Default Beach Hair Products

This question is directed to the women of the board: Does anyone have any recommendations for beach hair products, as in products to use on your hair while you're at the beach, not products to make your hair look like you've been to the beach? I'm only having luck finding the latter. I don't have a problem with frizz. My hair is straight (but with body), fine (but on the thick side), and a little past my shoulders. It's also oily, and when I go to the beach it looks plain gross. Also, I'm a wash and go type, with regarding to styling my hair, but I don't want to keep my hair pulled up the entire time I'm on the beach.

Default What is it that you want you hair to do?

Quote Originally Posted by A+B=<3 View Post
    This question is directed to the women of the board: Does anyone have any recommendations for beach hair products, as in products to use on your hair while you're at the beach, not products to make your hair look like you've been to the beach? I'm only having luck finding the latter. I don't have a problem with frizz. My hair is straight (but with body), fine (but on the thick side), and a little past my shoulders. It's also oily, and when I go to the beach it looks plain gross. Also, I'm a wash and go type, with regarding to styling my hair, but I don't want to keep my hair pulled up the entire time I'm on the beach.
    Just wondering what you want your hair to do? Stay straight? Protect from sun damage?

Kris
    Kris

I just go with a leave-in conditioner to protect color and hair in general from the sun. Keeps hair from frizzing and moisturized too.

The past couple of times we've gone to CSA I've done keratin treatment a week or two before. I don't get my hair wet in pool or sea, so no worries about salt water damaging it.

I have very thick hair that friezes, so the keratin is awesome. You may also want to use a silk therapy after washing, during drying.

That said, it's so hot my hair ends up in a ponytail other than at dinner.

Nothing fancy... I just want to be able to go for an ocean swim, rinse off in an outdoor shower (assuming they have those at CSS), run some product through my hair, let it air dry in the sun, and not have it look lanky and greasy. Is that asking too much? Protection from sun/sea damage is a plus.

I might try Bumble and Bumble's Texture Hair(Un)dressing Crème. I was just curious what others used. Leave-in conditioner sounds like a good option.

I haven't used this specifically when I've been at the beach, but I use redken argan oil on my hair everyday. I was skeptical when my hairdresser recommended it but I LOVE this stuff. It keeps my hair super soft and it never makes it greasy, I was amazed. You might be able to get a sample to try from your hair salon.

Nothing fancy... I just want to be able to go for an ocean swim, rinse off in an outdoor shower (assuming they have those at CSS), run some product through my hair, let it air dry in the sun, and not have it look lanky and oily. Is that asking too much? Protection from sun/sea damage is a plus.

I might try Bumble and Bumble's Texture Hair(Un)dressing Crème. I was just curious what others used. Leave-in conditioner sounds like a good option.

I also use a leave in conditioner and sometimes wear a hat. Here's a link that might help with product suggestions. I googled "sun products for hair" and got back a ton of good results but thought this one the best. http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/g...-hair-products
    If you are looking for style suggestions braids are very popular right now and allow you to wear some of your hair up and some down. That also can provide really cute hair for the evening.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

I discovered a wide fabric headband this spring - it protected my scalp from "part burns" and was cuter than a cap or visor for wet hair.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches View Post
    I discovered a wide fabric headband this spring - it protected my scalp from "part burns" and was cuter than a cap or visor for wet hair.
    I definitely go te way of the wide headband or visor during the day. I just don't worry during the day because there isn't much to do, coming in and out of the water for me...plus, I'm wearing sunglasses and hoping no one can really notice who I am ;-).

I'm a curly girl, but rely on the Deva Curl products for evening. I use their conditioner as a leave-in product, even though it isn't intended that way, and then use their An-gel gel on top. I have thick curls and this works well for me for defining the curls and controlling the frizz. I use about twice as much product in Jamaica as at home, lol. I actually love the humidity for my curls. I never do anything to style my hair except put the product in and let my hair dry on it's own, and then loosen the curls once by flipping my head over and giving it all a quick scrunch.

Quote Originally Posted by A+B=<3 View Post
    Nothing fancy... I just want to be able to go for an ocean swim, rinse off in an outdoor shower (assuming they have those at CSS), run some product through my hair, let it air dry in the sun, and not have it look lanky and oily. Is that asking too much? Protection from sun/sea damage is a plus.

Sorry about the double post. Not sure how that happened. ::embarrassed::

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! My best friend's response was "just go with it; it's the beach," but I want to be resort chic, haha!

(made it past the 50 day mark to CSS, woo!)