seeing if we can upgrade to a beach front. I tried getting an ocean front suite but there are no vacancies. Is the upgrade to the beach front room worth the extra money? I appreciate your opinions.
    Yes. It is worth it!

Just to avoid disappointment, your room category is "Deluxe Ocean," not "Deluxe Ocean View." Ocean rooms offer no more than a possible partial view of the ocean (some have no ocean view at all). Most of the ocean rooms are in Buildings 7 and 8, while beachfront rooms and beachfront suites (there are no rooms called ocean view suites) are located in Buildings 1, 5, 6, and 9. We find Building 5 to be really inconvenient for how/where we spend our time (although it's really convenient for those guests who spend a lot of time in the water sports area), so if we had to choose between an ocean room in Building 7 or Building 8 or a beachfront room in Building 5, we'd choose the ocean room.

Other than location and view, there is no difference between an ocean and a beachfront room. Both offer the same in-room amenities.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

No, definatley not! Save your money for an extra massage, private dinner, or an off-resort dinner.

On our first visit last year we booked a Beachfront room. One of the things we really enjoy is having our coffee on our balcony in the morning, maybe with a little room service breakfast. Being able to see the water is a nice feature to go with that. The Beachfront room gave us an excellent view. On our upcoming visit this year we dropped down a level to Ocean. I hope we will still be able to see a little bit of the water. If we are disappointed in that view, we may try to upgrade. Either way, we will have more experience when it comes time to book for 2015.

So in review, is the upgrade worth the money?:
    1. Upgrade is nice, but extra days are better!
    2. Extra days better.
    3. Upgrade is worth it! (view & hors d'oeuvres)
    4. Not really worth it.
    5. Depends...how close do you want to be to the beach?
    6. Worth it for more space...but depends on personal preference.
    7. Depends...beachfront suites are nice, but only a couple of hundred feet closer to the beach.
    8. Yes, it is worth it!
    9. Other than location, rooms are the same (note: suites twice the size).
    10. Not worth it - save for extra massage, dinner, etc.
    11. Maybe...views and balcony are nice.

Well, I guess that settles it then.
    Last edited by Bert; March 25th, 2014 at 04:25 PM.